12 days and 4 important matches

Tuesday - Swansea

Saturday - Bristol City

Tuesday - Ipswich

Saturday - Bolton

Spare a thought for Jos trying to juggle a wafer-thin squad through these hugely important 12 days.

Arguably the most important match of this batch is Bolton. We don’t want to be lining up against a relegation rival with a much-weakened side.

I always look forward to such periods where there are so many matches to watch, and this is no exception. Each of these matches carries great importance. 

At the end end of this short period we may have pulled clear of the relegation strugglers, and be licking our lips over the imminent home quarter-final v Tottenham, or we may have been dragged deep into the mire and out of the cup.

Fingers crossed. The second string players and the youngsters are doing a really decent job under Jos. Lets hope we get the odd slice of luck and two or three outstanding results.

I’m genuinely couldn’t care less about the Cup now, making a quarter final which we will probably lose won’t mean anything if we are playing League 1 football next season.

Bristol City will be tough and anything we get there will be a bonus be we really need to be getting 6 points from Ipswich and Bolton, 2 winnable games at home that could “almost” see us there.

If we don’t win any of the league matches, we’ll probably be down at the bottom

We need to our wins now, because our patched up team of second stringers, and promising youngsters, won’t deal well in the pressure situation of a relegation scrap It shows how important that Millwall game was, and the foolhardy tactics used

The pressure is building

We've still more than a quarter of the season left to take care of the league, and we can prioritize the cup game without putting our survival in the league at any real risk.

It's our 150th year and this season has been abysmal. I want us to put out a team that gives us the best chance of making this season actually mean something.

Those who would put out a weakened side against Swansea under the illusion that we're prioritizing the league by doing so hardly solve the problem of putting out strong sides in the following 3 games.

But in any case, we'll have 15 or 16 players unavailable for Tuesday, so there's sadly not so much wiggle room.

Fans talk about the cup meaning far less to the clubs now, and yet you only have to look at the fans to see how obliging they are with this. We've the prospect of a quarter final against Tottenham (or Rochdale, in which case we could have a serious stab at setting up a semi-final) at stake here and apparently no-one's bothered

19 minutes ago, cowl said:

We've still more than a quarter of the season left to take care of the league, and we can prioritize the cup game without putting our survival in the league at any real risk.

It's our 150th year and this season has been abysmal. I want us to put out a team that gives us the best chance of making this season actually mean something.

Those who would put out a weakened side against Swansea under the illusion that we're prioritizing the league by doing so hardly solve the problem of putting out strong sides in the following 3 games.

But in any case, we'll have 15 or 16 players unavailable for Tuesday, so there's sadly not so much wiggle room.

Fans talk about the cup meaning far less to the clubs now, and yet you only have to look at the fans to see how obliging they are with this. We've the prospect of a quarter final against Tottenham (or Rochdale, in which case we could have a serious stab at setting up a semi-final) at stake here and apparently no-one's bothered

I don’t know how I feel about the cup game, but the fact that there is a quarter of the season left, really scares me

We seem a bit removed from the relegation battle, but our form over the last 20 games, is bottom three, and getting worse That’s why I would much rather there was only half a dozen matches left There are seeds of a better long term future, but those aren’t being reflected in the results, and if we go down, those emerging players will be off

We are capable of winning any game against any Championship side.

Bristol are on the slide, and I wouldn't be surprised if we went down there and got a victory. 

I think we've just got to be brave, and go for it. Give the players the confidence that they can go out there, and play at the intensity we saw yesterday.

Tuesday night, I wouldn't game too much. Wildsmith, Boyd, Pelupessy, Clare and Nuhiu will drop out I suspect. Dawson, Loovens, Butterfield, Jones and Rhodes will come in. 

Saturday, I would suspect it'll be similar to yesterdays side, but perhaps Joao sitting out, with Rhodes retaining his place, and maybe Thorniley coming back into the reckoning to give Fox/Pudil a rest. 

We can get through this run of fixtures, without making wholesale changes from game to game...assuming we don't suffer any more injuries. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

One game at a time, looking at the side we put out yesterday there is more than enough in this current crop to survive comfortably. We've run an automatic promotion contender with a multi million pound squad all the way with our barebones, we'll be fine.

But ultimately lost again That has to change, and fast After the debacle against Millwall, for me anyway, Villa became a must win game It was always going to be tough, but if we want to get out of this relegation form, we have to start winning 

If we fail to win at somewhere like Millwall, where we might fancy our chance, then you need to pull one out of the hat against a side like Villa

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But ultimately lost again That has to change, and fast After the debacle against Millwall, for me anyway, Villa became a must win game It was always going to be tough, but if we want to get out of this relegation form, we have to start winning 

If we fail to win at somewhere like Millwall, where we might fancy our chance, then you need to pull one out of the hat against a side like Villa

We did.  But if you take the last three (Derby, Millwall, Villa) that's quite a difficult set.  i suggest a more difficult trio than the average trio across the games we have to come.  Three points.  Over a typical season that is relegation form or near it; but a point per game for us from here will be enough.  I shall be relieved when it's all over but I think it will be ok.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We need to our wins now, because our patched up team of second stringers, and promising youngsters, won’t deal well in the pressure situation of a relegation scrap It shows how important that Millwall game was, and the foolhardy tactics used

The pressure is building

It is but Hooper, Bannan, Lees and Hutch might not be far away. They seem to be being nursed back. They'll be a huge boost. Unlucky yesterday ; agree we do need to pick up a win or two and then the returning players should hopefully be a positive at the sharp end.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The pressure is building

Agree, and for me it highlights just how important it is that we stick by the players Home and away. Get singing, get loud, get Wednesday. 

UTO