This press conference has got me very angry

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

Were the players unfit for CC’s first 2 seasons? Or did it come after a poor run of 10 games in season 3. 

Easy to to blame someone else when you’re not performing.  

I though they were unfit last season.  No real attacking the opposing players (you know what I mean even though I haven't described it well) like we saw in CC's first season

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Anybody who went to games regularly could see our players were not as fit as the opposition.

We have never been capable of playing 90 mins at full speed. We have always started games very slowly and gone for it late in games. Even in his first season we  generally sat back at the start of games and the great attacking football everyone talks about was late in games after we had spent 60 mins conserving energy.

Over the period of his tenure we have had a great disastrous cycle of the general fitness of players being poor and hence they pick up injuries easier , are slower to recover but irrespective of this they have been pushed into playing too soon and the cycle goes on. Some players who were naturally fit, say Bannan and Lee lasted longer but eventually it caught up with them.

As somebody posted about all Carlos was interested in was promotion and sacrificed many things in trying to achieve it. He failed and left  our club a complete mess.

Should others share the blame?

Not much. Carlos was in charge of our first team squad and that includes fitness. Players have some responsibility but to suggest them doing training on their own would make up for a poor overall fitness regime is ludicrous.

Equally Chansiri is the overall boss but when it came to discussing football matters with Carlos I imagine it was a one sided discussion.

Carlos loved the publicity, I hope the absolute mess he has left behind hits the national press as well

Bloody good post.

Ffsoldishowl18©

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's very very clear that there's been a very serious and major issue with player fitness

I know we have had injuries and so do you. It's obvious that players haven't been fit

But Jos's response to the last journalist in this press conference has got me raging

It's clear that the fitness of this squad has been absolutely criminal. 

Carlos really has left us with an absolute total disaster of a squad fitness wise and Jos was as professional as he could be but his response was about as damning as it could possibly be without saying that Carlos might as well have given the squad an ice-cream and told them all to go for a walk on Scarborough Beach every day instead of any kind of fitness training whatsoever.

I'll post the video when it's up on Youtube so you can see for yourselves but I'll be honest I'm absolutely raging about what Carlos has done to our players on the fitness side now.

I feel very very sorry for Jos having to sort this mess out and getting stick whilst he's trying to do so. It sounds like the fitness of this squad at a professional football club in the Championship has been neglected by Carlos and his staff about as badly as it could have been.

Anyone knocking Jos right now or bigging up Carlos anymore can sod off. After this press conference neither are acceptable options to me. We need to back Jos 100% right now as he cleans up the worst possible mess left behind.

Disgraceful

If you've not seen the press conference please for the love of god watch it before posting any replies because this is YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB that is in this mess.

Yours faithfully Mr Genuinely Livid

I concur. And yet, despite Jos having to deal with and clean up the sheeite CC has left, you don't believe he will be here next season. Why ?

What a ridiculous thread New manager comes out with usual guff about players not being fit enough blah blah blah

Needs to get on with his job and start winning games If he doesn’t like the fitness level, up the training He’s been here long enough to fit a full pre seasons worth of fitness work in

Edited by gurujuan

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What a ridiculous thread New manager comes out with usual guff about players not being fit enough blah blah blah

Needs to get on with his job and start winning games If he doesn’t like the fitness level, up the training He’s been here long enough to fit a full pre seasons worth of fitness work in

Carlos.jpg.a9b396acb8231dc352e5aaa8bd563992.jpg

Have included this for you mate 

Remember NEVER EVER head towards the red circle

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yeah but he's doing a right good job at Swansea:carlosswfc:

He’s doing a good job because he’s good at

the start with the players being fit under the old manager he’s doing well there because of this like the first season with us. Let’s judge carloss reign at Swansea after 2 more seasons if he makes it that long after he has had pre seasons with them not getting them fit enough like what he did with us

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

6 week not enough for a full sore seasons worth of training especially with games coming thick and fast how does he prepare and get them fit at same time 

1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

6 week not enough for a full sore seasons worth of training especially with games coming thick and fast how does he prepare and get them fit at same time 

It isn’t ideal, but they have to have some level of fitness, or they wouldn’t be able to compete It might not be up to Jos’s standards, but it’s not like they’re starting from scratch He needs to get on with it

Just now, gurujuan said:

It isn’t ideal, but they have to have some level of fitness, or they wouldn’t be able to compete It might not be up to Jos’s standards, but it’s not like they’re starting from scratch He needs to get on with it

So let's just get this straight

Carlos is absolved of all responsibility
It's Jos's fault

He should be getting the few fit players he has to train intensively on fitness in between the crucial games they're playing?

The more you explore what you believe should be happening the madder your idea becomes

lol

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's very very clear that there's been a very serious and major issue with player fitness

I know we have had injuries and so do you. It's obvious that players haven't been fit

But Jos's response to the last journalist in this press conference has got me raging

It's clear that the fitness of this squad has been absolutely criminal. 

Carlos really has left us with an absolute total disaster of a squad fitness wise and Jos was as professional as he could be but his response was about as damning as it could possibly be without saying that Carlos might as well have given the squad an ice-cream and told them all to go for a walk on Scarborough Beach every day instead of any kind of fitness training whatsoever.

I'll post the video when it's up on Youtube so you can see for yourselves but I'll be honest I'm absolutely raging about what Carlos has done to our players on the fitness side now.

I feel very very sorry for Jos having to sort this mess out and getting stick whilst he's trying to do so. It sounds like the fitness of this squad at a professional football club in the Championship has been neglected by Carlos and his staff about as badly as it could have been.

Anyone knocking Jos right now or bigging up Carlos anymore can sod off. After this press conference neither are acceptable options to me. We need to back Jos 100% right now as he cleans up the worst possible mess left behind.

Disgraceful

If you've not seen the press conference please for the love of god watch it before posting any replies because this is YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB that is in this mess.

Yours faithfully Mr Genuinely Livid

Wow I was getting frustrated for him I really like JOS it’s not fair on him at all he’s trying hard with what he has available if he plays same players I agree we will have more injuries and could cost the team in the long run.

wow feel for him stupid Carlos has made this hard work.

tell you what I am looking forward to a full preseason with him and next year now :D 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I was one of Carlos' biggest fans mate - genuinely. I thought he was ace. 

Charismatic, convincing, and fun

I backed him when many were attacking his style of play, results and wanted him out as I just wanted him to turn the situation around and turn out to be the manager that I thought he was/could be.

That was until I heard what was really going on, more than once, and by many.

At which point I felt totally and absolutely mugged off by him.

I also don't cling to an opinion forever just because I posted it on Owlstalk. If something happens or comes to light to warrant me changing my mind then I will do so. I'm not stubborn. I'm here to learn as much as anyone else is that's open minded to learning about our club.

I don't criticise anyone who dares to defend him at all, but I do argue the point that you only have to look at the evidence of unfit players, injuries and what the new manager is saying and even more importantly what the players themselves have said since Carlos left to see what has been going on at the club.

That post pretty much sums up how i felt about Carlos. Well said

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's Jos's fault

He should be getting the few fit players he has to train intensively on fitness in between the crucial games they're playing?

The more you explore what you believe should be happening the madder your idea becomes

lol

Its not absolving him of owt.....FFS!

You're the one who wants to go on a positivity drive mate...How does harking on the past do that....?

Best foot forward and accept what you can't change....

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Let’s face it they haven’t really been competing throughout the season have hey hence why a playoff finalist/semi finalist team is now closer to relegation than to the playoffs. They haven’t completed to their previous standards because of lack of fitness no ones saying they not fit at all we are saying hey are not fit enough. And jos has not had time to gain fitness (a full pre seasons worth) as well as get his methods accross and preparing for each game in 6 week that’s not enough at all

Edited by Lomas613

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's Jos's fault

lol

During his time here, he’s been able to call on 16 first team players, plus half a dozen of our table topping U23s (no fitness problems there I see)  He also has Lees, Abdi and Hutchinson on the way back

It hasn’t been ideal for him, but as I said, he just needs to get on with it There’s still enough talent there to be achieving better results than he’s done so far

As for Carlos, his time was up, and there were plenty of things he got wrong, despite leading us to our two most successful seasons in recent history So forget about Carlos, and look at what our new man is doing

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

During his time here, he’s been able to call on 16 first team players, plus half a dozen of our table topping U23s (no fitness problems there I see)  He also has Lees, Abdi and Hutchinson on the way back

It hasn’t been ideal for him, but as I said, he just needs to get on with it There’s still enough talent there to be achieving better results than he’s done so far

As for Carlos, his time was up, and there were plenty of things he got wrong, despite leading us to our two most successful seasons in recent history So forget about Carlos, and look at what our new man is doing

Even if we forget totally about Carlos (who is responsible for this mess) your plan doesn't add up

Jos can't get the squad totally 100% fit in between the plethora of games we have been playing/coming up

It's not possible

'not by a long chalk'

lol

Owlstalk Shop