This press conference has got me very angry

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if we forget totally about Carlos (who is responsible for this mess) your plan doesn't add up

Jos can't get the squad totally 100% fit in between the plethora of games we have been playing/coming up

It's not possible

'not by a long chalk'

lol

Ideally he’d like them fitter, but as you say, there isn’t much that can be done mid season 

Jos needs to start winning league games, starting on Saturday Let’s see how his, slightly fitter side, compares to Carlos’s unfit one, which actually won at Villa Park

Just now, gurujuan said:

Ideally he’d like them fitter, but as you say, there isn’t much that can be done mid season 

Jos needs to start winning league games, starting on Saturday Let’s see how his, slightly fitter side, compares to Carlos’s unfit one, which actually won at Villa Park

Your posts have no logic whatsoever in them mate

It's like you're desperate to post something to defend carlos and deflect all the blame and responsibility onto Jos before thinking it through

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

During his time here, he’s been able to call on 16 first team players, plus half a dozen of our table topping U23s (no fitness problems there I see)  He also has Lees, Abdi and Hutchinson on the way back

It hasn’t been ideal for him, but as I said, he just needs to get on with it There’s still enough talent there to be achieving better results than he’s done so far

As for Carlos, his time was up, and there were plenty of things he got wrong, despite leading us to our two most successful seasons in recent history So forget about Carlos, and look at what our new man is doing

He's inherited a demotivated, unfit set of reserve players.

Vast majority of the 16 players he has were never ever first team picks. They were back up players.

He's basically working with one arm tied behind his back until he can get a pre-season training schedule in place.

What don't you get ? - its a total F@@@ing mess.

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

He's inherited a demotivated, unfit set of reserve players.

Vast majority of the 16 players he has were never ever first team picks. They were back up players.

He's basically working with one arm tied behind his back until he can get a pre-season training schedule in place.

What don't you get ? - its a total F@@@ing mess.

Nobody is disputing it’s a mess It’s been a mess from season one, anyone who follows Wednesday can see that So what did Jos think he was letting himself in for then? If you can see it’s a mess, I can see it’s a mess, then Jos should have seen it

He needs to stop whinging and get on with getting us some much neede wins

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

Quite right as well, he can't see that the bloke isn't whingeing he's answering questions from a journalist where both of them are doing their job for us, the supporters.

He doesn't strike me as the whingeing type, needs to get that cough checked out though.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Quite right as well, he can't see that the bloke isn't whingeing he's answering questions from a journalist where both of them are doing their job for us, the supporters.

He doesn't strike me as the whingeing type, needs to get that cough checked out though.

Its the players lightin' up in the dressing room...he's not used to it...............

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody is disputing it’s a mess It’s been a mess from season one, anyone who follows Wednesday can see that So what did Jos think he was letting himself in for then? If you can see it’s a mess, I can see it’s a mess, then Jos should have seen it

There isn't a club in the league that wouldn't be struggling in this situation.

I don't think he's moaning - just telling it as it is, as far as he can, without basically saying "carlos left us in the poo poo"

6 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

There isn't a club in the league that wouldn't be struggling in this situation.

I don't think he's moaning - just telling it as it is, as far as he can, without basically saying "carlos left us in the poo poo"

He's only even discussing it because he's been repeatedly asked/pushed about it

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You seem to have sent your brain to Swansea with Carlos.

How was Jos supposed to know he would be inheriting a squad of unfit players ?

He probably had to look on a map to find Sheffield.

I think he has been remarkably restrained in commenting on what he has found since starting the job.

On 02/11/2017 at 10:44, @owlstalk said:

I have a neutral stance on this issue

Although I think those who are still bleating for Carlos to go need to give him till the New Year (at which point we'll be flying high)

I back Carlos 100%. He's the right guy and the right kind of person we should have as our manager

Although I remain neutral on the issue of course for reasons of balance on the site

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Your posts have no logic whatsoever in them mate

It's like you're desperate to post something to defend carlos and deflect all the blame and responsibility onto Jos before thinking it through

I would say not the only person who has no logic to their posts.  The whole tone of this thread appears to be a method of causing division.

If you google players lacking fitness or inherited unfit players you will find pages and pages of managers complaining when they have just come to the club.  

Jos will do fine and the criticism he has received has been poor (though understandable with the Millwall team), given time to develop and integrate his methods and the way he wants to play we will be in a good place.

I've finally got round to watching that and to say it's uncomfortable viewing is an understatement 

not sure why @OWLSTALK is peeved by his last answer about the fans helping motivate, but perhaps there's more I haven't seen .

but I absolutely agree critics should watch listen and just try to understand why he's picking weird teams 

Rob staton as a reporter had a right go there but after 3 attempts at the same answer he should've given jos a break. I still believe we could've played someone up front earlier than we did  but as Jos says he's with them all week he knows (we don't) the fitness levels

The situation we've been left in is partly bad luck compounded by what is reported by players / rumours and my own eyes a completely unprofessional under prepared squad with slack non existent discipline that started picking up injury after injury.  I said weeks before Carlos got the sack that he's a blagger of a manager  he's doing it now at Swansea the same charismatic con.   

Jos says we have now 16 ( sixteen) players he can't pick from and he's even intimated he may have to play the under18s

I think he was too cautious on Tuesday  but bow to his far greater knowledge of the fitness status quo and how to manage was is an absolute car crash of a season

2 minutes ago, U2coop said:

I would say not the only person who has no logic to their posts.  The whole tone of this thread appears to be a method of causing division.

If you google players lacking fitness or inherited unfit players you will find pages and pages of managers complaining when they have just come to the club.  

Jos will do fine and the criticism he has received has been poor (though understandable with the Millwall team), given time to develop and integrate his methods and the way he wants to play we will be in a good place.

Amen brother

5 minutes ago, U2coop said:

It's not though is it?

Not one bit. I'm expressing my disappointment and worries about what mess Jos is in - during a time when Jos is getting it from all sides as to why he's not playing all the best players all the time.

Just casting all that aside and saying it's just a method of causing division isn't just lazy - it's inaccurate and attempts to deflect from the subject matter.

I'm definitely interested in reading all these new managers in the same situation Jos is in talking about it though - post us some links so we can see mate

Owlstalk Shop

I doubt there have been many managers who start a job with 12 first teamers out 

yes I've seen managers at swfc moan about fitness  this isn't just about fitness is it  - it's about what was a slack lazy regime whose methods or lack of them has ended up with the perfect storm of 16 out and those left standing not fit 

• Like 1