This press conference has got me very angry

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Ideally he’d like them fitter, but as you say, there isn’t much that can be done mid season 

Jos needs to start winning league games, starting on Saturday Let’s see how his, slightly fitter side, compares to Carlos’s unfit one, which actually won at Villa Park

Hate  to say it bud, but Carlos had almost a full strength side and the best goalscorer we currently have in Hooper fit to play, oh and just for measure due to our woefully unfit team if we'd have had to play longer we'd have probably lost as they looked dead on thier feet with 20mins to go. 

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

He’s doing a good job because he’s good at

the start with the players being fit under the old manager he’s doing well there because of this like the first season with us. Let’s judge carloss reign at Swansea after 2 more seasons if he makes it that long after he has had pre seasons with them not getting them fit enough like what he did with us

Said the same bud, totally concur. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, though it seems unthinkable that there wouldn’t be some continuity between the training and medical staff Modern football is a multi million pound business, not a one man operation

Some of the younger players that have recently been given a chance have suggested that they had very little contact with Carlos, he was solely focused in first team players and didn't seem interested in turning to the youngsters even when the injuries started to kick in so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't bothered about having his fitness approach filtered down to the younger teams - thank goodness it seems! 

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair this points the finger more at Carlos's slack approach to fitness. He had very little interest in promoting anyone from the youth sides and very little involvement with them in general - their approach to fitness was probably better managed by the coaches at that level.

Isn't stevie Haslam  in charge  of the youths now. 

Remember him not being anything special as a player, but very hard working, fit, full of determination and professional. Just the sort of guy that you would expect to get the little things right like fitness, training and commitment. 

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hate  to say it bud, but Carlos had almost a full strength side and the best goalscorer we currently have in Hooper fit to play, oh and just for measure due to our woefully unfit team if we'd have had to play longer we'd have probably lost as they looked dead on thier feet with 20mins to go. 

I wouldn't go that far, there is a chance Jos could field 7 of the 11 that started at Villa Park though yes Bannan and Hooper would make a big difference. 

Yes we tired towards the end but they scored with virtually the last kick of the game we deserved the 3 points.

Following on about the Jos leaving thread I can pass this on:

I've heard he's had an interest in Aberystwth Town since he was 17 as he was a fanatical fan and shall be indeed leaving to follow the beaten track to Wales.

I was told that in confidence, so keep it between ourselves...:ph34r:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, though it seems unthinkable that there wouldn’t be some continuity between the training and medical staff Modern football is a multi million pound business, not a one man operation

Stop spouting theoretical rubbish.

Carlos wasn’t even concerned about the backup first team players never mind continuity across the Club.

Anybody who went to games could see our players were not fit enough , that players were rushed back too soon and players were played while carrying injuries.

This came to a head in the Huddersfield playoff Home game where we had at least 6 players on the pitch at the start who were not fit enough to play that game yet were still selected .

16 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes that’s true, but it makes the result even more credible as it was achieved with patently unfit, soon to be injured players We need to see a similar result from Jos’s boys on Saturday

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

Following on about the Jos leaving thread I can pass this on:

I've heard he's had an interest in Aberystwth Town since he was 17 as he was a fanatical fan and shall be indeed leaving to follow the beaten track to Wales.

I was told that in confidence, so keep it between ourselves...:ph34r:

Barrr, barrr any evidence to the contrary, think your trying to pull the wool over our eyes, unless of course it was leaked.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wouldn't go that far, there is a chance Jos could field 7 of the 11 that started at Villa Park though yes Bannan and Hooper would make a big difference. 

Yes we tired towards the end but they scored with virtually the last kick of the game we deserved the 3 points.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not saying we didn't play well or deserve the victory bud. I'm saying our lack of fitness almost cost us. 

That also Bannan and Hooper make a massive difference probably our most consistently creative midfielder and goalscorer missing makes more of a difference than missing say Jones or Buttercup in midfield or Dave or Jordan up front. 

8 hours ago, Watto said:

But you have a problem with Carlos anyway!

So any excuse you'll have a go 

I wanted him gone aswell but I'm not naive to believe he completely stopped giving a crap about the players fitness

But Neil's problem with CC only started after CC had left. I can attest to that because I had thread titles and posts which were changed and deleted. The posts and thread weren't even really slagging CC ; they were just a suggestion to get in Chris Coleman should CC , ( the Portuguese one ) , leave the club.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes that’s true, but it makes the result even more credible as it was achieved with patently unfit, soon to be injured players We need to see a similar result from Jos’s boys on Saturday

Exactly and I'd be far more confident if Bannan was pulling the strings and creating stuff in the middle with Hooper up top than joao and Jones. 

It's OK saying we've got so and so fit, but certain players being available more than others give you a far better odds on getting a result. 

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Stop spouting theoretical rubbish.

Carlos wasn’t even concerned about the backup first team players never mind continuity across the Club.

Anybody who went to games could see our players were not fit enough , that players were rushed back too soon and players were played while carrying injuries.

This came to a head in the Huddersfield playoff Home game where we had at least 6 players on the pitch at the start who were not fit enough to play that game yet were still selected .

Nobody is disputing the fitness levels weren’t what they should be The Huddersfield home game was more of a tactical wee wee tail up Lets not forget, those same unfit players went on that winning run that got us into the play offs in the first place

Again, it’s true that Carlos ignored the claim of the younger players, trusting those who had done it before My point is, any top football club is a major business, and not a one man operation like in the old days Of course there will have been dialogue between the fitness and medical teams

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody is disputing the fitness levels weren’t what they should be The Huddersfield home game was more of a tactical wee wee tail up Lets not forget, those same unfit players went on that winning run that got us into the play offs in the first place

Again, it’s true that Carlos ignored the claim of the younger players, trusting those who had done it before My point is, any top football club is a major business, and not a one man operation like in the old days Of course there will have been dialogue between the fitness and medical teams

This is true. Nobody can dispute that Huddersfield were fitter than us but they didn't win on penalties because of that, we didn't fail to beat them mainly due to their superior fitness. 

We failed to beat them because at the start of the 180 minutes contest that then turned into 210 minutes, our manager set out with the intention of winning 1-0 over the course of 2 games and it didn't work.

Carlos announced around November time that Jordan Rhodes was now finally in the ‘dynamic’ and doing what Carlos had been trying to get him to do since he signed .....that was to stop chasing the ball.

It sent shivers down my spine. He said Jordan ran too much before.

This lack of tempo, stand off football was a problem for the last 18 months, it was Carlos’ plan and it was totally intentional. It was also an absolute disaster for the long term future of this squad.

Thanks Carlos

Edited by slow83

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It didn't though did it

As anyone who is a regular reader of the site will testify to

C'mon Neil. You were backing him to the hilt and castigating people for having a pop at him. I'm sure that I could trawl up numerous threads from Nov / Dec last year where you were angry at people for having a go at him. I'm not saying that you weren't right to do it , but do it you did.

As for myself , I neither castigated nor defended CC during his tenure as manager / head coach of Sheffield Wednesday. I supported him along with the team and hoped beyond hope that things would come good for him and us.

Just one request of you though Neil. If you quote me will you quote my whole posts please. Sometimes using just one line distorts the original post. Thanks.