Where can you see the Wednesday ground from?

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

That’s nowt, you can see Lincoln Cathedral’s spire from there.

I've heard this before - apparently you can see top of Humber Bridge towers from Ringinglow too - I love the view over Sheffield from up there, and always make a point of driving up there (and on up to Burbage) whenever I visit my Mum and Dad's..... it's never been clear enough to see all the way over towards Lincoln or Humber Bridge - has anyone on here got any photos to show it's true....?

39 minutes ago, SimonJ said:

I've heard this before - apparently you can see top of Humber Bridge towers from Ringinglow too - I love the view over Sheffield from up there, and always make a point of driving up there (and on up to Burbage) whenever I visit my Mum and Dad's..... it's never been clear enough to see all the way over towards Lincoln or Humber Bridge - has anyone on here got any photos to show it's true....?

On the horizon with naked eye you can see Ferrybridge, Eggborough and Drax power stations. Drax (the furthest one to the right as you look at the three) is the nearest to the Humber bridge, so if you can see it, it will be further to the right.

I ain't heard that before will have a look next clear day

1 hour ago, SimonJ said:

After a quick search, found this (credit Vince Sellars on Flickr) -

Humber Bridge view from Sheffield (52 miles distance)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ramone said:

No way, thats awesome. The chances of getting a clear enough day are slim i should imagine

Only seen it once myself, but my brother used to take Dad for a drive up there and they saw it a few times.

• Like 1