Adam Reach ever-present

8 hours ago, thesexynortherner said:

Haha... you gotta he kiddin right.. best ever? Haha...

His distribution with the ball is awful.. his crossing is hit and miss.. with the vast majority being ‘miss’.. he gives away so many lazy free kicks it’s predictable when he’ll do it.. if only bet365 would let me place the bet ‘he’s going to run right through the back of the guy who’s got the bal, who’s penned in and no where to go with it’

CC respected his work rate and I presume his efforts in training. He’s in there by default of us having no one else.. once we get FF back or find anyone who can pick the ball up and run with it.. he’ll be out!

He’s not the worst of the current crop of crap we have to put up with.. but he’s pretty close!

let's be realistic, if this time next we r up in the top 6 pushing for promotion, the likes of reach,fox,jones, butterfield and big Dave will all be a distant memory, if they are all still getting a game, we will be in a relegation scrap, its that simple, those players listed would not feature in any promotion pushing side, (jones is not the player he was at Burnley)

8 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

CM's need to be able to tackle and have good distribution, whilst I'd be the first to question BB's tackling Reach is a worse tackler and not remotely close to BB as regards picking a pass in my opinion.

Surprised you say that you say you'd have him in cm before BB in my view is Reach is our best long term prospect but I believe he has to be wide rather than central his running would be wasted in cm in my view.

His first touch isn’t good enough for CM either. Bannan has the ball on a short string which helps him retain it so brilliantly. Adam’s best cards are his long stride and massive lungs, not twisting and turning.

He is a LWB or LM, and a fine one, who will only get better.

8 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

CM's need to be able to tackle and have good distribution, whilst I'd be the first to question BB's tackling Reach is a worse tackler and not remotely close to BB as regards picking a pass in my opinion.

Surprised you say that you say you'd have him in cm before BB in my view is Reach is our best long term prospect but I believe he has to be wide rather than central his running would be wasted in cm in my view.

I get this a lot with Bannan. He is easy on the eye and your right he can’t tackle to save his life (and I think he neshes them and hides but that’s another story) but how many goals and assists does he get ?? Hardly any. Reach isn’t good in a tackle I’ll give you that but his distribution while still can be poor has improved dramatically and his running with and without the ball causes the opposition problems. He has goals and assists in CM as well as out wide which is something we lack.

I don’t see Bannan as a cm any way I believe he is an attacking midfielder but lacks the goals and assists to play there. As good as he is I do believe we’re a better side without Bannan in it.

Reach is what we’re missing when Lee does not play in my opinion. The problem we do have is we have no left wing bsck

which Reach could do 

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

His first touch isn’t good enough for CM either. Bannan has the ball on a short string which helps him retain it so brilliantly. Adam’s best cards are his long stride and massive lungs, not twisting and turning.

He is a LWB or LM, and a fine one, who will only get better.

I agree his strides and lungs are his best attributes but he offers them in the CM role which opens us up. With no Lee in the team we miss this running in the middle of the park. I honestly think Reachs future will be a box to box midfielder in this mould.

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree his strides and lungs are his best attributes but he offers them in the CM role which opens us up. With no Lee in the team we miss this running in the middle of the park. I honestly think Reachs future will be a box to box midfielder in this mould.

Says something about the lad that most of us think he has so much to offer across 3 very different positions. Manager’s dream.

2 hours ago, clampyowl said:

let's be realistic, if this time next we r up in the top 6 pushing for promotion, the likes of reach,fox,jones, butterfield and big Dave will all be a distant memory, if they are all still getting a game, we will be in a relegation scrap, its that simple, those players listed would not feature in any promotion pushing side, (jones is not the player he was at Burnley)

Adam Reach is having a fantastic season and you still have to be negative about him? Just a reminder, in a somewhat struggling (read "crap") team he's got 4 goals and 6 assists. For a central midfielder/winger/left back, that's very good going. 

I think any fan that still doesn't rate Reach now either knows very little about football or is one of those that wrote him off a year ago and is too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Which one are you? 

Fun fact: WhoScored have a "ratings" algorithm where they look at the statistics of every player and then come up with a number out of 10 that quantifies how good they were. It's somewhat arbitrary, but it's a rough estimate of who's doing well and who isn't. Guess who has the highest average rating at Sheffield Wednesday once you filter out those that have played less than 3 games this season? Squawka do the same thing with a different algorithm... guess who's ranked fourth at Sheffield Wednesday? 

I don't even care if I come across as insulting you. If you don't think Reach is a good player, you are quite literally clueless about football. 

His scored and assisted for this season is fantastic.

He's statistically great

Most fans can see with their eyes that he's been good this year

When we finished in the top 6 last year, he started nearly every game he was available for

You are quite literally subjectively and objectively wrong in your opinion without a single fact to back you up. You almost couldn't be more wrong if you tried. That's just damn impressive. 

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't sit on the fence. ..:laugh:

As a matter of interest...which players are top of your list of the current crop of crap?

I dont particularly agree with the content of his post but he kind of has a point. 

Dont get me wrong, I think Reach has had a fantastic season so far but i'd to elaborate a little on why I think he has a point. I think Reach has stood out this season and as I've said many times on here recently he's really impressed me recent and I think he's grown up as a footballer. But lets be honest about it, if you stripped down his performances he's hardly giving 10/10 performances every week is he? I'd say he's just given us 7/10 every week. As I said in the Joey thread, thats absolutely fine by me. But when you stack it up against the 4/10 and 5/10 performances of the rest of the players, its better and he stands out more. 

I'm not knocking Adam Reach here. I think its great he's been putting in consistent performances for us and he's one of the first names on the team sheet for me. I just cant sit here and say he's one of our best signings ever. Thats just ludicrous when, in my opinion of course, he's been made to look a bit better than he is as the rest of his team mates have been pretty garbage for the most part of the season.

Again, please let me re-iterate to the Adam Reach fan club... I'm not knocking him. Just providing a little perspective. Keep up the solid work Adam!!

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Adam Reach is having a fantastic season and you still have to be negative about him? Just a reminder, in a somewhat struggling (read "crap") team he's got 4 goals and 6 assists. For a central midfielder/winger/left back, that's very good going. 

I think any fan that still doesn't rate Reach now either knows very little about football or is one of those that wrote him off a year ago and is too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Which one are you? 

Fun fact: WhoScored have a "ratings" algorithm where they look at the statistics of every player and then come up with a number out of 10 that quantifies how good they were. It's somewhat arbitrary, but it's a rough estimate of who's doing well and who isn't. Guess who has the highest average rating at Sheffield Wednesday once you filter out those that have played less than 3 games this season? Squawka do the same thing with a different algorithm... guess who's ranked fourth at Sheffield Wednesday? 

I don't even care if I come across as insulting you. If you don't think Reach is a good player, you are quite literally clueless about football. 

His scored and assisted for this season is fantastic.

He's statistically great

Most fans can see with their eyes that he's been good this year

When we finished in the top 6 last year, he started nearly every game he was available for

You are quite literally subjectively and objectively wrong in your opinion without a single fact to back you up. You almost couldn't be more wrong if you tried. That's just damn impressive. 

No need to be like that is there. Its his opinion, which he's entitled too. 

I didn't rate Reach when he first came. I've been open recently about how I think he's improved and he's been our best player this season. Do you think we'd be saying he was our player if FF/Hooper/Lee etc had been fit all season or is it circumstantial...? Yeah, I think so too

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

No need to be like that is there. Its his opinion, which he's entitled too. 

I didn't rate Reach when he first came. I've been open recently about how I think he's improved and he's been our best player this season. Do you think we'd be saying he was our player if FF/Hooper/Lee etc had been fit all season or is it circumstantial...? Yeah, I think so too

I have no issue with saying that he isn't one of our best signings ever, nor that he isn't one of our best players... but the statement that if Reach is "still getting a game in 12 months we'll be in a relegation scrap" is so laughably stupid that it needs saying. Sure people are entitled to their opinions, but when they're as wrong as this particular one I'm going to call him out on it and hard. Had he said "I don't rate Reach", I wouldn't have said any of it. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

I have no issue with saying that he isn't one of our best signings ever, nor that he isn't one of our best players... but the statement that if Reach is "still getting a game in 12 months we'll be in a relegation scrap" is so laughably stupid that it needs saying. Sure people are entitled to their opinions, but when they're as wrong as this particular one I'm going to call him out on it and hard. Had he said "I don't rate Reach", I wouldn't have said any of it. 

Oh I totally disagree with the notion that 'if Reach is still playing we'd be relegated'... Didn't see that post.

Personally, I'm delighted to be proved wrong about Reach. I said so at the time of posting negative things about him. He's a Wednesday player and I want him to do well. I couldn't see it coming last season but this season, he's really stepped up his game and has been our most consistent performer. But I'll put it this way, if (yes I know, if my Aunty had nuts she' be my Uncle and all that...) we were riding high in the league at this stage of the season, would you say Adams performances would have been a focal point of discussion had our better players been firing all season? I'm not so sure. i think his performances would have been over shadowed. Its all circumstantial. You could say well if he had better performers around him, his performances may have been even better, we'll never know. 

i hope thats made sense and i;ve got across the point I wanted to make...   

• Thanks 1