press conference for carlos the clown returning (if the swans get through)

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

His time was up, but I’d give his time with us a 7 out of 10 overall.

That couid go to a 6 or an 8 depending on how responsible he was for the woeful recruitment of the last 18 months.

No doubt injuries played a big part in his final downfall, but again it’s hard to say how much his input contributed to that.

Think that's about right. 

10 hours ago, Almat said:

But that wouldn't be timing it right, whereas most of us so-called anti-Carlos keyboard warriors wanted him gone after the Huddersfield Semi Final debacle. Like I said, you need to get over the fact that we were right and you were wrong and man up and admit it. It's something I've always brought my kids up to do but it seems not all parents adopt the same moral approach to parenting....

We're all entitled to our opinions but I cant believe any owls fan with an ounce of sense could forgive his arrogance this season.

We're in the 5th round of the FA cup, a tournament he had no respect for.

This should be about Wednesday, not the ex manager who took us from promotion hopefuls to relegation candidates.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

5 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

No it isn't.

They aren't fit.

They've said themselves they aren't fit.

Look at the weight some of them are carrying.

That's the manager's responsibility.

If you aren't fit you pick up injuries.

Why is that concept so hard for you to accept?

Yeah and we are hammering teams now aren’t we? 

No, we are drawing a lot of league games, which wasn’t satisfactory with some prior to Jos arriving. 

And, we don’t know if the injuries were down to a lack of fitness! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

So we may as well as had no manager whatsoever then?

A corner flag would have got us to 90mins of the Prem and nearly did the same againthe year after?

With all due respect, you know fv.ck all!

With all due respect you're a stupid bell top.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Yeah and we are hammering teams now aren’t we? 

No, we are drawing a lot of league games, which wasn’t satisfactory with some prior to Jos arriving. 

And, we don’t know if the injuries were down to a lack of fitness! 

In CCs last games we were losing, with a stronger squad. Not drawing , losing.

Losing at Bolton, Brum & Norwich, all who were on winless streaks.

Being held at home by Hull, Barnsley, QPR and Sunderland. All below us in the league. 

At least the new guy is picking up points against teams in he top half of the table.

We we're heading towards relegation.

This was down to a stubborn manager who couldn't admit he got things wrong.

8 hours ago, mark77 said:

The lack of respect in this thread is staggering. He took us to Wembley and two top 6th finishes.

One of the best win % ratios in club history.

Injuries have killed this season.

Anything other than a good reception for him would be disgraceful.

9F2BFC4C-F126-4C7B-9E45-FDFD1F2585C8.png

Edited by House Stark

7 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Oh dear.

You really don't know a thing about football do you.

Quite a patronising comment, to be fair. 

I shall avoid making this a competition about footballing knowledge and experience, but the facts are towards the end of CC tenure the run of results we’ve just had wouldn’t have been deemed good enough. 

We needed a change in manager as the players had lost confidence and enthusiasm , which only returns with a change of leadership. They obviously not training as hard if fitness is an issue  - yes, there is some individual responsibility there - and no self respecting manager at any level would feel that is acceptable.

You look at Swansea now, and they are benefitting from the new manager bounce . Their players had downed tools for their manager and are now giving the 100% they weren't before. Swansea under Carlos doing well doesn't mean we were wrong to get rid.

So, are we any better under the new guy? only a small amount ..I would have expected a better ' bounce' than 3 nil - nils to be honest. Maybe the players were lower than we thought and it might take longer to turn around.

At least the season is far from over, as we are looking at keeping out of a relegation fight. We are not too good to go down, nobody should make that mistake. 

Edited by Bannofan

7 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

We needed a change in manager as the players had lost confidence and enthusiasm , which only returns with a change of leadership. They obviously not training as hard if fitness is an issue  - yes, there is some individual responsibility there - and no self respecting manager at any level would feel that is acceptable.

You look at Swansea now, and they are benefitting from the new manager bounce . Their players had downed tools for their manager and are now giving the 100% they weren't before. Swansea under Carlos doing well doesn't mean we were wrong to get rid.

So, are we any better under the new guy? only a small amount ..I would have expected a better ' bounce' than 3 nil - nils to be honest. Maybe the players were lower than we thought and it might take longer to turn around.

At least the season is far from over, as we are looking at keeping out of a relegation fight. We are not too good to go down, nobody should make that mistake. 

I think actually even with the limited players we have left uninjured, due to fitness levels and confidence improving, we would be very unlikely/unlucky to go down.

Don't get why it matters that it is Carlos coming back, we wanted him gone, he went and he applied for jobs and got one. He had a good run with us and it ended with him getting sacked, like every manager ever except Fergie. 2 and a half years is a good run, lets hope Jos lasts that long. He might be coming back sooner than we thought, so what. Clap him and show some respect. I want Wednesday to win against Swansea or Notts County because I want to be in a FA Cup quarter final. Nothing to do with Carlos. I Hope Carlos does well at Swansea and I was happy they beat Liverpool and Arsenal, I just want him to lose IF he plays us.

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Don't get why it matters that it is Carlos coming back, we wanted him gone, he went and he applied for jobs and got one. He had a good run with us and it ended with him getting sacked, like every manager ever except Fergie. 2 and a half years is a good run, lets hope Jos lasts that long. He might be coming back sooner than we thought, so what. Clap him and show some respect. I want Wednesday to win against Swansea or Notts County because I want to be in a FA Cup quarter final. Nothing to do with Carlos. I Hope Carlos does well at Swansea and I was happy they beat Liverpool and Arsenal, I just want him to lose IF he plays us.

lol

Did he?

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

lol

Did he?

Yeah he was at home eating Doritos and playing Call of Duty on the Xbox and thought 'I best look for a job'. Went on indeed.co.uk and searched football manager and sent his CV to a football manager job available in Swansea and also sent it to Middlesborough. He finished his game and then the phone rang and he got his best suit out and went down for an interview. He couldn't remember his bloody national insurance number though for HR. He was a bit gutted because he had a few other games he wanted to finish on the Xbox, he had got a few from CEX after having some time on his hands. But needs must and he'll just have to wait until he gets fired again in 9 months, then he can finish Call of Duty. I think that's what happened anyway. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Doesn't deserve any booing when he comes back. Still murky about how/why he left but it was time to move on. Would prefer Notts County but think Swansea will be okay. They really need a ground extension if they stay up. Apparently had 30000 applications for Season Tickets, not much use having a 21000 capacity.