press conference for carlos the clown returning (if the swans get through)

7 hours ago, Almat said:

Difference being whilst Jos has been waiting for the players to return he's got the very best from the fringe players, something CC simply couldn't do. You have to say 0-0 away to the blunts and 0-0 at home to Cardiff looks way better than 0-3 at home to Burton! 

Carlos wasn't in charge when we lost to Burton. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The lack of respect in this thread is staggering. He took us to Wembley and two top 6th finishes.

One of the best win % ratios in club history.

Injuries have killed this season.

Anything other than a good reception for him would be disgraceful.

And what did this wonderful win % achieve 

The square root of fizz all 

Whilst I'm not happy with the job he did with us this season and our poor recruitment there's no reason to get angry over him. We got to the playoffs twice at least. Let's hope Jos gets us sorted out for next season.

2 hours ago, mark77 said:

The lack of respect in this thread is staggering. He took us to Wembley and two top 6th finishes.

One of the best win % ratios in club history.

Injuries have killed this season.

Anything other than a good reception for him would be disgraceful.

Definitely, this clown stuff is so unbelievably classless, it would be looked down on at the lane.

7 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

Because he didn't get them fit enough for Championship football.

Rubbish. Even Jos (who reportedly has got our team fitter) is struggling for results/wins. In the eyes of some, Carlos couldn’t do anything right in the end! 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Wait until he’s worked on their fitness for 12 months and they’ve all got Liam Palmer love handles lol

Ai. 

Thing is he might keep them up this season, but I wouldn't fancy his chances of lasting there too long. 

That's not just based off his past record, but also down to the recent trend at the Swans. 

Still - I don't think a crap 6 months makes him a "clown". 

3 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

So no respect for getting is to within 90mins if the Prem? From a flamin standing start?

The thread title mentions clown, at least he has a bit of class about him, unlike some of the fv.ckwits on here.

It wasn't a standing start though. Stuart Gray strapped a rocket to his back and lit the blue touch paper.

Just now, OneDavidHirst said:

It wasn't a standing start though. Stuart Gray strapped a rocket to his back and lit the blue touch paper.

That's a slight exaggeration. 

He inherited a decent spine of a side which had finished twelfth. You make it sound like he'd inherited a team already challenging for the promotion spots. 

He added some quality (due to having the finance to do so) and for two seasons running, we weren't too far off from getting promoted. 

It then hit the proverbial. 

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Rubbish. Even Jos (who reportedly has got our team fitter) is struggling for results/wins. In the eyes of some, Carlos couldn’t do anything right in the end! 

No it isn't.

They aren't fit.

They've said themselves they aren't fit.

Look at the weight some of them are carrying.

That's the manager's responsibility.

If you aren't fit you pick up injuries.

Why is that concept so hard for you to accept?

Just now, SiJ said:

Ai. 

Thing is he might keep them up this season, but I wouldn't fancy his chances of lasting there too long. 

That's not just based off his past record, but also down to the recent trend at the Swans. 

Still - I don't think a crap 6 months makes him a "clown". 

His time was up, but I’d give his time with us a 7 out of 10 overall.

That couid go to a 6 or an 8 depending on how responsible he was for the woeful recruitment of the last 18 months.

No doubt injuries played a big part in his final downfall, but again it’s hard to say how much his input contributed to that.