press conference for carlos the clown returning (if the swans get through)

3 hours ago, BrianMarwood said:

I could start calling for JL to be sacked now and then - when the inevitable happens in a couple of years - I can say how I called it right earlier than anyone else.

Let that sink in, it’s getting cold stood on the doorstep.

But that wouldn't be timing it right, whereas most of us so-called anti-Carlos keyboard warriors wanted him gone after the Huddersfield Semi Final debacle. Like I said, you need to get over the fact that we were right and you were wrong and man up and admit it. It's something I've always brought my kids up to do but it seems not all parents adopt the same moral approach to parenting....

Edited by Almat

26 minutes ago, Almat said:

But that wouldn't be timing it right, whereas most of us so-called anti-Carlos keyboard warriors wanted him gone after the Huddersfield Semi Final debacle. Like I said, you need to get over the fact that we were right and you were wrong and man up and admit it. It's something I've always brought my kids up to do but it seems not all parents adopt the same moral approach to parenting....

I wanted him gone after the complete embarrassing surrender at Wembley to Barcelona Hull City 

7 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Ron Atkinson got us relegated and he's looked on as a god by most Wednesday fans.  And he bought rubbish like Craig Shakespeare.  No manager is perfect.  

He got us relegated after Peter Useless was in charge, no real suprise there.

He also got us out of this division at the first attempt, whilst winning the League Cup so yeah God status works for him.

6 hours ago, Almat said:

We were rubbish under Carlos this season when we had very few injuries. Just let that sink in. And Jos hasn't exactly done too bad with this injury list. Drawing away at the blunts when most supporters (us and theirs) expected an absolute drubbing. Then drawing against 3rd-placed Cardiff. Contrast that with 0-3 against Burton. Should the chairman have taken the advice of you and a few other randoms on here we would have been very very near the relegation zone now (or in it!). 

Nobodies saying let’s do a fu****n lap of honour for him.

Just that we should let it go.

We had a couple of decent seasons under him. Went to Wembley, finished in play offs twice & then it reached its inevitable conclusion and he left. 

Why try & paint him as some sort of evil villain. 

Like me a few have said, concentrate on him and it will backfire, 

Show a bit of reserved respect or completely ignore him. Just don’t turn it into what could be a self defeating f****n circus!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davidioso said:

??
Which is why I gave my opinion!

Don't like hatefulness in any form.

Can't you tone it down a bit. You can still get your point across!

I don't hate the guy, he's not important enough to be hated, i really liked the guy in his first season, then he turned into Mr self important and blameless, that's where i started disliking him and sussed him as a loser. I just think he's a bertie bullshitting cockwomble

I have got my point across, in my own way, as you do in the way you perceive to be appropriate, nothing wrong with anyone's opinions mine or yours, it's how we feel, how we see things, if people don't like it then fair enough, if people are offended then they need to get a life....

Edited by steveger

8 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Those managers didn't give us our two highest finishes for 20 odd years 

Easy to say that when we were penniless for those 20 years though.

Can you imagine if carlos didnt progress on past managers after being given 40m though?

What was the biggest tranfer fee paid or wages given from from 2001 till carlos then?

8 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Ron Atkinson got us relegated and he's looked on as a god by most Wednesday fans.  And he bought rubbish like Craig Shakespeare.  No manager is perfect.  

We played some of the best football that season we went down, I remember going to Villa Park and playing Villa of the park (no pun intended there ) we lost to a late David Platt goal and  Villa was challenging for the title...that was one example of how unlucky we were thay season...not to mention the last day at home to forest whilst Derby rolled over for luton.

Atkinson brought us back even stronger and with a cup too ...just a shame he didnt stay because i really think we would have won the Leagie with him.

Thats why BFR was both King and Villain when he changed his mind after saying hed stay.

10 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Those managers didn't give us our two highest finishes for 20 odd years 

"Those managers" you are referring to if you read the thread are those that got us relegated.....so you are saying Carlos provided better finishes that Atkinson?

The lack of respect in this thread is staggering. He took us to Wembley and two top 6th finishes.

One of the best win % ratios in club history.

Injuries have killed this season.

Anything other than a good reception for him would be disgraceful.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mark77 said:

The lack of respect in this thread is staggering. He took us to Wembley and two top 6th finishes.

One of the best win % ratios in club history.

Injuries have killed this season.

Anything other than a good reception for him would be disgraceful.

Don't clap too hard mate...it might want to make him come back.lol

Ffsfx18®