Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

11 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

What tools then A12?

If its service you are trying to excuse him with then what do you say to the fact under Carlos we sent in the most crosses? 

Was you at Bolton away when he missed 3 sitters from crosses? 

You cant moan about Rhodes not being supported as he has been afforded the most support of any under performing player in the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

We even had a song..:tango:

FFS.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Good of you to give him a chance...

...47 of them and counting.

If Hooper and Forestieri were fit however, he'd have to be satisfied with being part of the competition for second striker on the bench until he proved worthy of something more illustrious.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

...47 of them and counting.

If Hooper and Forestieri were fit however, he'd have to be satisfied with being part of the competition for second striker on the bench until he proved worthy of something more illustrious.

Trips off the keyboard beautifully...when you don't have to make a decision or take responsibility in real life.... doesn't it?

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Our posts have crossed.

You asked him if he'd played up front.. didn't you?

He didn't mention watching MOTD or coaching badges... you clearly implied that you you had a clearer overview than him through ACTUALLY doing it.

You obviously haven't so your opinion carries the same weight on here as the rest of us... without the implied experience/expert knowledge.

FFS.

I played left back for our school team even though I was right footed ...

No one else would do it..

I wasn't very good .....

Just liked sharing this with the forum ...

Feel better for it ....

FullBackSakes ....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Trips off the keyboard beautifully...when you don't have to make a decision or take responsibility in real life.... doesn't it?

As opposed to what I assume is your alternative of picking him regardless and keep making excuses whilst other options (all scoring more frequently than him pro rata except for Fletcher - who did so last season) get to watch him flounder from the stands?

Trips off the keyboard beautifully... when you don't have to make a decision or take responsibility in real life.... doesn't it?

Edited by DJMortimer

7 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I played up top mate for a couple of season, one of those seasons I scored 18 in 31, which I was happy with.

I mate of mine played on the left wing, when he didn't play I didn't score, in fact I barely got a touch.

He wasn't the best player in the world but he was quick and direct, he got us up the pitch and created me a bit of space.

So what am I trying to say?

There are very few footballers in the EFL who can do it alone, they all need the players around them to do the right things too.

That does't explain some of the sitters he's missed. His shot straight at the keeper on Sat was woeful.

Nor when he neshed heading 2 peach crosses at Bolton.

Also doesn't explain why he chucks himself to the floor everytime he's challenged.

If he stayed on his feet and tried to win the ball he might get better outcomes.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

As opposed to what I assume is your alternative of picking him regardless and keep making excuses whilst other options (all scoring more frequently than him pro rata except for Fletcher) get to watch him flounder from the stands?

Trips off the keyboard beautifully... when you don't have to make a decision or take responsibility in real life.... doesn't it?

Out of interest which 2 would you play up front?

FFS.

• Like 1

As opposed to what I assume is your alternative of picking him regardless and keep making excuses whilst other options (all scoring more frequently than him pro rata except for Fletcher) get to watch him flounder from the stands?

It's just my opinion DJ...and I would never be arrogant enough to push it as fact... because I thought I knew better than everyone else on a football forum

FFS.

Guest RocketOwl

I'll ask the question again.

Name another striker in the Premier league or Championship who costs close to what Rhodes did, who only contributes in the box (when on form).

They are extinct in my mind.

Just now, Hawkowl said:

Out of interest which 2 would you play up front?

Ideally, Hooper and Forestieri. But obviously that isn't an option at the moment.

With what we have, I'd have a look at Joao and Matias in the short term. Neither has convinced particularly in the past but they've done OK recently; offering more than Rhodes. Nuhiu is a good situational option from the bench but labours from the start of games. Fletcher seems to be in decline. 

After that, you just keep monitoring them and adjusting things accordingly. If Rhodes picks up, he can elevate himself up the order again. Apart from one bad miss he didn't play too badly on Saturday, but over the long run has certainly not made a case for being anything like first choice when everyone is available.

7 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Sorry don't agree. You don't have to have played the game to see those things if you have studied the game/done coaching courses etc.

Or as one of the great managers put it when being pulled apart by the media who thought he wasn't a big enough or famous enough name...

2018-01-23 22.20.10.jpg

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Ideally, Hooper and Forestieri. But obviously that isn't an option at the moment.

With what we have, I'd have a look at Joao and Matias in the short term. Neither has convinced particularly in the past but they've done OK recently; offering more than Rhodes. Nuhiu is a good situational option from the bench but labours from the start of games. Fletcher seems to be in decline. 

After that, you just keep monitoring them and adjusting things accordingly. If Rhodes picks up, he can elevate himself up the order again. Apart from one bad miss he didn't play too badly on Saturday, but over the long run has certainly not made a case for being anything like first choice when everyone is available.

Discounting Hooper and forestieri as they are out of the equation.

So you believe bearing in mind that all of the above players have been here longer than Rhodes have all contributed more?

Goals and otherwise.

FFS.

Edited by Hawkowl

7 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

That does't explain some of the sitters he's missed. His shot straight at the keeper on Sat was woeful.

Nor when he neshed heading 2 peach crosses at Bolton.

Also doesn't explain why he chucks himself to the floor everytime he's challenged.

If he stayed on his feet and tried to win the ball he might get better outcomes.

Every striker misses chances, Lukaku, Aguero, Kane, Firmino, they miss them too.

When chances are in limited number strikers get more desperate, meaning they will sn-atch at things.

Nobody can say that SWFC have created regular scoring opportunities since we signed JR.

Many people wanted CC sacking because of our lack of creativity over the last 2 seasons, even with a fully fit squad.

Are we going to keep ignoring this just so we can keep getting on a players back?

Why have we got this need to ruin players?

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's just my opinion DJ...and I would never be arrogant enough to push it as fact... because I thought I knew better than everyone else on a football forum

FFS.

Much of my contribution to this thread has been a list of unequivocal statistics that are open to interpretation. But they are extremely damaging to the case of those supporting Rhodes who do so almost exclusively on the basis that he will get more goals than the options we already have. The facts don't bear that out so far.

Everything else is speculation, prejudice and guesswork. With some personal insults and petulance thrown in far too regularly.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Costello 77 said:

Facts..facts..facts yer boat up to the...

No it doesn't work...

FFS.

Slaughtering our players doesn't work for me either...

Are you aware this is a forum? 

Most certainly at a game every player has my support but this is the place to air major concerns. 

I will leave the Rhodes debate here tonight and I won't mention it again now. It appears plenty of others now see the concerns too so no need for me harping on every day about it anymore.

Much of my contribution to this thread has been a list of unequivocal statistics that are open to interpretation. But they are extremely damaging to the case of those supporting Rhodes who do so almost exclusively on the basis that he will get more goals than the options we already have. The facts don't bear that out so far.

Everything else is speculation, prejudice and guesswork. With some personal insults and petulance thrown in far too regularly.

Yes..you like your stats.

You also love negative posts don't you?

You see.. speculation.. prejudice and guesswork is why football forums are popular.. people love them for those reasons.

Funny how you weren't posting your "facts" in the 2015/16  16/17 seasons.

FFS.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Every striker misses chances, Lukaku, Aguero, Kane, Firmino, they miss them too.

When chances are in limited number strikers get more desperate, meaning they will sn-atch at things.

Nobody can say that SWFC have created regular scoring opportunities since we signed JR.

Many people wanted CC sacking because of our lack of creativity over the last 2 seasons, even with a fully fit squad.

Are we going to keep ignoring this just so we can keep getting on a players back?

Why have we got this need to ruin players?

I'm not getting on his back. I'm saying he doesn't deserve a place.

And are a few comments on here ruining a player? really? It's the fans fault is it?

Also those strikers you mention also score a fair few more than they miss. For us JR doesn't. And yes I've seen him have plenty of chances

playing for us.