I finally cracked....

1 hour ago, JC_owl66 said:

From the chairman side, sure mistakes have been made,  I believe more from naivety than any sinister intent .

I  think this is the thrust of it. People allowed themselves to believe that DC was a business man which he simply never was. He's clearly naive and I suspect he is actually a bit dim but his heart is in the right place and he is trying.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paddyowl said:

Absolutely bang on, welcome to Owlstalk.

More sensible level headed people are needed on here ATM, there seems to be some right tosspots clogging up the forums lately.

Oi !!, we don't clog things up, that's Neil's server. 

I’ll throw my negative comment in here as well:

Whilst I appreciate most things DC has done, the fans have not been treat with the respect they deserve. I hoped when he came in the club would be stripped back and rejuvenated into a a club that could emulate the likes of Stoke, Southampton with mid table Premiership ambitions.

Traditions of the club have been dismissed, I appreciate we use to play in solid blue, but from what I gather fans prefer and identified better with stripes. I don’t really care, I don’t buy shirts, but he should.

The badge, the old owl we have had for near 20 year was a simplistic and modern design. Most teams now are moving to more simplistic and modern badges. Brentford, Man City, West Ham for marketing and branding purposes. We’ve just sacked ours off when we had a 20 year head start.

My point is the identity of the club is being watered down, and I don’t like it. I’m all for change when it’s needed and warranted.

Id have rather seen more investment into our academy and youth, some proper money spent on the ground, similar to the World Cup plans.

Things that didn’t need changing have been changed.

Things that needed changing have been ballsed up.

I love the new pitch perimeter being tidied up and the scoreboard and new video hoardings - they should have been installed years ago

The pitch is way way better too

The money invested in the off-pitch stuff has been great to be fair

Owners dont' really want to invest in the long term anymore sadly

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, George said:

I  think this is the thrust of it. People allowed themselves to believe that DC was a business man which he simply never was. He's clearly naive and I suspect he is actually a bit dim but his heart is in the right place and he is trying.

I still think he is a shrewd business man, but business sense and the 'business' of football tend not to mix. I am sure if Milan asked Mr C to invest 60 Million in tinned salmon with no return he would tell him do one, tuna is my business son'

but when it comes to football there is more emotion involved in decisions as its about people than business of profit and loss - that's all part of the love of the game !

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, George said:

That is a puzzling statement, based on what facts? 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

That is a puzzling statement, based on what facts? 

I've only read the same press as everyone else. He inherited is money and businesses. I do not see any evidence that he has done anything over and above that. His decisions in running the club look naive at best.

4 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

Id have rather seen more investment into our academy and youth, some proper money spent on the ground, similar to the World Cup plans.

Charlton have the 6th best academy in the country and don't have it on the pitch, Huddersfield, Brentford scrapped theirs - I think in general its a problem across football that youth players don't get opportunity they need to develop from ages 17-21, its not just a problem for us. Youth academy investment is no guarantee

I think  we can't grumble with investment on and off the pitch, the stadium is a huge investment and probably will need to wait for premier league.

1 minute ago, JC_owl66 said:

Charlton have the 6th best academy in the country and don't have it on the pitch, Huddersfield, Brentford scrapped theirs - I think in general its a problem across football that youth players don't get opportunity they need to develop from ages 17-21, its not just a problem for us. Youth academy investment is no guarantee

I think  we can't grumble with investment on and off the pitch, the stadium is a huge investment and probably will need to wait for premier league.

With sell on clauses and how bigger teams pay big bucks for the next best thing it’s a revenue stream we should be investing in.

Its Charltons choice what they do with decent prospects, they recently got £11 million for Lookman.

im not grumbling at how much has been invested, just where it’s been spent.

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, George said:

I've only read the same press as everyone else. He inherited is money and businesses. I do not see any evidence that he has done anything over and above that. His decisions in running the club look naive at best.

I have had business dealings with the club and believe me he is a very shrewd operator. With quality, service and price (in that order) taken into consideration. 

On the playing side, I can only assume he has had some bad advice regarding some of the players. 

I don't think anyone has doubted Chansiri's honest intentions, he's clearly a man who has invested not only a lot of money into the club, but time and passion in order to leave a real legacy in place when he hands the reigns to Att. 

But i'm now at the point where I no longer think he's fit or competent to run the club.

It's not the fact that he has wasted copious amounts of money - he has, and to the point that there are real concerns regarding FFP and more importantly our club finances generally - it is the fact that he has made so many bad mistakes and decisions over three years without learning from them 

The last straw was the appointment of Katrien Meire. To search high and low for the right CEO and then appoint her says to me that he isn't going to change. 

I hope i'm wrong, and I've hoped it worked for him, but it hasn't, and I don't think it will. 

No hatred, no agenda, and nothing personal - I just think we'd be better off without him. 

Edited by KivoOwl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Better off without would mean him selling. No guarantee as to who to. I prefer the man we have and the knowledge that he will learn from mistakes and play the long game. That’s far more preferable to what we could end up with.

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I don't think anyone has doubted Chansiri's honest intentions, he's clearly a man who has invested not only a lot of money into the club, but time and passion in order to leave a real legacy in place when he hands the reigns to Att. 

But i'm now at the point where I no longer think he's fit or competent to run the club.

It's not the fact that he has wasted copious amounts of money - he has, and to the point that there are real concerns regarding FFP and more importantly our club finances generally - it is the fact that he has made so many bad mistakes and decisions over three years without learning from them 

The last straw was the appointment of Katrien Meire. To search high and low for the right CEO and then appoint her says to me that he isn't going to change. 

I hope i'm wrong, and I've hoped it worked for him, but it hasn't, and I don't think it will. 

No hatred, no agenda, and nothing personal - I just think we'd be better off without him. 

If hes even into us for lets say 80m who is going to pay that for us seriously 

If were better off without him whats plan B 

This really is a case of be careful what you wish for 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

:luhukay::CEO::Chansiri:lol:carlos:

Don't forget now that you've joined you have full use of the emoticon/smilie things.

Enjoy

I've been asking how to do them for three years and only just got told and this guy walks in spelling things reyt and gets keys t' city.....I'm off :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1