I finally cracked....

After enjoying Owlstalk for a long time for the insight on club goings on, transfer speculation, matchday banter ... but then seen it taken over by trolls, doomsday merchants and Megson cult followers I couldn't keep off and finally signed up so i can throw in my 2'penneth.

I have supported the owls from wilko's days , i have seen dark days of relegation -to the highs of promotion and league cup wins - to the lows of league one and winding up orders, back to stability from Mandaric and investment from Chansiri.

Aside from the halcyon days of the 90's with Sheridan, Hirst, Waddle et al, I would say the last 3-4 years under Mandaric/Chansari and managers of Gray and then Carlos have been the best.

I just don't get all this negativity against a Chairman who has come in and really invested in the club. I think Mandaric really did understand and 'get' football and whats its all about. He did really well selling that concept to an investor like Chansiri who has came in with a lot of excitement and backed it up with investment on and off the pitch - we only have to cast our mind back to watching hoof ball on worst pitch in the league with Megson to see the improvement.

On the management side, i am not sad to see Carlos go this year, i still think he is a chancer who never knew his best side or how to  adapt to play them  I don't know who was controlling the input signing of players, if this was overseen solely by Doyen, but i think that was huge mistake in Chansari early days to sanction the loan or signatures of so many peripheral/unproven/injured players - and not even play half of them... just baffling and almost criminal waste of money. 

From the chairman side, sure mistakes have been made,  I believe more from naivety than any sinister intent . I am sure he is learning now that he has to be more savvy and the addition of a CEO should help manage the club from that respect, on the pitch - hopefully sorted soon

- but I am sure that waves of negativity on social media don't help, I am bewildered someone ask refunds on season ticket ..., I would encourage everyone to take a quick reality check before hammering a chairman who has invested so much in the club for zero return. I am not saying we have to accept everything but just take a look at other teams right now who are struggling to find buyers and investors (Newcastle..), or those that have tried and failed and gone again (like Wolves).. or just gone downwards (Brum, Sunderland..)

Football is a rollercoaster, lets enjoy it and be happy we have a Chairman who is investing in us with a great squad - probably the best for 20 years.

When we start to get them back on the pitch, with a decent football manager I am sure we will return back to being a stable Championship club with 'lofty' ambitions - UTO !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JC_owl66 said:

After enjoying Owlstalk for a long time for the insight on club goings on, transfer speculation, matchday banter ... but then seen it taken over by trolls, doomsday merchants and Megson cult followers I couldn't keep off and finally signed up so i can throw in my 2'penneth.

I have supported the owls from wilko's days , i have seen dark days of relegation -to the highs of promotion and league cup wins - to the lows of league one and winding up orders, back to stability from Mandaric and investment from Chansiri.

Aside from the halcyon days of the 90's with Sheridan, Hirst, Waddle et al, I would say the last 3-4 years under Mandaric/Chansari and managers of Gray and then Carlos have been the best.

I just don't get all this negativity against a Chairman who has come in and really invested in the club. I think Mandaric really did understand and 'get' football and whats its all about. He did really well selling that concept to an investor like Chansiri who has came in with a lot of excitement and backed it up with investment on and off the pitch - we only have to cast our mind back to watching hoof ball on worst pitch in the league with Megson to see the improvement.

On the management side, i am not sad to see Carlos go this year, i still think he is a chancer who never knew his best side or how to  adapt to play them  I don't know who was controlling the input signing of players, if this was overseen solely by Doyen, but i think that was huge mistake in Chansari early days to sanction the loan or signatures of so many peripheral/unproven/injured players - and not even play half of them... just baffling and almost criminal waste of money. 

From the chairman side, sure mistakes have been made,  I believe more from naivety than any sinister intent . I am sure he is learning now that he has to be more savvy and the addition of a CEO should help manage the club from that respect, on the pitch - hopefully sorted soon

- but I am sure that waves of negativity on social media don't help, I am bewildered someone ask refunds on season ticket ..., I would encourage everyone to take a quick reality check before hammering a chairman who has invested so much in the club for zero return. I am not saying we have to accept everything but just take a look at other teams right now who are struggling to find buyers and investors (Newcastle..), or those that have tried and failed and gone again (like Wolves).. or just gone downwards (Brum, Sunderland..)

Football is a rollercoaster, lets enjoy it and be happy we have a Chairman who is investing in us with a great squad - probably the best for 20 years.

When we start to get them back on the pitch, with a decent football manager I am sure we will return back to being a stable Championship club with 'lofty' ambitions - UTO !

Welcome aboard

That's a pretty common sense post for Owlstalk

Not sure you're gonna fit in

lol

Only joking - thanks for signing up and talking to the masses

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

After enjoying Owlstalk for a long time for the insight on club goings on, transfer speculation, matchday banter ... but then seen it taken over by trolls, doomsday merchants and Megson cult followers

Right then...

Who's going to own  up to being THESE people?

Show of hands please...

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

Good post, great start, love the proper application of paragraphs.

• Haha 2

Guest Bulgaria
9 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

Good well thought out comments, much better than your last ones made after the Middlesborough match just hours after your coach jumped ship.lol

Edited by Bulgaria

6 minutes ago, JC_owl66 said:

:luhukay::CEO::Chansiri:lol:carlos:

Don't forget now that you've joined you have full use of the emoticon/smilie things.

Enjoy

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Good post, great start, love the proper application of paragraphs.

Bang on

So many people have posted lengthy posts this last few weeks and all in massive chunks with no thought for the return key/enter button

Glad you spotted this as it's annoyed me

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I did elude to wanting the ginger warrior. Still do. :ph34r:

2 things  on Megson -

Keith Hill comment after the Rochdale game that Megson tactics made Stoke look like Barcelona....

secondly, my sons first game was owls vs Leyton Orient and he commented 'Daddy I didn't know you had to head the ball so much to be a footballer' 

nuff said

Just now, JC_owl66 said:

2 things  on Megson -

Keith Hill comment after the Rochdale game that Megson tactics made Stoke look like Barcelona....

secondly, my sons first game was owls vs Leyton Orient and he commented 'Daddy I didn't know you had to head the ball so much to be a footballer' 

nuff said

I like you already

lol

Owlstalk Shop