MR FARRELL,BLUE AND WHITE, BLUEY9, BRADDO

Guest We Shall Overcome

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Seriously though. . . 

I'm so glad that a few malcontents have ultimately been proven right and our team is absolute sh*t. 

Well done to them. 

Those who wanted Carlos sacked after Wembley or during our run to the playoffs last season haven't been proven right - he didn't deserve to be sacked then. He does now.

If I start saying our next manager deserves to be sacked before he's even been appointed, the majority will most likely come around to my way of thinking eventually; it doesn't mean I'll be right to hold that opinion as we charge to promotion and Champions League qualification before the inevitable decline sets in a few years further down the line, though.

:duntmatter:

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

he didn't deserve to be sacked then. He does now.

I hesitated at the end of last season purely because I thought he could revert to the previous year’s CC. Sadly I was wrong. I think people who wanted him sacking after the Huddersfield debacle have been proved right. 

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Must admit, I'm mentally scarred and have been receiving counselling.

Maxine has been helping a lot, but it's been a tough 14 years for me on Owlstalk.

I've always been team Farrell. 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I hesitated at the end of last season purely because I thought he could revert to the previous year’s CC. Sadly I was wrong. I think people who wanted him sacking after the Huddersfield debacle have been proved right. 

Those who thought he should have gone after the Huddersfield games, yes. Those who wanted him sacked after Wembley or during our run to fourth in the league? Not so much.

Incidentally, as angry as I was after that penalty shootout, I shared your optimism for this season and thought we might strike a balance between the two approaches seen to that point. It seems a new voice was needed to rally the squad after two near misses, though.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Those who thought he should have gone after the Huddersfield games, yes. Those who wanted him sacked after Wembley or during our run to fourth in the league? Not so much.

Definitely not after the play off final - but after last season?

I'd say with the backing he had and the incredible amount of players at his disposal i'd say that not getting promoted - or the very least to the final and it's comparative riches then he failed

• Like 1

Guest Copthorneowl

Finishing fourth last year winning 6 out of 7 and it would have been 7 had we not played 10 reserves against Fulham I think entitled him to stay even though the Hudds game at Hillsborough might have been a pointer which I will readily admit I certainly missed towards him going.

its a shame he didn't walk as this would have allowed him a positive and lasting goodwill legacy.

For my part I will readily admit I stood by him too long however what changed my mind in the last two/three games was not as much the dire football but Carlos's complete denial of what actually took place and his smokescreen excuses they really turned me into an outer. As a decent bloke I hope he can go without all the nasty chanting so unnecessary imo.

10 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Finishing fourth last year winning 6 out of 7 and it would have been 7 had we not played 10 reserves against Fulham I think entitled him to stay even though the Hudds game at Hillsborough might have been a pointer which I will readily admit I certainly missed towards him going.

its a shame he didn't walk as this would have allowed him a positive and lasting goodwill legacy.

For my part I will readily admit I stood by him too long however what changed my mind in the last two/three games was not as much the dire football but Carlos's complete denial of what actually took place and his smokescreen excuses they really turned me into an outer. As a decent bloke I hope he can go without all the nasty chanting so unnecessary imo.

I agree with this 100%

It concerns me the lack of noise coming from the chairman.

He must know that even the most loyal Carlos supporters have given up on him.

Be nice to think that the silence is because a replacement is already in the pipeline. That's the most positive thing I can think of at the moment.