Stupid Sky Commentary

8 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bill Leslie (I think that’s his name) really made me spit my beer last night with this pearler......

”Kieran Westwood - renowned in the Championship for his quick distribution”

Yes he really said that!

lol

missed that, must have been gulping my beer, we really make me sup too much

22 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bill Leslie (I think that’s his name) really made me spit my beer last night with this pearler......

Yes he really said that!

lol

Did you not hear "Wednesday like to start fast " pearler?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Yes he really said that!

lol

Hi snerkle , you been on holiday lol . Good to see you back mate.

• Haha 2

What got me going last night with the sky commentary was the way they went on about the Loovens tackle, yes it was bad but the way they went on and showed endless replays really peed me off. I was thinking that it was a good job that the ref wasn't miked up to the commentators otherwise he would have been off. Then when Mcgoldrick (sic) went off at half time due to a deep gash to the groin, again they went on about the tackle. Amazing how he managed a full half and showed no discomfort from "the deep gash". If the "gash" was so bad where was the blood on the shorts in the first half? 

2 minutes ago, gableratchet said:

What got me going last night with the sky commentary was the way they went on about the Loovens tackle, yes it was bad but the way they went on and showed endless replays really peed me off. I was thinking that it was a good job that the ref wasn't miked up to the commentators otherwise he would have been off. Then when Mcgoldrick (sic) went off at half time due to a deep gash to the groin, again they went on about the tackle. Amazing how he managed a full half and showed no discomfort from "the deep gash". If the "gash" was so bad where was the blood on the shorts in the first half? 

dont think they had much better to talk about, wasnt a bad tackle, Loovens is just so slow, all a bit sad really

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
14 minutes ago, gableratchet said:

are you sure he was not referring to our style of play being "gash"

14 minutes ago, gableratchet said:

Horrendous tackle tho pal. Red card without a doubt. In defence of McGoldrick he probably ‘stiffened up’ (ahem!) during the interval.

Bit that made me laugh was when he said that we were perhaps a bit over-ambitious to expect a challenge for the top two...

Now that would stand up if it wasn't for the fact that currently Cardiff and Dem Blades (two teams assembled for a fraction of what ours has been) are currently challenging for automatic. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Yes he really said that!

lol

I was exactly the same pal, also heard the pearler that Rhodes likes to play on the defenders shoulder to use his pace to get in behind the opposition.:tango:

• Haha 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

I was exactly the same pal, also heard the pearler that Rhodes likes to play on the defenders shoulder to use his pace to get in behind the opposition.:tango:

I reckon someone must’ve bribed him to say stuff like that... “Hey Bill, I’ll bet you a tenner that you can’t say ***** on air and not p1ss yourself laughing!”

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, clud17 said:

There was no end of guff in the commentary last night. At one point they started to talk about how Carlos loved the tactical siode of the game and was a master at it. This was after about 60 minutes of not knowing how to break them down.

Football commentary/journalism really is the easiest job in the world. Just throw in a load of old cliches and watch the money roll in. If Andy Townsend, Glenn Hoddle, David Pleat, Michael Owen and even Peter Beagrie can do it anybody can.

Radio commentary can be even worse with clowns like Porky Parry, Goughie and Adrian Durham and even Andy Giddings. Give me strength.

Edited by full fathom five