It won’t get better until..

4 hours ago, ka58 said:

Stop worrying about united.

It’s not worrying about them , it’s showing , like Huddersfield last season, what can be acheived with a decent manager . Their fans aren’t even being ripped off in the process .

the only way the chairman will get into the real world and see what’s in front of him is if fans don’t renew their season tickets. I won’t be whilst Carlos remains in charge, and I’m getting the impression I wont be the only one .

we have obviously been far worse but the fact of the matter is we are underperforming big time and the same gutless , boring tripe is churned out week after week. 

9 hours ago, ka58 said:

You wouldn’t get £10m for rhodes or £5m for reach. 

Probably struggle for £5m for Lee or Bannan - maybe for hooper but not sure.

Figures for Rhodes n reach are factual sums of money paid.

I will revise the sum...we had somewhere in the region of £40m in the squad, we should be able to create chances and score goals!!

20 hours ago, ka58 said:

I’m not saying you have to be happy about it - I’m saying you don’t have to see it as the end of the world.

only 2 teams have beaten them all season - and because we didn’t yesterday - it’s being used as an indicator that we aren’t up to it.

I think we’ll make the play-offs.

If we do do you think we can get through this time, as in third time lucky?? Or do you think we'll bottle it again?? Just a question bud not having a go? 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If we do do you think we can get through this time, as in third time lucky?? Or do you think we'll bottle it again?? Just a question bud not having a go? 

I don’t see why not.

and if we don’t I think there is a fair argument for a change in the summer.

On 18/11/2017 at 23:47, owls maniac said:

The fans actually start chanting Carlos out. At the moment DC still thinks the fans are behind his man. He won’t make a change until he thinks the fans are turning on him. Sadly it seems a large number of our support either back him or aren’t arsed either way. Apathy reigns. 

You start it off, I'll happily join in.

6 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I've made my decision and will continue to make a stand on that. Carlos will get us into the play offs.......... and once again fail. He's capable of that with this team, but not good enough to finish the job. 

I said when the season started that we'd finish 8th.

Now I think we'll be lucky to finish in the top half.

3 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

You start it off, I'll happily join in.

IF we go into the match at Bramall Lane like we did the match at Hillsborough against the pigs (and the majority of other matches this season) where when our players get out onto the pitch they look like they've just climbed out of bed, there will be PLENTY of fans ready to start the chanting.

I have a very bad feeling we could be on the wrong end of a bit of a hammering IF that is the case and that reallhy will be the final straw for a lot of fans.

Personally I'd sooner see him long gone by the time we play the pigs again.

Its this kind of moronic thinking that makes players think twice about staying/moving to our football club.

The 'new age' football fan are idiots and cant accept that you wont win every game and sometimes, a team that sits in 4th in the table might actually come to Hillsborough and get something. 

There's a lot of deluded clowns out there that are costing the club. It a no win for you. You go to the game and dont support the team yet you moan afterwards about how poor we were and yet you refuse to create a positive atmosphere for the players to perform in. I'm sorry but you, and you know who you are, are the problem!! 

Edited by ramone

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

Its this kind of moronic thinking that makes players think twice about staying/moving to our football club.

The 'new age' football fan are idiots and cant accept that you wont win every game and sometimes, a team that sits in 4th in the table might actually come to Hillsborough and get something. 

There's a lot of deluded clowns out there that are costing the club. It a no win for you. You go to the game and dont support the team yet you moan afterwards about how poor we were and yet you refuse to create a positive atmosphere for the players to perform in. I'm sorry but you, and you know who you are, are the problem!!

I'm all for creating a positive atmosphere, Ramone.

But it's a two way street.

There has to be something to applaud. Something to cheer.

image.png.aa0b165d15b24354d426de30352bdf1c.png

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm all for creating a positive atmosphere, Ramone.

But it's a two way street.

There has to be something to applaud. Something to cheer.

image.png.aa0b165d15b24354d426de30352bdf1c.png

But how does that work at the start of a game for example...? Do they need to put on a rousing warm up for the fans to get going from teh first minute. I'm sure that, if the fans made some noise in the first 10 it would inspire the players and we'd see a performance. Instead, what do they get subjected to in the first 10 minutes...? Yep, SILENCE. That would bore me after a while and i'd think about going to play somewhere where the fans made the most of paying their money to go and watch the football. 

I guarantee that, if we fail to reach promotion this season, you'll see an exodus of our better players from Hillsborough. I'm a fan and I wouldn't want to play for Wednesday at the moment.

1 minute ago, ramone said:

But how does that work at the start of a game for example...? Do they need to put on a rousing warm up for the fans to get going from teh first minute. I'm sure that, if the fans made some noise in the first 10 it would inspire the players and we'd see a performance. Instead, what do they get subjected to in the first 10 minutes...? Yep, SILENCE. That would bore me after a while and i'd think about going to play somewhere where the fans made the most of paying their money to go and watch the football. 

I guarantee that, if we fail to reach promotion this season, you'll see an exodus of our better players from Hillsborough. I'm a fan and I wouldn't want to play for Wednesday at the moment.

I guarntee that the lads we're paying Premier League wages to in the twighlights of their careers will be staying right here.

I'm not saying they're mercenaries, by the way. Just saying that players would play in front of one man and his dog. They all have mortgages to pay.

There's no (or very few players) going to leave here for less money to play infront of a more enthusiastic crowd.

If that were the case then Jones and Boyd would never have left Burnley.

There's always a decent noise before kick off.

But as soon as the first moved end up at our back four there will always come the silence. The knowing silence.

Because it's a familiar pattern.

Ok years back the fans might have made more noise full stop.

But then it was only ten bob to get in and all the noisy poor people could stand in one spot.

People thinking it’s not winning every game that’s the problem.. it’s the cautious style of play that’s getting us nowhere (0 zero shots on target) and being 12 points off the top two in November that’s the biggest problem for me. 

I respect Bristol City for what they are doing, but seeing as we’ve spent about £30m more on players/wages in the last 2 years I would expect us to be the better side in the game. There’s a difference between getting an unlucky draw because you’ve played well. And getting a bore draw where you’ve not done anything to deserve to win the game 

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Utter drivel. The performances at home for the last 18 months have been terrible- what is their to get raucous about? And I think we all accept that teams will make it difficult for us, what we don’t accept is that we will go 90 mins at home without even testing the keeper. 

People like you who accept mediocre dross are the problem mate. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

Utter drivel. The performances at home for the last 18 months have been terrible- what is their to get raucous about? And I think we all accept that teams will make it difficult for us, what we don’t accept is that we will go 90 mins at home without even testing the keeper. 

People like you who accept mediocre dross are the problem mate. 

Incorrect

Its people like me, who support the club, that are keeping it going and keeping it sane.

If you want to be miserable all the time then thats your problem and i feel very very sorry for you. 

Just now, ramone said:

Incorrect

Its people like me, who support the club, that are keeping it going and keeping it sane.

If you want to be miserable all the time then thats your problem and i feel very very sorry for you. 

If you want to accept that kind of football then by all means go ahead. Myself and many others actually want to see us go to win games and fulfill some of the squads potential. And before having a pop at our fan base, which has been extremely patient in my view, please tell me which mythical club applauds and supports drab football unconditionally? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

If you want to accept that kind of football then by all means go ahead. Myself and many others actually want to see us go to win games and fulfill some of the squads potential. And before having a pop at our fan base, which has been extremely patient in my view, please tell me which mythical club applauds and supports drab football unconditionally? 

You quite clearly cant fathom what i'm saying so its best to leave it there... 

3 minutes ago, ramone said:

You quite clearly cant fathom what i'm saying so its best to leave it there... 

You’re saying the fans don’t create a positive environment. I would argue we’re no different to any other club in the country. No set of fans would be fired up watching that tedious dross. The atmosphere at the start of the Derby was superb- what happened? The team didn’t turn up.