It won’t get better until..

19 hours ago, owls maniac said:

The fans actually start chanting Carlos out. At the moment DC still thinks the fans are behind his man. He won’t make a change until he thinks the fans are turning on him. Sadly it seems a large number of our support either back him or aren’t arsed either way. Apathy reigns. 

Great post 

19 hours ago, owls maniac said:

The fans actually start chanting Carlos out. At the moment DC still thinks the fans are behind his man. He won’t make a change until he thinks the fans are turning on him. Sadly it seems a large number of our support either back him or aren’t arsed either way. Apathy reigns. 

Apathy seems to be the biggest killer among football fans these days and not just at s6. WTF:

42 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rhodes

hooper

joao

fletcher

reach 

bannan

wallace

lee

butterfield

all of the above featured in the game...9 players that could quite easily fetch in the region of £50m 

No chance mate. 

13 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rhodes was £10m and Reach was £5m and massively improved. You wouldn’t be happy if bannan, Lee or hooper were sold for less than £5m each...there is £30m there just based on rick bottom market value. 

You wouldn’t get £10m for rhodes or £5m for reach. 

Probably struggle for £5m for Lee or Bannan - maybe for hooper but not sure.

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rhodes

hooper

joao

fletcher

reach 

bannan

wallace

lee

butterfield

all of the above featured in the game...9 players that could quite easily fetch in the region of £50m 

We would be lucky to find a taker for Joao ,and Wallace wouldnt command a transfer fee . 

16 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We would be lucky to find a taker for Joao ,and Wallace wouldnt command a transfer fee . 

Or fletcher - and butterfield isn’t ours.

Edited by ka58

11 hours ago, ka58 said:

I’m not saying you have to be happy about it - I’m saying you don’t have to see it as the end of the world.

only 2 teams have beaten them all season - and because we didn’t yesterday - it’s being used as an indicator that we aren’t up to it.

I think we’ll make the play-offs.

I think yesterday has to be put into the context of the season so far, though.

If the Blades had drawn that game yesterday, it would have been in the context of a very good season so far.

Carlos' time was the semis against Huddersfield (rather than the final against Hull, where I always thought we'd lose if Hull turned up).

That was his window of opportunity, make or break.

Lose, and what is happening was always likely to happen.

It's extremely difficult for any manager to get a side up for promotion after two consecutive play-off defeats, unless the playing staff can be significantly changed.

I'm not convinced we'll make the play-offs, and even if we do I doubt we'll win them.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If the Blades had drawn that game yesterday, it would have been in the context of a very good season so far.

Carlos' time was the semis against Huddersfield (rather than the final against Hull, where I always thought we'd lose if Hull turned up).

It's extremely difficult for any manager to get a side up for promotion after two consecutive play-off defeats, unless the playing staff can be significantly changed.

I'm not convinced we'll make the play-offs, and even if we do I doubt we'll win them.

Absolutely 100% spot on there.

16 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Consistency is the key and unfortunately we are way off. For every 1 good performance, we have 3 bad ones to follow it.

Anybody can try put a positive spin on yesterday but the fact is we should be putting teams like them away, especially at home. For me a strong home campaign is the making of a promotion team. That's why, and as sickly as it makes me feel, the pig's will be up there come may, simply because they've turned Bramall Stain into a fortress. They intimidate visiting teams with high pressing football, we can't even muster a shot on target.

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Consistency is the key and unfortunately we are way off. For every 1 good performance, we have 3 bad ones to follow it.

Anybody can try put a positive spin on yesterday but the fact is we should be putting teams like them away, especially at home. For me a strong home campaign is the making of a promotion team. That's why, and as sickly as it makes me feel, the pig's will be up there come may, simply because they've turned Bramall Stain into a fortress. They intimidate visiting teams with high pressing football, we can't even muster a shot on target.

Spot on, encapsulating all our problems

10 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I look at it a bit differently.

i always just go back over last 4 games and see how many points we have got.

ave 2 we’re doing great. Ave 1.5 and were doing good. We’ve got 8 from last 4 so if we maintain that we’ll be fine.

beat Ipswich on Wednesday and we’ll be doing superb.

We have been inconsistent early in the season I don’t disagree.

However - You can’t win em all folks.

5 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I look at it a bit differently.

i always just go back over last 4 games and see how many points we have got.

ave 2 we’re doing great. Ave 1.5 and were doing good. We’ve got 8 from last 4 so if we maintain that we’ll be fine.

beat Ipswich on Wednesday and we’ll be doing superb.

We have been inconsistent early in the season I don’t disagree.

However - You can’t win em all folks.

SO you are saying you don't look at the bigger picture?

You are happy with a few results ago but not fussed about our insipid performance against Huddersfield in the play offs which was probably our best chance at promotion and seeing us fail miserably time and time again this season.

Promotion chasing teams do not draw or lose to teams like Birmingham, Burton, Bolton, Sheff U, Sunderland, Bristol, Barnsley,Preston, QPR etc .. we've had some horrid results and the more results we lose and draw against dud teams or struggling teams, it leaves us less room for failure further down the line and makes it more harder for us

i think we are .. well most of us are resigning ourselves to championship football against next season if Carlos is at the helm all of this season

I think it's going to be the worst sort of season as regards the club progressing. We'll always be within touching distance of the playoffs always producing the odd exceptional performance that shows what we can do but we won't actually improve. While ever we are thereabouts we will plod on picking loovens instead of bringing on and improving van aken, swapping our midfield around without addressing our lack of physical presence and goals still having Wallace as a starter because we don't trust the alternatives and having a host of strikers but no clue who are the best partnerships and no one who offers anything radically different like an effective big man 

we won't try a different system or consider a squad overall because we're in with a chance, we'd be better having a outright poor season that may force the change we need rather than it looking like we're not far off 

12 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

SO you are saying you don't look at the bigger picture?

You are happy with a few results ago but not fussed about our insipid performance against Huddersfield in the play offs which was probably our best chance at promotion and seeing us fail miserably time and time again this season.

Promotion chasing teams do not draw or lose to teams like Birmingham, Burton, Bolton, Sheff U, Sunderland, Bristol, Barnsley,Preston, QPR etc .. we've had some horrid results and the more results we lose and draw against dud teams or struggling teams, it leaves us less room for failure further down the line and makes it more harder for us

i think we are .. well most of us are resigning ourselves to championship football against next season if Carlos is at the helm all of this season

I just look at the league table youth.

Were not doing that bad - were within 2 points of boro, Leeds and derby who are all probably saying same as fans on here about should be doing better etc.

We’re on a decent run of form aswell.

i agree we’ve had some bad results against lower teams but we’ve had some good ones against the better sides. I’d be more worried if it was the other way round.

Edited by ka58

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

Were not doing that bad - were within 2 points of boro, Leeds and derby who are all probably saying same as fans on here about should be doing better etc.

i agree we’ve had some bad results against lower teams but we’ve had some good ones against the better sides. I’d be more worried if it was the other way round.

I'm just generally worried .. well not sure if worried anymore more frustrated and resigned to finishing mid table ...

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Do u even bother going to the games then... personally I like to go and watch football... 

10 hours ago, owls maniac said:

He’s also a huge egotist who likes to feel loved. If he feels public opinion is turning he will do what is required imo. The whole set up stinks at the moment. Conflicts of interest and incompetence. 

Well,we'll soon find out what sort of Businessman DC is if the Club starts hitting the buffers within the next 18 months if we don't make the promised land.That's when it will all come back to bite DC on the proverbal.:columbo:

• Like 1

I couldn’t personally sit there and call for the blokes head...but it’s so obvious we need a change. 

Only way I see it happening is if our form fell off a cliff again or at the end of the season when we inevitably finish about 10th.