It won’t get better until..

12 hours ago, briggowl said:

Trouble is I believe DC when he says he won't sack CC. Chanting CC out would create a toxic environment whereby any half chance we have this season will be gone IMO.

Think we're stuck with CC, like it or not and it won't change until DC realises that 5/6000 season ticket holders have had enough IMO

If it gets to that stage the blame for the toxic environment will lie solely at DC's door. Any half chance this season is despite Carlos not because of him. 1 in about 8 as far as half decent performances go equals no chance to me. This isn't a blip, it'

12 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I just look at the league table youth.

Were not doing that bad - were within 2 points of boro, Leeds and derby who are all probably saying same as fans on here about should be doing better etc.

We’re on a decent run of form aswell.

i agree we’ve had some bad results against lower teams but we’ve had some good ones against the better sides. I’d be more worried if it was the other way round.

We have a poor record against Ipswich under MM, and the Blades have a winnable game at home. We could find ourselves on Tuesday night 15 points behind them.

That means that the Blades would be averaging almost a point a game more than us, with Little Willy and Clarke up front while we boast the likes of Rhodes and Hooper.

Carlos has a squad assembled at a cost of £62 million - with wages to match. Tufty's side was pieced together for £12 million, with players on a relative pittance.

It's like watching a Ferrari outpaced by a Robin Reliant.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

We have a poor record against Ipswich under MM, and the Blades have a winnable game at home. We could find ourselves on Tuesday night 15 points behind them.

That means that the Blades would be averaging almost a point a game more than us, with Little Willy and Clarke up front while we boast the likes of Rhodes and Hooper.

Carlos has a squad assembled at a cost of £62 million - with wages to match. Tufty's side was pieced together for £12 million, with players on a relative pittance.

The driver is the key ingredient

12 hours ago, briggowl said:

Trouble is I believe DC when he says he won't sack CC. Chanting CC out would create a toxic environment whereby any half chance we have this season will be gone IMO.

Think we're stuck with CC, like it or not and it won't change until DC realises that 5/6000 season ticket holders have had enough IMO

If it gets to that stage, the blame for the toxic environment will lie solely at DC's door. Any half chance this season is despite CC not because of him, like last season and the season before. A monkey would have the same impact on our squad, albeit less charmingly.

1 in 8 matches we put in a half decent performance and that equals no chance this season in my book. This isn't a blip, it has been going on for over a year and it only ends one way, get on with it.

24 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

Do u even bother going to the games then... personally I like to go and watch football... 

I saw a great game of football and performance 2 weeks ago at villa - yesterday Was a poor game.

4 points from 2 top 6 sides though so im happy enough.

12 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Stop worrying about united.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

We can't really afford to, because (incredible though it seemed in August) they are going for promotion.

I was going to say that if we don't make a managerial change soon then we're bramalled (force of habit), but that expression doesn't really have any validity now, does it?

3 minutes ago, debram said:

But who should drive this beautiful machine, that's the problem, someone capable of getting the best out of it

If Carlos were to go, it's unlikely we'd get anyone as good as Wilder.

But any standard Championship manager would get more out of this squad than the incumbent.

The main thing is that it's a change.

New tactics and a line drawn under the disappointments of the past.

A feel-good factor for fans and players alike.

23 hours ago, owls maniac said:

The fans actually start chanting Carlos out. At the moment DC still thinks the fans are behind his man. He won’t make a change until he thinks the fans are turning on him. Sadly it seems a large number of our support either back him or aren’t arsed either way. Apathy reigns. 

what would happen if the fans actually supported the manager?

most of us do

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

the chairman hasn’t a clue about the sport of football 

Judging by what I've read on Owlstalk neither do a lot of our fans, what most Owls I've ever known DO have a clue about however is following the Owls & being a Wednesday fan, they have a clue about how much it hurts when we lose, what it costs to support the club year on year etc etc, what most of us don't have a clue about is how to run, manage, coach players etc at a club the size of Wednesday, so when we have bad spells/seasons/games it's a case of whoever doesn't have a clue about football/tactics/style of play etc etc etc etc.....when we're winning games it seem no one gives a flying about who has a clue about anything...it is as they say, a results based business.

8 minutes ago, qantas said:

Judging by what I've read on Owlstalk neither do a lot of our fans, what most Owls I've ever known DO have a clue about however is following the Owls & being a Wednesday fan, they have a clue about how much it hurts when we lose, what it costs to support the club year on year etc etc, what most of us don't have a clue about is how to run, manage, coach players etc at a club the size of Wednesday, so when we have bad spells/seasons/games it's a case of whoever doesn't have a clue about football/tactics/style of play etc etc etc etc.....when we're winning games it seem no one gives a flying about who has a clue about anything...it is as they say, a results based business.

Spot on that.

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

That is the crux of it, that’s why so many are pi55ed off. The excuses that are trotted out are just a smokescreen because they won’t admit it.

To hear some “fans” moaning about it as the worst season ever is downright drama queen-esque and they need to get a grip.

1 hour ago, qantas said:

Fair points, Oz, but I don't think it's just about whether Carlos is a good/bad manager.

For what it's worth, I don't think Carlos is a bad manager, it's just that I think his time has been and gone.

If a manager - any manager - loses two consecutive play-offs then it's extremely difficult to raise a team for a third assault on promotion.

To avoid a hangover there needs to be change.

We can't significantly change the playing staff, so it's the manager who has to go.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

That is the crux of it, that’s why so many are pi55ed off. The excuses that are trotted out are just a smokescreen because they won’t admit it.

To hear some “fans” moaning about it as the worst season ever is downright drama queen-esque and they need to get a grip.

I think you're right to an extent, BR.

We have the 7th costliest team in this league, compared to United who are ranked 23rd.

We also have higher ticket prices than them.

It's inevitable that comparisons between the two managers will be made.

United's success is undoubtedly making the situation worse, but leaving the Blades out of it I still think we should be doing better with the players we have.

You rolled your eyes at an earlier post of mine, but we wouldn't get a replacement for Carlos as good as Tufty.

What's happening at the Lane is phenomenal, and there are 22 other clubs in this league who don't possess a manager as good as him, not just us.

On 19/11/2017 at 00:50, ka58 said:

Why do people want to hound him out this week - no one did 2 weeks ago?

I’ve been a Carlos out advocate since the Play Offs last year, you’ve got one or two change with each result but for the first time I’m pretty sure that the majority want him out now.

The  sooner the better !