Letters to the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman

What I have been saying for a long time is instead of trying to raise peanuts with the 1867 club, or ripping of your fans with silly shirt prices or merchandise £8.99 for a calendar really.

Manage the squad better get rid of the dross, i know you need to find some mug to take them first. Get rid of Nuihu and Kean of the wage bill and that save us about £5,000 to £10,000 a week or £250,000 to £500,000 a year. Does anyone think selling calendar or the 1867 club will raise this much money - not a chance.

But the knock on effect of the rip off prices is the fans feel taken advantage off and like the club only see us as a cow to milk.

So you look at the stadium why in 2+ years do we not have a stadium sponsor Man City get £20m a season from a company owned by their chairman why are we not doing this, The Reebok stadium, the Wham Stadium, the Kit Kat Stadium, The Walker Stadium, The Direct Sports Stadium, The Emirates etc - we are continuing to miss a massive trick and for a club so close to FFP - I don't honestly understand this. If anyone knows why please tell me.

9 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

As is common with you; wrong end of the stick.

The thread title asks to applaud DC for this consulration exercise, me & a couple of others suggesting it's a bit premature.

If in Aug 2018; we still the most expensive team to watch in the division and for the 3rd season playing in Chansiris blue shirt; then this exercise means nothing.

I was responding to the post I quoted. 

Youre so desperate to point score that you deliberately skew my posts. 

Bit sad really.  

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Find it ya self, but you'll see Mr chairman paid £916,000 for sponsorship. 

Be the 3rd time I've told you. 

Barney does it break down why that covers or is it say x for shirts, x for stadium.

i am not being awkward I honestly don't know, and more often that not after posting I don't go back to old posts so if i have missed your replies it was not on purpose.

Cheers

I think the thing that get me the most and I probably express it wrongly but a lot of what the club has done if marketed at all, could have been really good positives. But everytime something happens the communication is so bad most know on here 7 days before the club bother to let fans know.

As stated previously the shirts sales could if managed right have been a massive plus not the negative it ended up being - I mean The Star getting the story before the club released the details. The Star don't even normally get the story within a week of something happening then they normally mess it up.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This should hopefully be the communication from the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman that puts all the speculation and questioning of who does what etc firmly to bed.

You gotta applaud the club for this. They didn't have to do this but have done and so I look forward to hearing what the Chairman has to say on the subject of the new kit, Doyen, player signings and various departments within the football club.

Should be interesting to say the least 

It will be far from interesting, they aren’t going to go in to any sort of detail and will tell you pretty much what we already know,here’s hoping I’m wrong.

And again these questions wouldn’t need answering if it weren’t such a clusterf**k season off the pitch.

Edited by mrbluesky

Opinions on the degree to which this exercise has been successful, will be determined by the level of detail shared, or lack of.

When conducting an exercise of potential consequence, the customer would normally be expected to set a number of pre-determined success criteria.

Are there any or is it simply doff your caps time? 

Notwithstanding the fact that any attempt by the club to improve communications ought to be applauded of course.

Edited by theowlsman

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Opinions on the degree to which this exercise has been successful, will be determined by the level of detail shared, or lack of.

When conducting an exercise of potential consequence, the customer would normally be expected to set a number of pre-determined success criteria.

Are there any or is it simply doff your caps time? 

Notwithstanding the fact that any attempt by the club to improve communications ought to be applauded of course.

I bet nobody asked if we could look at Doyens KPI’s

just a wild guess though

• Haha 1

Just now, Lythamowl said:

but its thursday....I know this to be true as i've got to put the bins out tonight......:ph34r:

But the responding from his royal Thai-ness starts on Friday.

im off to get a bucketload of butterkist, none of that microwave sheeite for this one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

never met the bloke but businessmen don't usually tell there customers to much about how they run there affairs ...I may be wrong but he'll only tell us what he wants us to know ....kits ,pies, anniversaries ,even prices i'm sure he'll tell us but anything about doyen and finances  he may well a bit more economical with his words .

No maybe not, but businessmen also don't usually ask their customers to put forward questions on any aspect of their business and offer to answer them. He can't win with some people.

56 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

But the responding from his royal Thai-ness starts on Friday.

im off to get a bucketload of butterkist, none of that microwave sheeite for this one.

Home Bargains do a big bag of popcorn for 69p and it's very nice. Not butterkist but still nice. Careful though 1000 calories for the bag.

• Haha 1