Letters to the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman

Large-1.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday would like to issue a vote of thanks to all supporters who recently sent in their questions on all things SWFC to the chairman via swfc.co.uk

Mr Chansiri invited questions on any subject relative to the club and promised open and honest answers, which will be published in full, starting this Friday, 3 November.

The club received many responses, with most centring on similar subjects, which will be answered en bloc.

Questions more suited to department heads have been filtered down where necessary, otherwise the chairman will address all raised issues directly.

This extensive feature will continue next week as Mr Chansiri answers the questions posed in detail, offering supporters a unique insight into the day to day running of Sheffield Wednesday.

Thank you, as always, for your support.

Owlstalk Shop

This should hopefully be the communication from the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman that puts all the speculation and questioning of who does what etc firmly to bed.

You gotta applaud the club for this. They didn't have to do this but have done and so I look forward to hearing what the Chairman has to say on the subject of the new kit, Doyen, player signings and various departments within the football club.

Should be interesting to say the least 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This should hopefully be the communication from the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman that puts all the speculation and questioning of who does what etc firmly to bed.

You gotta applaud the club for this. They didn't have to do this but have done and so I look forward to hearing what the Chairman has to say on the subject of the new kit, Doyen, player signings and various departments within the football club.

well it will be if he tells the truth .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How far do you reckon he will respond on the subject of Doyen mate?

Just now, Andoverowl said:

How far do you reckon he will respond on the subject of Doyen mate?

I have a feeling fans are going to be satisfied with the level of answers he gives but might still not like the answers

I think the Chairman will answer in a decent amount of detail to be fair

From what I hear the club is going to do a good job with this one

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We haven't got to applaud the club; Chansiri hasn't done anything yet.

We should see what's published on Friday before prematurely clapping. It may be just waffle or promises to possibly consider things in the future.

Edited by zzmdu

Just now, zzmdu said:

We haven't got to applaud the club; Chansiri hasn't anything yet.

We should see what's published on Friday before prematurely clapping. It may be just waffle or promises to possibly consider things in the future.

Yeah you know what I mean though - was just a turn of phrase innit

lol

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No reason to suspect he wont' at all.

I think these questions and answers should put to bed most rumours that have been circulating about various things to be fair

never met the bloke but businessmen don't usually tell there customers to much about how they run there affairs ...I may be wrong but he'll only tell us what he wants us to know ....kits ,pies, anniversaries ,even prices i'm sure he'll tell us but anything about doyen and finances  he may well a bit more economical with his words .

Just now, torryowl said:

anything about doyen and finances  he may well a bit more economical with his words .

I'm pretty sure he'll explain the club's relationship with Doyen

To be fair anything that's very sensitive I'd not expect or want him to go into mass detail about. I'd rather just know enough as a fan to be content with the information I've got, although whether or not I'd agree with the club doing business with businesses like Doyen is a different matter

But at least we'll be a little bit wiser on a number of subjects

Either way - interesting times eh?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I applaud this idea

I applaud your response to my response 

This could get to 20 pages

Perhaps not

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'll applaud the club when I see the standard of the answers. So far so good though.

11 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I'll applaud the club when I see the standard of the answers. So far so good though.

Can see this as another opportunity to bash the club by  people who will not like his answers. 

I'm thinking of questions about ticket prices, stripes, Doyen and Carlos.

Pretty sure he will be honest, but don't see him changing what he's doing.

My bet is that he'll make one concession.

Blue and whites stripes will be back next season, by popular demand, and will be a big seller.

Marketing masterstroke.

Lets wait and see which questions he answers and in how much detail. As personally the communication by the club over the last two years on the whole it has been very very poor.

is he going to give the full detail of why entering November we still have no anniversary kit and why the kit that did arrive 10 weeks after the season had started was the most expensive in the league history and to say thank the fans for their loyalty, if you don't buy it now we will be increasing the cost £10.

Do we get any answer on if we have any marketing policy, other than charge too much that people want to pay then use FFP as the excuse for it.

No Corp box sold for 3 years any plan to try to sell any, get revenue in to the business instead of the fans paying for everything.

Any policies in place to increase sponsorship money coming into the club, naming rights of stadium, a shirt sponsor who pays money into the club etc.

Are we going to be replacing under performing staff the same way any business  would get rid off staff that cant do the job.

Etc.

Personally I think the whole thing will be a back patting exercise for the chairman, i hope I am wrong but he normally only release a staement when he wants our money.