Jump to content


Guest Deleted member

:-(

Recommended Posts



16 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Didn't go.

 

There's no point.

 

Thanks for your efforts

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, darra said:

That's football in general though mate. Sky's viewing figures for football went down last year probably for the first time ever. Who knows? Like an Arsenal fan of many years said the other day on the radio. The Emirates is  becoming a tourist attraction.

 

im tempted to go to a Sheffield FC game sometime, cant be any worse than today

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

 

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

 

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

 

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

 

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

 

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

 

 

And its not Carlos.

 

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

 

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

 

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

 

Enjoy your football.

 

Hi Nigel, is your son managing a team in Newark? Basically I'm working over there at the moment be nice to roll out of work to see a team play.

 

Also really sad to read this but I can understand as I personally feel alienated as priced out ex season ticket holder who can't really afford to take himself let alone his kids.

 

Was actually considering going Tuesday to treat myself, I've managed to achieve a little goal id set myself.

 

id got paid a bit extra this month and was owed a bit of time back, but decided I'm not bothering. 

 

I just don't have the energy for it.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Coyt
12 minutes ago, vulva said:

There is an increasing whiff of the Tan/Venkys about all this. 

 

This has been my thoughts aswell. When clubs start becoming play things that's when sh!t really hits the fan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, modboy said:

 

im tempted to go to a Sheffield FC game sometime, cant be any worse than today

 

I have a bit of a soft spot for Hallam FC.

£5 to get in and always a friendly atmosphere (play in blue & white stripes too)

 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has happened to us is almost tragic. 15 years of being absolutely skint, begging borrowing and stealing players to fill shirts. Never competitive in this league since we came into it in 2000. 

Finally we get some money, finally we start buying these dream players like Rhodes and ff. And , after all of that, we are back to where we were under gray before all this started.  Lower mid table, defensive team grinding out draws.

  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

What has happened to us is almost tragic. 15 years of being absolutely skint, begging borrowing and stealing players to fill shirts. Never competitive in this league since we came into it in 2000. 

Finally we get some money, finally we start buying these dream players like Rhodes and ff. And , after all of that, we are back to where we were under gray before all this started.  Lower mid table, defensive team grinding out draws.

And that's why it hurts.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shez owl said:

I’m not sure now a decent manager will want to come!

 

 

Agreed, especially as we've spent up to the max on FFP

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said in another thread pie and a pint at spurs is a tenner rumours that when they play in the new stadium next season the cheapest season ticket will be £700 or there about most expensive well over a grand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Coyt
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

 

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

 

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

 

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

 

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

 

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

 

 

And its not Carlos.

 

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

 

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

 

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

 

Enjoy your football.

 

 

What I don't understand Grandad, is all what's going off behind the scenes ( you obviously know more than most of us) , surely Chansiri must be thinking all this dictatorship behaviour and alienating the fanbase for example,is only going to blow up immensely in his face? 

 

I mean we all know it's about financial gain for DC, but if this all continues on and off the pitch,once season ticket numbers drop next season, which they definitely will if the season continues as it is with CC in charge, then how does he expect to make any sort of marginal profit? 

 

What an absolute mess this club is in, christ I thought this kind of stuff was dead and buried in the past from previous regimes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

What has happened to us is almost tragic. 15 years of being absolutely skint, begging borrowing and stealing players to fill shirts. Never competitive in this league since we came into it in 2000. 

Finally we get some money, finally we start buying these dream players like Rhodes and ff. And , after all of that, we are back to where we were under gray before all this started.  Lower mid table, defensive team grinding out draws.

With probably £50m+ debt to a bloke who looks like he's about to throw his toys out of the pram.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Is he replacing all these employees with experienced people at the going rate or what, or are we just operating on a skeleton staff? 

Could explain why we can't keep anyone fit. Ie Boyd. I know a Burnley fan who told.me he is indestructible  if nothing else. Never misses a game. Oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, darra said:

That's football in general though mate. Sky's viewing figures for football went down last year probably for the first time ever. Who knows? Like an Arsenal fan of many years said the other day on the radio. The Emirates is  becoming a tourist attraction.

Oh and he is brilliant he said. Erm oops. Just ask abdi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Went today, waste of an afternoon to be fair. Came back to a parking ticket. Best thing to do is boycott the club as this season is over. 

So we did end up getting 3 points today then lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm convinced the rot set in last August with the FF Norwich no show. We should have flogged him for as much as possible and moved on. The team spirit and togetherness of the club and fanbase has never been the same since. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, vulva said:

There is an increasing whiff of the Tan/Venkys about all this. 

 

My mate said the very same to me at the match earlier 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

It gives me absolutely zero pleasure to say it - but yes, I'm genuinely done.

 

I've had some time since the OP to think. I actually drove straight to Newark to watch the team my lad manages in the Central Midlands League, hes now won 4 games on the bounce since taking over as manager (following 10 straight defeats). I stood watching a fantastic end to end game, with a pint in my hand and a pie at half time, the whole thing including entry and programme cost me less than a tenner, and I saw 11 (22 actually) completely committed players giving their all for their teams, no petulance (well, a bit).

 

I'm not angry about Wednesday, far from it. I'm more sad than anything. One of the very worst things about being so entrenched in the club, and with my past at Wednesdayite etc, is that people constantly talk to me about Wednesday. Not just fans, I have so many good friends who work and have worked at Hillsborough, ex-players Ive met through organising fund raising events, and over the last 2 years you would be absolutely amazed at the stories I've heard from inside the club. I don't really do the ITK thing (other than the Hirst thing - because that really is a massive car crash and being handled extremely badly by the club - and the reputation of one of the greatest players in our history is being tarnished by someone whos been here a blink of an eye and so far hasn't given a fraction to this club that Hirsty has).  But I am ITK about so so much that I won't share because it would literally scare the crap out of all but the most rabid Happy Clapper - and that would damage the club, and Ive never ever wanted to do that.

 

So many good good people have left our club recently, people who also have Wednesday running through their blood, strong family connections, people who have worked there for years and often being paid a pittance of what they can earn elsewhere just because they love the club so much. The medical staff, including Paul Smith - laid off because they were presumably blamed by the manager for last seasons inept finish. Senior people within the Academy have walked. Numerous people in key departments again have walked. Accounts. Commercial.  Catering.

 

I've spent the last 18 months in a hectic social whirl of leaving do's for these people, all of them didn't really want to leave but felt they could no longer work at the club/job they love.  At every single do I would find myself chatting to others who also want to leave.

 

Theres a single common reason why all of these people want to leave. A single common person.

 

 

And its not Carlos.

 

Just a few days ago the Chairman was attacking a fan at the steering group for expressing opinions on Twitter - and also claiming that negative fans are affecting team performances. Thats his opinion, and hes entitled to express it. But by the same token he should allow the thousands of passionate Wednesday fans to express their own opinions too - that is what football is all about. As long as those opinions arent offensive (and I would never approve of the idiot minority who he alleges verbally attack him or his family), and as long as the opinions aren't defamatory - then they are just that - opinions. Isn't that what football is about? Isn't that why we have Owlstalk with 30k members?

 

I got sued by a previous Chairman who claimed, quite incorrectly, that my views were defamatory. They weren't, and nether were they offensive. I went through some proper crap defending myself from that - but I never lost my love for the club. Well, I'm sad to say, this Chairman has kicked every bit of love for this club out of me now. Because, as he said at the steering group when he was wrapping up - its HIS club now. Ive always argued it will never be his club because without the fans the club is nothing. Well, for me at least, it is HIS club now, as this fan is finished.

 

I sincerely hope I'm incredibly wrong. I would love nothing more.

 

Enjoy your football.

 

Wow. I said weeks ago that a light needs shining on DCs methods as I didn't feel it was all down to CC for the ongoing debacle that the club has become. And here we are DC, you're under the spotlight and rightly so 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest kelliesleftnut

Sad and worrying to read Grandad.

Will you be taking the Club 1867 brass plaque off your seat :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coopswfc76 keep clapping and negging anyone who dares to question the club or king Carlos.

looks like your outnumbered mate

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×