some people on here

3 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

needs a grow a pair and show some ambition

all I've read for months is

'carlos deserves this season'

please someone enlighten me what has he achieved?

O a 6th and 4th place finish and what do we get from that ,NOTHING.

well I suppose its not so bad since Carlos talks the opposition up like we are playing Barcelona every week.

posters on here still defending the man and his players after frankly the most disgusting performance in Sheffield Wednesdays history against the unwashed.

but according to woman I was sat next to on the south against Leeds 'this performance makes up for last weekend' .give me a break.

then people saying I don't want promotion cus we'll get beat every week .well we might as well give in now.

hated football under Megson but every week a opposition supporter came on here and said Wednesday bullied their team.when have we ever heard that under Carlos.

as for calling him king Carlos ,its frankly embarrassing.Wilkinson and Atkinson had more ability in there little finger.

back in the day the Wednesday fans I knew wouldn't have put up with this rubbish ON and OFF the pitch.these days no ambition what so ever .

quite happy getting a point at tough old burton.

Brilliant post 

Quite simply put, we get some money and a charismatic manager for the first time in 20 years. Spent 30 million on an already mid table side and had 2 top 6 finishes which is why a lot of the fans(Clappers as some call them) are blinkered. 

For me Carlos first season was a real success and couldn't disagree with the fact that he built on SG's stubborn well organised defence by adding some flair and creativity and moved us forward, he did improve us. 

Second season we finished slightly higher, though tbf we seemed to not improve and notably actually for large season seemed to regress. 

This season we gradually do seem to be regressing under Carlos, with the odd really good victory over Fulham and Leeds papering over obvious cracks we still haven't addressed as a club. 

Time for a change, fresh ideas and a new impetus from a new man if we need to revive our season. I like Carlos but don't think he's cut out for winning us promotion, he's tactically very astute and intelligent, yet doesn't have the bottle or man management skills to fire us up and implement this. . 

At the beginning of the season I thought he deserved another go.

But now I think he needs to go or we won't even make the playoffs.

I didn't anticipate not signing the kind of players we needed or playing as consistently bad.

Good likeable bloke but when things go wrong like they have you have to step a side.

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Think youre being a tad over dramatic..its only cos it was against united youve got you knickers in a twist..look at the bigger picture theres no need to panic..but saying that aint gonna calm you down is it.

So what's the bigger picture then?

We've won 4 league games out of 12, we've won one away game all season, we've lost our last two away games against teams who were bottom two and couldn't remember their last win, we've got 2 points from 4 games against the current bottom 4 (and one of them outplayed us for an hour at Hillsborough) and we got taken apart by our biggest rivals conceding 4 goals at home to them for the first time in history. Oh, and we're amazingly boring to watch, despite spending millions we haven't addressed the weaknesses in the team that have been apparent for well over a year, and have probably played well in 2.5 games of those 12.  But hey, apart from that everything's rosy...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Looking forward to our next game and picking up 3 points.

Sorry to be controversial.

Like the positive thoughts bud... Hopefully we will, but I've s feeling we won't sustain it with 2/3 good results in a row becouse at the moment we're increasingly looking incredibly jekyll & Hyde. 

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So what's the bigger picture then?

We've won 4 league games out of 12, we've won one away game all season, we've lost our last two away games against teams who were bottom two and couldn't remember their last win, we've got 2 points from 4 games against the current bottom 4 (and one of them outplayed us for an hour at Hillsborough) and we got taken apart by our biggest rivals conceding 4 goals at home to them for the first time in history. Oh, and we're amazingly boring to watch, despite spending millions we haven't addressed the weaknesses in the team that have been apparent for well over a year, and have probably played well in 2.5 games of those 12.  But hey, apart from that everything's rosy...

we're 4 points from the play off in October...just remind me were we were in January following similar starts over the last two years...

Ok let's look at the bigger picture

the last 4 games

pigs 4 2 loss biggest rivals' (just another game)

Birmingham 1 0 loss (could have been 2/3) lost next game 6 0

Leeds 3 0 win (usual slow start,eventually got going)

Bolton 2 1 loss ( they'd not scored in 8 ,not won a league game all season,scored 5 in 2 games against us)

still rely on Westwood,lee's,lee,Hutchinson and loovens (all free transfers ,here before Carlos)

shall I go on

4 games is hardly bigger picture either.

Sure we paid a fee of around £250k for Tom Lees.

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

we're 4 points from the play off in October...just remind me were we were in January following similar starts over the last two years...

Is that a guarantee that we'll finish top 4 again then? Are there any signs that we'll turn this form around? Why are we no better after spending around £15m on new players since this time last year?

Ok let's look at the bigger picture

the last 4 games

pigs 4 2 loss biggest rivals' (just another game)

Birmingham 1 0 loss (could have been 2/3) lost next game 6 0

Leeds 3 0 win (usual slow start,eventually got going)

Bolton 2 1 loss ( they'd not scored in 8 ,not won a league game all season,scored 5 in 2 games against us)

still rely on Westwood,lee's,lee,Hutchinson and loovens (all free transfers ,here before Carlos)

shall I go on

4 games do not a season make (just saying) lol

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Whats the point in finishing in the play offs again?..you wer one of those who thought goin to huddersfield and not trying to score was a carlos masterplan

6 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

needs a grow a pair and show some ambition

all I've read for months is

'carlos deserves this season'

please someone enlighten me what has he achieved?

O a 6th and 4th place finish and what do we get from that ,NOTHING.

well I suppose its not so bad since Carlos talks the opposition up like we are playing Barcelona every week.

posters on here still defending the man and his players after frankly the most disgusting performance in Sheffield Wednesdays history against the unwashed.

but according to woman I was sat next to on the south against Leeds 'this performance makes up for last weekend' .give me a break.

then people saying I don't want promotion cus we'll get beat every week .well we might as well give in now.

hated football under Megson but every week a opposition supporter came on here and said Wednesday bullied their team.when have we ever heard that under Carlos.

as for calling him king Carlos ,its frankly embarrassing.Wilkinson and Atkinson had more ability in there little finger.

back in the day the Wednesday fans I knew wouldn't have put up with this rubbish ON and OFF the pitch.these days no ambition what so ever .

quite happy getting a point at tough old burton.

Totally Disagree 

Ive got balls for everyone. 

Rain check needed. 

If you didn't like standing on the Kop (in the p*ssing rain)& seeing us lose to all &  Sundry , then you my son , are now Wednesdayite.  

Ner ner.  

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

we've got 2 points from 4 games against the current bottom 4 (and one of them outplayed us for an hour at Hillsborough) 

Agree with all your points except this one. It was pretty even in the first half against Sunderland and we only went in behind because of a stupid rule that made a defender leave the pitch followed by a Westwood howler. We completely dominated the second half and on another day we'd have won that game. 

Pardon me for not reaching breaking point yet.

I would still give him the season, think he has earned that by getting us close twice.

Ive seen better managers at Hillsborough, but ive seen more worse ones, thats my way of thinking,.

Without a serious replacement, i'm not enamoured about getting rid, nor do I trust Chansiris footballing capabilities of getting a better one in.

To survive he has to settle on a team and a method of playing, I admit, its hardly been good enough this season, but I'm still loathe to change yet.

No doubt if I'm wrong, I'll get told on here, I'll simply hold me hand up and admit it....(or change me username) lol

• Haha 1