Set pieces

Since Lee took over corner duty (at lest from left side) he took them very well. Sadly that wasn't the case today.

And most of our crosses from open play come through our full back. Pitty that both Reach, and especially Hunt are doing it very poorly.

Edited by malek

Was strange he took one with left n one with right foot. 

Generally our set pieces are shocking. No ideas. 

Their goal from free kick was bob on. We had one in same position and we get Jones float one towards keeper but hits wall. 

Needs some fresh ideas imo 

2 minutes ago, Sibon8 said:

So many wasted opportunities from not being able to take a simple set piece 

And how many opprtunities both Reach and Hunt had from.open play ? Especially Hunt put in 7 or 8 crosses, and managed to hit everything but Wednesday play in the box...

There's no plan with our set pieces or crosses. Could you ever imagine us pulling off what they did for the first goal? Not a bloody chance. 

It is so hit and hope. We saw this perfectly when we had a free kick not long after they had scored and nobody had a clue who was taking it. 

As for our crosses in play, for the last season or two we must have one of the lowest crosses to attempts on target ratio in the league. 

Yeah without doubt the set pieces and crossing need some work, but what I find even more frustrating is those short quick free kicks we take in the middle of the park which within two passes end up with the ball going back to a defender or the keeper, throw ins are the same .... get the bloody ball played forward !

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

In the post match interview, in his own words Carlos said: "we train for set pieces, offensive and defensive."

Whoever leads those sessions needs to have a re-think.

Carlos needs to think on about how open he is with his interviews, because as well as inviting fans to blame him for yesterday (which personally I am doing, and chose to before he invited it) he's hanging his own gallows by trying to claim we practice things like set pieces.

This forum likes to still laugh about Darren Potters set pieces. Yesterday we were consistently worse.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Carlos needs to think on about how open he is with his interviews, because as well as inviting fans to blame him for yesterday (which personally I am doing, and chose to before he invited it) he's hanging his own gallows by trying to claim we practice things like set pieces.

This forum likes to still laugh about Darren Potters set pieces. Yesterday we were consistently worse.

You get the impression its far too cosy down at Middlewood Road. All those weaknesses we see week in week out and still we don't see any improvement. I wonder how many of the players stay after training finishes to practice on their weaknesses?

*Corners

*Free kicks

*Throw-ins

*Crosses

*Goal kicks (out of the hands)

All bobbar in our case. No idea what happened to Wallace's abilities from the last two seasons and Hunt is having a nightmare as well. 

We take far too long to get the ball into the box. We always take 30 passes to do what other teams comfortably do in less than 5.

11 minutes ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

Yeah without doubt the set pieces and crossing need some work, but what I find even more frustrating is those short quick free kicks we take in the middle of the park which within two passes end up with the ball going back to a defender or the keeper, throw ins are the same .... get the bloody ball played forward !

Couldnt agree. more. It has me pining for the Wilko days when Hodge would saunter up and boot it in the mixer. 

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

You get the impression its far too cosy down at Middlewood Road. All those weaknesses we see week in week out and still we don't see any improvement. I wonder how many of the players stay after training finishes to practice on their weaknesses?

Well we were lead to believe the players knocked on the managers door and asked him to stay after Huddersfield. 

No wonder. Everybody's mate.