New Sheffield Wednesday shirt should be available this Sunday

It really has been an embarrassment this.

I bought my son a kit last two. One when he was born the other for his first birthday in September. I couldn't get him one this year( I suppose I could for Christmas) last year the cost me £55 sizes 3-6 month ( he's only small) I dread to think what kind of pricing policy they have on this one.

anyway enough of this. Have we heard from Palmer on this yet. This is exactly the type of thing he's been brought in for. And if you are going to be ballsy enough to go your own route which I applaud you have to deliver or have a strategy in place. For me and yes maybe in hindsight we should have delayed our kit for someone else developing it like by a year to ensure who ever is going to deliver  can deliver or that all the contracts are in place to prevent anyone allegedly dinding more money. Seems a bit rushed with the massive egg on their face. 

And unfortunatly I can only see raised prices or the token offer of a price freeze.

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

I like the use of "should". 

It'll be fine DC has ordered that (in one of the very few nods to 150 years old anniversary) they are being delivered by horse drawn canal barge

Edited by steelowl

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Why?  It wasn't his fault.

Well... you could say it wasn't... you could say it was. He had a supplier and yes I know they supposedly doubled the price but he could have done the deal. What he may have lost with the cost of manufacturing surely he would have made back in shirt sales by now..

Mid summer.. nice...ish weather.. people going on holidays, kids off on holidays..

It's getting colder.. people may hold off and wait for Christmas others may not want to pay full price for it and who could blame them.

Considering it's the 150th anniversary maybe he should have cut his losses and just got the shirt out. Surly he would have still made a profit on every shirt.

10 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

I don't care what's at stake, if somebody reneges on a deal and then tries to bump the price up by 100%, I'd tell em to fv.ckin do one!

I don't blame DC one bit and there's absolutely no reason to start throwing discounts about because he got fv.cked over, I mean, would you?  

It would be interesting to know what price was agreed per unit... if it was 10 pounds and was doubled to 20.. then yes I wouldn't be happy and yes I'd probably say do one.

If it's something along the lines of 3-4 pounds and doubled to 6-8 pounds then maybe an over reaction. But I guess we will never know what was agreed.

4 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It would be interesting to know what price was agreed per unit... if it was 10 pounds and was doubled to 20.. then yes I wouldn't be happy and yes I'd probably say do one.

If it's something along the lines of 3-4 pounds and doubled to 6-8 pounds then maybe an over reaction. But I guess we will never know what was agreed.

Something about this "they chose to double the price" story just doesn't seem right to me.

Whoever the manufacturer in question is that supposedly did this would be harming themselves commercially. People in the kit business will know who it is and surely no club would risk dealing with them again. IF it's true.

Of course it may not be true.

Interesting the club are being vague on numbers and haven't announced a price yet!

Too late now. 

Got my lad a Dortmund and PSG kit this year (he's forbidden from having any other English team). Top quality and no doubt cheaper than what the shop will charge for a load of rubbish that's already about 2 to 3 months out of date. My guess is that there will be loads of faults with them (due to being rushed out) and after about 3 or 4 washes they will start to fall to bits.

Like an earlier poster has said, they should be boycotted or given a wide berth at the very least.