C'mon Owlstalk, let's hear it for Carlos.

27 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Take the time out to read back through that post and see what rubbish you posted.FFS, how can you want him sacked but still support him?

I take it that reading isn't one of your strong points. It's Ok, it seems to be quite common on here. I specifically said that i felt we needed a change but out of respect for what Carlos has achieved I didn't want to see him sacked. 

Just because you don't think a manager is the right one doesn't mean you don't support him.

I don't think Teresa May is the right person to lead the country but while she's in the seat I'll support her in trying to do the best job she can for the country.

Anyway, I've written a lot again and the content of this post is exceptionally complex so I'll leave it there. If you don't understand, fair enough.

• Haha 1

Just now, poite said:

I take it that reading isn't one of your strong points. It's Ok, it seems to be quite common on here. I specifically said that i felt we needed a change but out of respect for what Carlos has achieved I didn't want to see him sacked. 

Just because you don't think a manager is the right one doesn't mean you don't support him.

I don't think Teresa May is the right person to lead the country but while she's in the seat I'll support her in trying to do the best job she can for the country.

Anyway, I've written a lot again and the content of this post is exceptionally complex so I'll leave it there. If you don't understand, fair enough.

What on earth are you wittering on about?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, poite said:

I was very much in belief that we needed a change. But it's difficult because I like Carlos and didn't want to see him sacked. I thought not offering him a new deal in the summer would have been the right way to go about it. Thanks for all you have done Carlos but we're going to try some fresh ideas. I thought that would have been a sensible and respectful way for him to depart.

But it winds me up when  people like the OP seem to believe that wanting a different manager means you don't support the current one. 

Even at times of wanting a change - past, present or future - I will always support Carlos in the hope he can change my mind. I'll always want him to succeed and I'd never do anything to lower the chances of that happening. 

So, was I in the Carlos out camp a couple of weeks ago? Probably.

Did I stop supporting Carlos? No.

You want this, you don't want that. Building a team takes a fair old time, it doesn't happen in two weeks, two months or even two years. Carlos is making progress in every aspect of the team, there will be set backs I'm sure but the general trend will be forward. Good Managers slowly mould their team, unless they are a £Billion outfit we are not that outfit. A New manager now would set us back two years IMO.   

6 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Carlos knows far more about football than all the negative moaners will ever know.

Mr C knows more about running a business and a football club than all the moaners will ever know.

I support my club, I support Carlos, I support Mr C

No time for negative moaners.

Support your club ffs

As a whole, Carlos doubtless does know much more about football than the contributors to this board; but does he know as much about football as it's played here as they do?

Colin said after the game that Wednesday could have had more but sat back. We're not good at that type of football in this country generally, not just Wednesday specifically. I remember England playing it against Argentina in Japan in the WC, where Beckham scored a penalty and Simeone was trying to put him off. But it was heart-in-mouth stuff. It's not our game here.

Mr C certainly knows more about business in general than the contributors to this site, but does he know more about football and recruitment? If you're going to be pragmatic and do a 'Boro do you sign Barry Bannan? Maybe, maybe not.

Guest mrbluesky
55 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Like against Huddersfield in the playoffs, and Burton away It would appear that we sat back again in the second half yesterday, instead of trying to kill the game off

This is what's costing us and one of my two main gripes with CC

Stop talking sense in a Eastleigh thread lol

Old man does try though.

The problem will always remain he is to rigid with his set up,we had the chance to kill the game yesterday and what does he do puts them in defensive mode, you can see the desire for players to move the ball but are held back.

We again drop off 5 yards and come under pressure, fair enough we ride the storm and regroup but haven't killed off the game, so there is always the chance of an equaliser and it happened.

Again Owlstalk has spoken again in a thread where it's been posted to try and convince people that CC is the right man to take us forward and has backfired.

Tick tock old man...

5 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Stop talking sense in a Eastleigh thread lol

Old man does try though.

The problem will always remain he is to rigid with his set up,we had the chance to kill the game yesterday and what does he do puts them in defensive mode, you can see the desire for players to move the ball but are held back.

We again drop off 5 yards and come under pressure, fair enough we ride the storm and regroup but haven't killed off the game, so there is always the chance of an equaliser and it happened.

Again Owlstalk has spoken again in a thread where it's been posted to try and convince people that CC is the right man to take us forward and has backfired.

Tick tock old man...

Tbh CC did exactly the same against forest too but luckily we got the 3rd goal on that occasion 

Guest Copthorneowl

When we come back from 1 down even two sometimes what is the reaction on here ......well it's positive and how well we've done there's nothing about the other team "sitting back".

So for the same reason we didn't sit back yesterday Cardiff came at us because they're manager tore into them at half time and they were losing it happens almost in every game every week.

FFs look at reality and don't look for a stick to beat our manager with.

Guest mrbluesky
14 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Opinions eh

Great reply, but yes it's an opinion of many posters in different variants but all come to the same conclusion, I could understand your flipent remark if it was the odd poster but as you'll see people are still divided, not only on here but on match day.

Guest mrbluesky
37 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Tbh CC did exactly the same against forest too but luckily we got the 3rd goal on that occasion 

And will continue to do so, the problem being his style of football will not get us to the promised land.

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Do I like Carlos, yes.

Would I go out on the lash with him and buy him a pint, yes.

Am I happy with how things are going,  it's looking better.

Do I think Carlos will take us up, No.

Will I pay my debt sooner or later because there's no way Carlos will be gone by December, probably not lol 

Guest Copthorneowl
7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Will I pay my debt sooner or later because there's no way Carlos will be gone by December, probably not lol 

Pay your debt when you feel like it mate but your 100% right (not probably) this owner will not sack this manager and nor should he.   

We we wouldn't be having this daft thread if we'd have survived another ten seconds would we and we still shouldn't be any excuse to beat Carlos with a stick .........all teams that are losing on their own grounds come at you with hoof balls and long throws it's just the norm we were very unlucky but we have been on the other side of that coin many times and I've never heard our fans say the oppos sat back it happens.