C'mon Owlstalk, let's hear it for Carlos.

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Pay your debt when you feel like it mate but your 100% right (not probably) this owner will not sack this manager and nor should he.   

We we wouldn't be having this daft thread if we'd have survived another ten seconds would we and we still shouldn't be any excuse to beat Carlos with a stick .........all teams that are losing on their own grounds come at you with hoof balls and long throws it's just the norm we were very unlucky but we have been on the other side of that coin many times and I've never heard our fans say the oppos sat back it happens.

Err...not me...Blue and White was the only one with enough cojones to put his money where his mouth is so fair play to him  lol 

I have to say if we take 6 points from the next 2 games it's been an excellent first 10 games. 19 points.

If we take 4 points then we'll be just one win off the 2pts a game automatic pace.  17 points. Not a bad start.

If we take 1 or 2 points from the next 2 games for me it will be a dissapointing haul from the first 10 games. 14 or 15 points.

At root it's pretty simple. Obviously he is a very good manager. He is by no means perfect and gets things wrong.  But he is a serious player, and it is absurd to review every game through the prism of should the manager stay or go.

I think it's interesting to have gone for this strategy of keeping someone for a long stint rather than shuffling the pack. It feels at this stage an intelligent counterplay against the lunacy of reacting to the inevitable bad run by sacking.

Why do we need these stupid posts.

Am I pleased with our form? Yeah I'm happy. 

Do I think we could do better? Yes 

do I still Wish Carlos had gone? Yes , I don't believe we will ever go up with him. 

Does it matter what anybody on this forums thinks ? Well no we all want the same thing so let's just e not the upturn in results 

On 16/09/2017 at 21:51, poite said:

I was very much in belief that we needed a change. But it's difficult because I like Carlos and didn't want to see him sacked. I thought not offering him a new deal in the summer would have been the right way to go about it. Thanks for all you have done Carlos but we're going to try some fresh ideas. I thought that would have been a sensible and respectful way for him to depart.

But it winds me up when  people like the OP seem to believe that wanting a different manager means you don't support the current one. 

Even at times of wanting a change - past, present or future - I will always support Carlos in the hope he can change my mind. I'll always want him to succeed and I'd never do anything to lower the chances of that happening. 

So, was I in the Carlos out camp a couple of weeks ago? Probably.

Did I stop supporting Carlos? No.

and that right there is the issue...so many people view the world (and in particular football) in black & white...im not totally enthused by some of his tatics but for starters he is 100% better than any replacement options out there and his record at S6 is remarkable (given he had no experience of the championship)....Im sure in a few years you/we will recognise  exactly what he has brought to our club, some wont. Sadly so many live and react in the moment   straight after a game (win, lose or draw). This is when people react at their strongest, both positive and negative. It brings out the passion in people ..doesnt stop you loving the club  does it?

10 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

At root it's pretty simple. Obviously he is a very good manager. He is by no means perfect and gets things wrong.  But he is a serious player, and it is absurd to review every game through the prism of should the manager stay or go.

I think it's interesting to have gone for this strategy of keeping someone for a long stint rather than shuffling the pack. It feels at this stage an intelligent counterplay against the lunacy of reacting to the inevitable bad run by sacking.

Excellent comments

22 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

You want this, you don't want that. Building a team takes a fair old time, it doesn't happen in two weeks, two months or even two years. Carlos is making progress in every aspect of the team, there will be set backs I'm sure but the general trend will be forward. Good Managers slowly mould their team, unless they are a £Billion outfit we are not that outfit. A New manager now would set us back two years IMO.   

Reading through my post I'm struggling to find any part where I say I want anything at all.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 21:51, poite said:

I was very much in belief that we needed a change. But it's difficult because I like Carlos and didn't want to see him sacked. I thought not offering him a new deal in the summer would have been the right way to go about it. Thanks for all you have done Carlos but we're going to try some fresh ideas. I thought that would have been a sensible and respectful way for him to depart.

But it winds me up when  people like the OP seem to believe that wanting a different manager means you don't support the current one. 

Even at times of wanting a change - past, present or future - I will always support Carlos in the hope he can change my mind. I'll always want him to succeed and I'd never do anything to lower the chances of that happening. 

So, was I in the Carlos out camp a couple of weeks ago? Probably.

Did I stop supporting Carlos? No.

Wasn't picking on you, just highlighting the vindictive attacks take on more form when supported by someone like yourself from let's say a more pragmatic perspective. I try not waste my time on the Hate mongers ! 

As the song goes, we are on our way. Many clubs would love to reach successive playoffs, and there's no reason yet to think we won't get there again this season, if not better. Of course we want to be in the top two to avoid the Russian roulette nature of the playoffs, but we have to be realistic and remember the competition to go up is intense.

It's still very early days, but when I look at the table, the Championship seems quite open compared to last season when Brighton and Newcastle were levels above the other teams. We are still well placed to have a good season and we have to be positive. I always think back to the 4-1 home defeat by the mighty Peterborough not so long ago and think how far we have come. If we finish 7th, Carlos will most likely have to go, but it's not that bad yet. We'll get there.

Guest mrbluesky
On 17/09/2017 at 11:35, james o connor said:

Why do we need these stupid posts.

Am I pleased with our form? Yeah I'm happy. 

Do I think we could do better? Yes 

do I still Wish Carlos had gone? Yes , I don't believe we will ever go up with him. 

Does it matter what anybody on this forums thinks ? Well no we all want the same thing so let's just e not the upturn in results 

Look no further than the person that started this thread to answer your first question. (the one without the question mark)

lol

It's all about perspective for me. When CC arrived, can anyone hand on heart believe we would of had the season we had ? Furthermore, last season, we did improve, albeit falling short eventually.

The club has had root and branch changes, many needed to bring us up to the standard of many Championship sides. We ARE progressing in so many ways, yet many focus progression as winning or losing a game. That imho is shortsighted to say the least.

We are still playing catch up with a whole host of sides in this division, but make no mistake, we are getting there, surely but slowly, and the Chairman's decision to stick by the manager and the clubs determination to steer clear from being a selling club, will reap it's just rewards.

There have been bumps in the road of course, but I would urge fans to remember where we were just 5 years ago, and compare the club then to what it is now. Reasons to be optimistic, there are many, which far outweigh the pessimism sometimes shown by a minority of the supporting fan base.