Fernando Forristieri injury

Just now, hatcheeks said:

Was FF our leading goalscorer last season?

Not bad considering he was uninterested, wanted to leave, hated the club, the fans, his manager and team mates, pretended to be injured etc etc

We've got some right crackpots in the fanbase.

Always something untoward going on or a conspiracy.

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Was just reading another post and it got me thinking maybe it could work out really good for us. 

Hooper and Fletcher are doing the business, so we're not missing the mercurial stroppy Italian at the moment. 

It could have been he was carrying an injury at the start of the season (since he's gonna be out for three months) and that was the Real reason he didn't want to play on the left, all that extra running, tracking back and defending was too much and leaving him not fit for attacking, yet we tried to accommodate be sticking him up front. 

So here's the kicker, maybe it works out well for us as hell go nowhere in January as he won't be fit and we'll have him back playing for those last 15-20 games , fresh and hungry when it gets to the part where the season really start to matter. 

He's said before about seeing himself as a striker...

4 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

It's a blessing in disguise. He causes more problems than solutions.

FF's not had enough impact over the last 12 months or so, ever since his no-show at Norwich.

With or without him, we have the players to be successful.

Yes we do!

4 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

It's a blessing in disguise. He causes more problems than solutions.

FF's not had enough impact over the last 12 months or so, ever since his no-show at Norwich.

With or without him, we have the players to be successful.

:ghoulguy:

13 minutes ago, thommowl said:

Exactly this. People still think man landed on the moon. Don't believe every you read or hear

What's your theory behind it then.?

Pretend you have an injury that's going to keep you out for 3 months as that's exactly what you need to get the clubs paying millions for you.

If there was anything conspiracy about it at all. It would be that we could probably have decided when he has the surgery and maybe advised him to do it now.

But as we just let Winnall go that also seems unlikely.

I think the Winnall and Forestieri training ground bust up led to Winnalls departure Same as it will for Fernando, basically doing what they did to mcguigan by not playing him again until he's sold. I was led to believe they both had 2 game bans imposed by the club but not at the time as not to leave our options limited with Fletcher not been 100 %. Winnall found a club Fernando didn't and the reason he didn't may have been because he was injured but I don't believe that was the reason. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He did for the majority of last season and started this season the same.

CC will play FF up top, meaning 2 of Fletcher, Hooper or Rhodes misses out.

I walked to the ground on Tuesday with a spring in my step, knowing that Carlos couldn't ruin our attack by playing FF instead of Hooper or Fletch.

Criminal waste of his talent playing him as striker. Or criminal stupidity on Fessi's part, thinking he is better as a striker than playing wide. Could have a fantastic Prem career wide with applycation. 

Guest Copthorneowl

I very much doubt in our history has any player over a two season period achieved so much whilst out performing all our other 'front line' strikers/players and suffered so much dogs abuse.

Yes he said he didn't want to play at Norwich over a year ago. ....BUT

He asked forgiveness apologised and got on with being more responsible than anybody else in helping get us to two play off campaigns.

He's been our top scorer and assists player in two seasons

he was apparently recently coveted by other clubs at a value way in excess of any player we have

he can show unbelievable skill and class nobody else in our squad can.

Carlos currently  has difficulty in fitting him in without offending the real Owlstalk coach and manager experts.

There are many others things I could say but would be wasted on the negative fannies on here, thank goodness we are not run by the likes of Poite who has Imo great Wednesday passion and no sense at all - repetitive hate is so boring and classless.

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I very much doubt in our history has any player over a two season period achieved so much whilst out performing all our other 'front line' strikers/players and suffered so much dogs abuse.

Yes he said he didn't want to play at Norwich over a year ago. ....BUT

He asked forgiveness apologised and got on with being more responsible than anybody else in helping get us to two play off campaigns.

He's been our top scorer and assists player in two seasons

he was apparently recently coveted by other clubs at a value way in excess of any player we have

he can show unbelievable skill and class nobody else in our squad can.

Carlos currently  has difficulty in fitting him in without offending the real Owlstalk coach and manager experts.

There are many others things I could say but would be wasted on the negative fannies on here, thank goodness we are not run by the likes of Poite who has Imo great Wednesday passion and no sense at all - repetitive hate is so boring and classless.

Understand what you mean. But I think Carlos was struggling to fit him in and get the best out of him. And has now found a system which works and which I can only see Forestieri being an impact sub for when back.

Think our style now that Carlos wants to play doesn't suit Forestieri. 

Only role I could see him taking would be Hoopers. But that aint happening any time soon even when fit.

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Understand what you mean. But I think Carlos was struggling to fit him in and get the best out of him. And has now found a system which works and which I can only see Forestieri being an impact sub for when back.

Think our style now that Carlos wants to play doesn't suit Forestieri. 

Only role I could see him taking would be Hoopers. But that aint happening any time soon even when fit.

You may be right mate but I don't see him ever being an impact player for us he's too good and both us and Nando will call it a day before that happens. Impact subs in the champ don't command north of 12mill - he clearly does.

4 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

OP is right could benefit us and nice to see a Wednesday fan trying to see the good in Fernando for once and not the bad.

I agree he Came into this season with an injury and whilst we praise Lee for wanting to play we do the opposite with Fernando.

Totally agree. He did the same last year as well and scored that vital goal v Cardiff.  The fact that he's injured may also go some way to explaining his reaction at the training ground. 

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

You may be right mate but I don't see him ever being an impact player for us he's too good and both us and Nando will call it a day before that happens. Impact subs in the champ don't command north of 12mill - he clearly does.

What's Rhodes at the moment Then?

There will be games where he is needed in and will start. But above someone was saying he will split up the Hooper and Fletcher partnership and I just don't see it. Last season definitely. But something seems different with Carlos this season. seems to be more about the team getting results and playing in a style to suit that rather than all my big players must play let's shoehorn.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Lets hope so, because for my money that shoehorn has cost us two great opportunities.

I said somewhere earlier the first of the big player shoehorn tests come when Hutchinson and Loovens are both fit again. 

Last season both straight back in.