Early Favourites

13 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

My prediction before the season started and still my prediction is that we'll win the title. Unfortunately I think the scum will be runners up (hope I'm wrong with this second prediction). 

I would take that thank you very much

At the moment in Carlos' system we're probably a pacy & creative right sided midfielder and a defensive midfield unit away from being a top two side. Plus Van Aken settling into a top championship defender.  

If we can stay close until January then we can bring in those two things in the window and challenge 

at the moment you can't really look beyond Boro and Leeds for top two, with Wolves or Derby being the play off winners (is my prediction!) 

Leeds look the strongest side in the division so far by some way; they are blowing teams away right now, they have goals and pace all over the pitch, have barely conceded a goal and I would put them down as early favourites for the title.

The rest of the pack including us are much of a muchness right now, I expect Boro and Wolves to go up the gears but right now I think the final top four is looking pretty obvious (in no particular order):

Leeds

Wolves

Boro

Us

Derby, Villa and Fulham (eventually) are too inconsistent to challenge for autos and I think they will be competing with Cardiff for 5-6th.

People might not have been happy with last season but over the second two thirds we had promotion form. CC has failed twice at the play off lottery but he has shown that once the team hits its stride during the regular season then they can and will maintain that form long term. I'm hoping that now we've got nearer the top a bit sooner than previously we'll find that consistency sooner too, then who knows.