Early Favourites

Whilst the table is still settling down, we're a few games into the season, so I'm wondering who people thing are the favourites for promotion now?

Villa, Hull, Fulham and Middlesbrough were thought to be the favourites before the season started.

Cardiff, Preston & the red half of Sheffield were probably not even considered. Whereas Wolves, Leeds and us were.

What's your thoughts now?

I actually fancied Cardiif before a ball was kicked. Now I think they'll be close to play-offs if not in them, but not good enough for top two.

Still think Middlesboro and Derby will come good.

Villa will sack Bruce soon, so might improve afterwards but would expect them to have too much catching up to do.

Think we'll get in the play-offs again.

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Whilst the table is still settling down, we're a few games into the season, so I'm wondering who people thing are the favourites for promotion now?

Villa, Hull, Fulham and Middlesbrough were thought to be the favourites before the season started.

Cardiff, Preston & the red half of Sheffield were probably not even considered. Whereas Wolves, Leeds and us were.

What's your thoughts now?

I'll wait until Christmas once everything has settled down!

5 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Wolves are 5/2 which is a joke of a price way too short, Middleborough are the fav's for me 

I cant see them being in the top 6, think they have some really nice individuals but not a team yet, maybe next season for Wolves I think.

1 hour ago, Pulcinella said:

the red half of Sheffield were probably not even considered...

...and still aren't, in my humble opinion.  They've had an easy run so far, I wouldn't put any money on them.  

They've beaten Bolton, Brentford & Sunderland, who are all at the bottom of the table.  They beat an average Barnsley who had an off day, the same could be said for their win against Derby.  When they play better opposition, they come unstuck: losing to Cardff and Boro.  I just can't see them sticking about in the top half.  

I thought Cardiff would challenge this season purely down to Warnock's desire for another promotion.

Credit to Leeds and the Syrups but I feel tougher tests are ahead for them and it's very much in the balance as to whether they'll pass these tests.

Always thought Middlesbrough were the stand out candidates from the relegated teams but Monk is an overrated manager IMO.

I'm surprised Villa are struggling but they'll be better once Kodjia's fit. Birmingham will get better. Winter will sort out Wolves one way or the other. I think it'll take Rowett longer than 12 months to sort out Derby.

As for us, we won't blow anyone away but we know how to get positive results at this level and we'll be in the mix for at least a play-off place.

No stand out teams in the championship this year and there may be 7 or 8 teams vying for automatic places. 

I really fancy us for the playoffs but I think we don't have that physicality or pace options to mix it up in certain games. I hope to be proved wrong with this.

One big positive is that we found Adam Reach's best position and when we do the play the diamond at home, him and Hunt don't half play the attacking full back role well.