Carlos - A question

Guest RocketOwl

who plays where is down to carlos and we won so cant be too critical ...where I would criticise him is the negative way we played after taking the lead , to leave  Rhodes up front by himself and camp the rest of the team no more than 40 yards from our goal sums him up completely .. ...he'll no doubt say we shut the door on them , I and i'd guess quite a few others will say we handed them the initiative and were lucky to survive in the end .

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

who plays where is down to carlos and we won so cant be too critical ...where I would criticise him is the negative way we played after taking the lead , to leave  Rhodes up front by himself and camp the rest of the team no more than 40 yards from our goal sums him up completely .. ...he'll no doubt say we shut the door on them , I and i'd guess quite a few others will say we handed them the initiative and were lucky to survive in the end .

I really thought we would have seen Joao come on for the last 20 mins or so.  

He would have caused them problems on the counter. 

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

My money would go on them over you.

So our backroom staff and prep under Jones is the same under CC, you seriously just made that argument?

I probably agree with that, but it was interesting to see that we changed it later in the first half when we realised it wasn't working.  We moved Lee back inside and Bannan wide left.  From what i read at the weekend, Carlos and several of the players commented on the benefits Lee brings to the side when he is playing centrally, driving the team further up the pitch.  Add to that the fact that Carlos admitted we were lucky tonight and I thinks it's a fair question and reaction.  

Surely this forum is about debating what has happened, not debating the right to debate?  I agree we need to be positive overall, but not to the point where we don't discuss strange decisions surely.  Otherwise, why bother watching football if the spectacles are so rose tinted?  Oh and as others have said, I would choose Carlos over any random punter, but Carlos doesn't get it right all the time. 

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

I think the OP raised a good point, yes we won but that first half WAS a huge concern.

Right,just so as i'm clear to everyone on here, I DON'T CARE WHO PLAYS WHERE,(I'll leave all that cack to them that thinks they know better) I CARE ABOUT THE WIN...........PERIOD,BE IT AN INJURY TIME OFFSIDE GOAL, OR AN OWN GOAL.....thats it.

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I don't profess to know, I'm merely making the point that you don't either and the person best placed to judge what was happening (CC) saw fit to make a change. I trust his judgement over yours is my ultimate point.

Doesn't take much football knowledge pal to realise that first half was disjointed and for the reasons mentioned.

Will keep you posted next time Carlos makes an error - doesn't make many to be fair.

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Right,just so as i'm clear to everyone on here, I DON'T CARE WHO PLAYS WHERE,(I'll leave all that cack to them that thinks they know better) I CARE ABOUT THE WIN...........PERIOD,BE IT AN INJURY TIME OFFSIDE GOAL, OR AN OWN GOAL.....thats it.

Think we all do too, but I still think debate is healthy?

BTW...Period is soooo American lol

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest RocketOwl
6 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

So what? It's Carlos' job to help us pick up as many points as possible, not keep Rhodes happy.

PS. I'm sure Rhodes is delighted for the team.

Hi Dan.

Thanks for your reply and thoughts. You're right Dan oh is his job which is why I've made the point we have better suited players to play the lone striker role when closing games out. I hope you understand my point, hope being the key word.

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I really thought we would have seen Joao come on for the last 20 mins or so.  

He would have caused them problems on the counter. 

it beggars believe mate ..we are 2-1 up with plenty of time left and Brentford have to come out and have a go at us .it's crying out to expose the gaps they leave and finish them off  and what does he do ...takes off hooper and bannan arguably  the best 2 players of the night and brings on 2 defensive players ....he'll justify it  by saying we won  but it's a good job we hung on coz he'd have copped loads if we hadn't .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

it beggars believe mate ..we are 2-1 up with plenty of time left and Brentford have to come out and have a go at us .it's crying out to expose the gaps they leave and finish them off  and what does he do ...takes off hooper and bannan arguably  the best 2 players of the night and brings on 2 defensive players ....he'll justify it  by saying we won  but it's a good job we hung on coz he'd have copped loads if we hadn't .

I was thinking the same, Bannan and hooper where decent tonight but they were tired, Joao or even Nuhiu would have been my choice, we invited them on at the end, and yeah its a results business, but bloody hell my heart rate ffs!  

I must admit I was surprised with no changes being made tonight not like CC  at all. So he changes the players around instead which leads to a six shots and a goal for the opposition before we get our 1st chance. "A lucky 2-1" against next to the bottom does not bode well for a top 2 spot......FULL STOP!

59 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'd play big Dave with Rhodes. He needs a big player alongside him. We need to spend less time worrying about our opponents, and more time concentrating on what gets the best out of our own players. Let them worry about us for a change.

So would I. will it happen? Nope. 

1 hour ago, Cowle70 said:

I must admit I was surprised with no changes being made tonight not like CC  at all. So he changes the players around instead which leads to a six shots and a goal for the opposition before we get our 1st chance. "A lucky 2-1" against next to the bottom does not bode well for a top 2 spot......FULL STOP!

Midweek games can often be all about grinding out a result, tonight we did that. Also, Brentford are a much better team than their current league position suggests..... full stop!