Carlos - A question

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

Well done on naming an unchanged line up for as long as I can remember.

So why then start Lee left midfield? 

Utterley baffling.

Another silly tactical change that keeps happening is bringing Rhodes on upfront on his own. If this is what he wants to do to close a game out fair enough buy bring Nuhiu or Joao on then. It's not fair on Rhodes, it's not game and it's not helping him at all.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

Well done on naming an unchanged line up for as long as I can remember.

Utterley baffling.

Another silly tactical change that keeps happening is bringing Rhodes on upfront on his own. If this is what he wants to do to close a game out fair enough buy bring Nuhiu or Joao on then. It's not fair on Rhodes, it's not game and it's not helping him at all.

Why find a negative at all ?

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Why find a negative at all ?

It's not a negative it's just pointing out a tactical concern.

In fact if you went to that game there were plenty of concerns.

It's not a negative it's just pointing out a tactical concern.

In fact if you went to that game there were plenty of concerns.

Really !!!

You congratulate for the unchanged line up,then.............................

Utterley baffling.

No your right,nothing negative about that.

What difference does my attending make ?

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Really !!!

Utterley baffling.

Starting Lee on the left of midfield was baffling if you can't see that fair enough.

Two excellent points.

He actually started Bannan left, and if you noticed he hadn't touched the ball until their goal. He immediately switched Bannan and Lee, and though Bannan looked ten times the player and took control of our game, Lee then looked a lost soul. 

I also thought Bannan and especially Lee hung Reach out to dry tonight. He got less cover from midfield than I have seen before.

Massive conundrum. Jones has done the business, but we are playing 3 CMs, a system that failed us badly last year. But in recent games it has got us results, and Reach at LB is proving successful.

As for Rhodes, I felt so sorry for him late on once Hooper left. Hopeless up front on his own, yet he and we had looked really good with Hooper. Carlos brought Boyd on instead of Rhodes on Saturday, and gave him no partner tonight instead of giving him Joao. Very negative decisions. Yes six points of course. But negative.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Two excellent points.

He actually started Bannan left, and if you noticed he hadn't touched the ball until their goal. He immediately switched Bannan and Lee, and though Bannan looked ten times the player and took control of our game, Lee then looked a lost soul. 

I also thought Bannan and especially Lee hung Reach out to dry tonight. He got less cover from midfield than I have seen before.

Massive conundrum. Jones has done the business, but we are playing 3 CMs, a system that failed us badly last year. But in recent games it has got us results, and Reach at LB is proving successful.

As for Rhodes, I felt so sorry for him late on once Hooper left. Hopeless up front on his own, yet he and we had looked really good with Hooper. Carlos brought Boyd on instead of Rhodes on Saturday, and gave him no partner tonight instead of giving him Joao. Very negative decisions. Yes six points of course. But negative.

Exactly. 

Naming an unchanged side was clearly done due to winning and keeping the fluency of the side together - yet moving Lee and Bannan around contradicted this and disrupted us. Bannan played well like you say but at cost to Reach and Lee.

Rhodes is having a tough time and currently I don't think it's fair bringing him on as a sole striker when we all agree he isn't going to hold it up like Fletcher or run the lines like Joao. He needs to look after Rhodes and hand him a start in a two when Fletcher needs a rest.

Exactly. 

Naming an unchanged side was clearly done due to winning and keeping the fluency of the side together - yet moving Lee and Bannan around contradicted this and disrupted us. Bannan played well like you say but at cost to Reach and Lee.

Rhodes is having a tough time and currently I don't think it's fair bringing him on as a sole striker when we all agree he isn't going to hold it up like Fletcher or run the lines like Joao. He needs to look after Rhodes and hand him a start in a two when Fletcher needs a rest.

He needs two strikers on the field.

The team needs the ball to stay up the field. Neither Hooper nor Rhodes will do that on their own.

CC and several of his backroom staff have spent untold hours analysing our opposition in great detail and then the average fan who has no football credentials whatsoever describes their actions as utterly baffling, Mmmmm.

I assume they saw something that we missed and accept it as such.

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Morepork said:

CC and several of his backroom staff have spent untold hours analysing our opposition in great detail and then the average fan who has no football credentials whatsoever describes their actions as utterly baffling, Mmmmm.

Doesn't mean they are right.

Dave Jones and his staff had the same analysis time but were they right to play Jay Bothroyd constantly? 

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Ash76 said:

Such an easy game from the stands 

It's easy for people to make sassy comments but how about reply with an actual reasoned response as to why Lee was playing left midfield????? Nah thought not.

Doesn't mean they are right.

Dave Jones and his staff had the same analysis time but were they right to play Jay Bothroyd constantly? 

My money would go on them over you.

So our backroom staff and prep under Jones is the same under CC, you seriously just made that argument?

Guest RocketOwl

My money would go on them over you.

So our backroom staff and prep under Jones is the same under CC, you seriously just made that argument?

So why did Carlos play Lee on the left of midfield today?

And why did he change Lee back after 28 minutes?

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

It's easy for people to make sassy comments but how about reply with an actual reasoned response as to why Lee was playing left midfield????? Nah thought not.

Actually if you watched the game when Bannan came inside Lee just covered, the didn't swap for prolonged periods.

But had they done so I couldn't be arsed to debate it with fans that think they know it all 

Guest RocketOwl

Exactly and with a few hours to reflect.

Said as soon as I saw Lee on left what's he doing there and spent most of first half amazed at how exposed Reach was:

16 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Really !!!

Utterley baffling.

I think the OP raised a good point, yes we won but that first half WAS a huge concern.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Actually if you watched the game when Bannan came inside Lee just covered, the didn't swap for prolonged periods.

But had they done so I couldn't be arsed to debate it with fans that think they know it all 

Lee started left. 

There was no swapping he was left and Bannan was centre. We went 1-0 down then they swapped. 

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

So why did Carlos play Lee on the left of midfield today?

And why did he change Lee back after 28 minutes?

I don't profess to know, I'm merely making the point that you don't either and the person best placed to judge what was happening (CC) saw fit to make a change. I trust his judgement over yours is my ultimate point.