Carlos - A question

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Mods? I know I didnt agree with you about Rhodes as did others but are you saying the mods told you to STFU?

Yes.

19 hours ago, torryowl said:

it beggars believe mate ..we are 2-1 up with plenty of time left and Brentford have to come out and have a go at us .it's crying out to expose the gaps they leave and finish them off  and what does he do ...takes off hooper and bannan arguably  the best 2 players of the night and brings on 2 defensive players ....he'll justify it  by saying we won  but it's a good job we hung on coz he'd have copped loads if we hadn't .

All we were doing was inviting them onto us and we were lucky to survive. In the end a draw would have been a fair result due to our negative stance.

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, Muffinman said:

When does your book on coaching come out?

I don't think you need to be an expert to see that Lee is best in the centre.

Was Also following a good performance by Bannan on the left previous game where many of us agreed he bought the best out of Reach:

Just a strange one that's all and could of cost us.

If he wants to keep playing 3 cm's, to balance it out we need a traore type pacy winger in a flat 442 which we havent currently got, after failing to recruit one.

So we're probably better with a diamond with an attacking forward like matias/ff/abdi behind front 2, who is capable of scoring double figures and also a creative threat.

Something like:

Jones/hutch

Lee                  bannan

Matias/ff/abdi

Hoops   rhodes

The steady option is 3 cms and wallace who is virtually a 4th cm tho, so would expect more of same aiming not to lose and hopefully making play offs again.

Also agree that joao is a good option as sub to offer a countering threat rather than nuhiu or another cm then camping in our half holding on.

To make the next step up a bit more positivity may be key.

Edited by Ash77

20 hours ago, Morepork said:

CC and several of his backroom staff have spent untold hours analysing our opposition in great detail and then the average fan who has no football credentials whatsoever describes their actions as utterly baffling, Mmmmm.

I assume they saw something that we missed and accept it as such.

Quote from Carlos. 'Its easy to be coach after the game'

One of his better ones. No Lobster or shrimp and definitely no pork.

20 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Well done on naming an unchanged line up for as long as I can remember.

So why then start Lee left midfield? 

Utterley baffling.

Another silly tactical change that keeps happening is bringing Rhodes on upfront on his own. If this is what he wants to do to close a game out fair enough buy bring Nuhiu or Joao on then. It's not fair on Rhodes, it's not game and it's not helping him at all.

Was thinking the exact same thing last night. 

Rhodes is being used as a nuhiu. It's ridiculous.  

Guest RocketOwl
27 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Was thinking the exact same thing last night. 

Rhodes is being used as a nuhiu. It's ridiculous.  

That's probably the best way I've heard it described.

Jordan has been in the game long enough to know he's not a shoe in for the striker position

while ever fletch and hooper are producing the goods then he has to make do with being a bit part player until he gets his chance.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly want to  leave fletcher out of the team ......he scores goals , he's good in the air , he can hold the ball , he's pretty mobile and does the hard yards  , and he doesn't shirk the defensive duties .I think he's a top player at this level and would always be in my side no matter what formation we play .....

6 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Was the daftest logic I have seen on here in a long time.

With that logic, no manager would ever be under pressure either, as they know more then everyone else.

And there's no point sacking a manager to just replace one expert with another. Why sack Eustace and simply replace him with Atkinson who clearly saw the game the same way. Irvine has all the badges  - he should still be in charge. 

7 hours ago, tarn owl said:

First half was terrible, it looked like they hadn't scouted the opposition and Brentford loved our big pitch. They just stuck their wing backs on either touchline and sprayed the ball from side to side and outplayed us. we got very lucky to be at 1-1 at half-time. Negative

He gets them in at halftime and we come out and start pressing harder and playing more direct and much better tempo. Get the goal from just sheer pressure and then he changes the tactics to one up top to see the game out, Rhodes needs to develop better at playing as a lone man, but I think he did well in a difficult situation with Hooper and Fletcher needing to go off. Positive

Carlos isn't the best manager in the world, but he changed things and got the result. I'm sure there are better coaches out there, but there are some really bad ones too. So while the overall results are coming then happy with Carlos.

He isn't going to get faster and stronger at his age. 

21 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Well done on naming an unchanged line up for as long as I can remember.

So why then start Lee left midfield? 

Utterley baffling.

Another silly tactical change that keeps happening is bringing Rhodes on upfront on his own. If this is what he wants to do to close a game out fair enough buy bring Nuhiu or Joao on then. It's not fair on Rhodes, it's not game and it's not helping him at all.

Carlos has kept an unchanged side 4 times under his stewardship of the massive