LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

Guest everydays_wednesday
6 hours ago, Ryan the owl said:

You do realise just because they're interested it doesn't mean they'll get him? I'm interested in Michelle Keegan but I'm not getting her.

lol

TBH I wouldn't be too sure about that......I have heard she does a turn with a man who has a rough shag in a nice briar!!

2 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Don't try him and you won't know what he'll turn out like

What kind of logic is that?

It's like saying that you won't know if drinking bleach will do you harm unless you try it.

He's been playing week in week out at age group level.  Football coaches do actually know what they are doing on the most part.  If he was anywhere near ready he'd be there.  But he isn't.  If we're looking at loaning him to Rotherham or Chesterfield look at it like this, would you take a punt on playing one of their strikers in our first team?  You'd get laughed off the face of the planet if you suggested it.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

[snip]

Back on topic I think Hirst will be off and no party is to blame really

To maximise our chances of hanging on to our best prospects we need to be in the premier league and with a category 1 academy. Pretty sure we aspire to both these things but at this time we might not be able to hang on to Hirst. As Ash says, that's regrettable but I would confidently guess that nobody is a villain here. This is all just part of the game.

10 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

To maximise our chances of hanging on to our best prospects we need to be in the premier league and with a category 1 academy. Pretty sure we aspire to both these things but at this time we might not be able to hang on to Hirst. As Ash says, that's regrettable but I would confidently guess that nobody is a villain here. This is all just part of the game.

I think the club aim to eventually have a category 1 academy but when this will happen is anyone's guess?

The transfer window throws up blasts from the past with Diego De Girolamo turning up at Chesterfield. We heard he was going to be the next wonderkid but it hasn't exactly panned out for him. Hirst played at Cambridge and din't exactly pull any trees up or give the indication that he was worthy of a place in the first team. The club seem to have done the right thing with regards to his development and obviously a loan to a lower league club is the next stage of his development. But I'm sure if his name was Smith or Brown and his father was a mechanic from Handsworth then there wouldn't be this clamour for him. I would have rather have him at the club though at the expense of Nuhiu who wont get any better and doesn't really offer anything to the team. If he walks away from the club at the end of the season what will we entilted to? £500000 at the most?

Far too many 'experts' on this forum on George's ability, body strength, mental readiness etc, etc. We will never know the truth until Carlos throw's him into the ring, if he were a Liverpool or Man Utd prospect he would no doubt have been given a run, I wager that Leicester would play him within a couple of weeks of him settling in, what's so complicated Carlos, or is it DC?

17 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Far too many 'experts' on this forum on George's ability, body strength, mental readiness etc, etc. We will never know the truth until Carlos throw's him into the ring, if he were a Liverpool or Man Utd prospect he would no doubt have been given a run

Because every kid who ever joins the Academy at Man United or Liverpool gets a first team game?  Or is it just the ones that are ready and good enough?

It's debatable whether Hirst is even the best player in our academy side ( imo he isn't ) but because of his name he stands out and everybody is desperate for him to play.

If he was ready, or could add something to the team, he'd be in, but clearly he's not.

2 hours ago, Lee A said:

Because every kid who ever joins the Academy at Man United or Liverpool gets a first team game?  Or is it just the ones that are ready and good enough?

It's debatable whether Hirst is even the best player in our academy side ( imo he isn't ) but because of his name he stands out and everybody is desperate for him to play.

If he was ready, or could add something to the team, he'd be in, but clearly he's not.

It seems strange that two Premier League teams have shown serious interest in a Championship academy player who is not the best player in what is not known as as a top academy.