LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

It was just a figure to emphasise a point.

yeah but divvies pick up on that point and pretty soon it becomes fact

Owlstalk FACT anyway

^^ see above

8 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

CCs point blank refusal to either talk about or consider playing any of our development players will see

one of our best young players leave the club to develop his career at another club.

I have watched the development squad several times last season and IMO we have half a dozen lads who should be

given the opportunity to step up to the next level. But I am reconciled to the fact that

he is going to a more progressive football club who see youth development as the future and are willing

to give youth a chance, rather like our neighbours at S2.

Any way good luck to George Hirst I know Spurs , Everton , Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal have all been

looking at you.

Half a dozen development players in the 1st team squad. 

Utterly bonkers. They'd be a meltdown and rightly so.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It was 8k apparently

How insulting for a kid who has hardly had a kick in first team football and may or may not make the grade. Hope he didn't have an Ashley Cole moment and nearly crash his car....in fact is he even old enough to drive??

Just now, swfc1983 said:

How insulting for a kid who has hardly had a kick in first team football and may or may not make the grade. Hope he didn't have an Ashley Cole moment and nearly crash his car....in fact is he even old enough to drive??

hold up its not been confirmed as fact but doubtless will be soon , mind you could be just another look at me job you never know lol 

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Just keep guessing the figure and if Grandad doesn't tell us we're clueless then we've hit the spot.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It was 8k apparently

4 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

how do you know that 

I literally just made it up

Guest Deleted member
14 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

So if you know the financial matters of the club tell us! 

But of course you don't know but you can guess like every one else.

Ive never claimed to know the financial matters of the club?

However I was told how much Hirst was offered, and how tlong the deal was, and why it contributed to his Dad leaving the club by a former player and very good friend of Hirst

And it wasn't even a quarter of what players who have spent the whole summer playing with Hirst for England are getting. Hes just a big a prospect as the majority of them - and theres no wonder he thinks his next deal should be worth more.

Especially given his Dad never did get the chance to get that big pay day due to injury. There will be no one more aware than young (and old) Hirst that football can be over in an instant

Edited by Deleted member

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Half a dozen development players in the 1st team squad. 

Utterly bonkers. They'd be a meltdown and rightly so.

How many times have you watched the development squad play over a full 90 min?

Also, I said nothing about playing six youngsters in the first team all at the same time,

just introduce them onto the bench, give them a chance over 20 min or so before progressing

to a full 90 mins.

Finally, what's wrong with giving good energetic young lads a chance in the first team?

Guest Deleted member
Just now, outlaw pete said:

Also, I said nothing about playing six youngsters in the first team all at the same time,

just introduce them onto the bench, give them a chance over 20 min or so before progressing

to a full 90 mins.

Finally, what's wrong with giving good energetic young lads a chance in the first team?

They'll put words in your mouth. Standard defence mechanism.

1 minute ago, outlaw pete said:

to a full 90 mins.

Too much pressure on managers to take the risk, ours especially. Imagine the uproar if playing one of these lads cost us a win.

I ain't got a clue what the contract was the club offered to George, but whatever it was and the fall out from it is why Hirst snr is no longer at the club

he weren't sacked, he walked out of his own accord 

Edited by Guest