LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

So you suggest we offer whatever it takes to compete with the vultures circling then ?

I'm suggesting that to offer an insulting sum of money and then tell the lad that he won't be loaned or played until he accepts - was probably not the best approach

Just now, Grandad said:

I'm not advocating he should be getting a game

But to say we don't compete with silly wages when we have players like Emanuelson (last season), Abdi, Reach, Fletcher and more picking up ridiculous sums of money for the Championship is crazy.

hey, if you're happy to watch one of the very few Academy products walk away from us with us securing a tiny sum of money - thats your prerogative. I just think its a bit sad. regardless of his name

You have no idea what any of them are/were "picking up".

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Jeffers is the second all time goal scorer for England u21s

wouldn't get to excited lol

Alan Shearer was the top - good job you missed him in your analogy though

Just now, Grandad said:

I'm suggesting that to offer an insulting sum of money and then tell the lad that he won't be loaned or played until he accepts - was probably not the best approach

That depends on whether the offer was insulting or just where we are at as a club with what were prepared to pay for a kid against what the Prem League can pay , there is a big difference there and If Chansiri has decided to tighten the belt and look for young guys with League experience as our two new signings then I'm with him frankly 

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

That depends on whether the offer was insulting or just where we are at as a club with what were prepared to pay for a kid against what the Prem League can pay , there is a big difference there and If Chansiri has decided to tighten the belt and look for young guys with League experience as our two new signings then I'm with him frankly 

How many League games have our two new lads played?

Every player has to be given a chance to step up, whether that's George Hirst, Ryan Giggs or Mel Sterland.

Managed properly some will go on and play at the highest level others will fade away.

But I believe that you ought to have more faith in Wednesday Supporters who travel far and wide watching Wednesday,

we would support and encourage these young lads not crucify them.

54 minutes ago, BIG D said:

It's just typical of the way the game is going. He hasn't really achieved anything and if he was good enough then he would be in the first team now. Him and his Father holding the club to ransom, pretty disgusting really. 

Do you know that for a fact. Is David Hirst influencing his son. Where is it stated and proved by anyone he is. No where. Have Wednesday offered him an improved contract or no extension. Where is it stated that they have. No where As young George turned down a contract whether improved or not. Where is this stated. No where. So all the fannies on here who think they are in the know arn't. 

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Not like you to be pedantic but ok will humour you ..... just when I thought you could have a reasonable debate more fool me 

Oh, I'm sorry.  When you said

If Chansiri has decided to tighten the belt and look for young guys with League experience as our two new signings then I'm with him frankly 

I naturally assumed that our 2 new lads had league experience.

What did you actually mean then?

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Venancio - 115

Van Aken - 84

Just now, Dronowl66 said:

Stop spoiling his argument with facts for goodness sake 

I genuinely didnt know this

Who were they playing for?

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Oh, I'm sorry.  When you said

I naturally assumed that our 2 new lads had league experience.

What did you actually mean then?

Putting words in his mouth - standard defence mechanism when you can't form an argument.

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Sonny said:

Putting words in his mouth - standard defence mechanism when you can't form an argument.

They have no league experience.

Not in any of the leagues that matter. theyre untried foreign players.

Like everybody else - I will be delighted if they come good for us. But they have absolutely zero relevance to George Hirst and his future with the club