LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

We need to offer him a contract that he cant turn down . This lad is our future 

I suspect he wants a route into the first team squad - but we seem to prefer Nuhiu on the bench instead.

I understand what Nuhiu brings to the table, but I'd much rather keep Hirst happy and get him game time.

Problem is Nuhiu probably offers us a way of  helping defending a lead, so he's more valuable to Carlos in the short term. And football management is pretty short term, so I can see why Carlos does what he does in this respect. If I was Mr Chansiri though, my concern would be keeping hold of what could be a massive asset to his club in the longer term.

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We need to offer him a contract that he cant turn down . This lad is our future 

We should offer him what he would get elsewhere, then loan him out to get first team "savvy".

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Problem is Nuhiu probably offers us a way of  helping defending a lead, so he's more valuable to Carlos in the short term. And football management is pretty short term, so I can see why Carlos does what he does in this respect. If I was Mr Chansiri though, my concern would be keeping hold of what could be a massive asset to his club in the longer term.

I like probably in italics because, as you suggest, this is open to debate. 

I want to be optimistic about Hirst staying and ideally getting some game time on loan so he can develop his game and his physicality. Let's see what happens between now and tomorrow night before we are critical of the club.  However to lose two natural goalscorers in Hirst and Rhodes in one window just because we can't properly accommodate them in our playing style, would be downright poor.

Surely this cannot be this difficult for the club offer Hirst a few grand a week and sign him up to a 3 year deal. Then send him out on loan to Rotherham or Chessy for the season with a recall option at January if he is doing well.

If not then sell him on to the highest bidder with a 25% sell on clause ala Stones from Barnsley to Everton. Even if his contract ran down based on how long he has been with us and his potential we could get £5m + in compensation.

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Surely this cannot be this difficult for the club offer Hirst a few grand a week and sign him up to a 3 year deal. Then send him out on loan to Rotherham or Chessy for the season with a recall option at January if he is doing well.

If not then sell him on to the highest bidder with a 25% sell on clause ala Stones from Barnsley to Everton. Even if his contract ran down based on how long he has been with us and his potential we could get £5m + in compensation.

We could do with someone like you at S6.