LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

How many times have you watched the development squad play over a full 90 min?

Also, I said nothing about playing six youngsters in the first team all at the same time,

just introduce them onto the bench, give them a chance over 20 min or so before progressing

to a full 90 mins.

Finally, what's wrong with giving good energetic young lads a chance in the first team?

Tell me which six we're talking about and I'll tell you if I think owts wrong with it.

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He literally said half a dozen Dev squad players should be given a chance.

:wacko:

Where did he say all at the same time?

You see? words in his mouth.

Its the actions of someone who can't put a proper debate together.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I ain't got a clue what the contract was the club offered to George, but whatever it was and the fall out from it is why Hirst snr is no longer at the club

he weren't sacked, he walked out of his own accord 

It was because he thought being employed by the club and getting involved in contract negotiations on behalf of his son were a conflict of interest, he still attends games.

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Ive never claimed to know the financial matters of the club?

However I was told how much Hirst was offered, and how tlong the deal was, and why it contributed to his Dad leaving the club by a former player and very good friend of Hirst

And it wasn't even a quarter of what players who have spent the whole summer playing with Hirst for England are getting. Hes just a big a prospect as the majority of them - and theres no wonder he thinks his next deal should be worth more.

Especially given his Dad never did get the chance to get that big pay day due to injury. There will be no one more aware than young (and old) Hirst that football can be over in an instant

I get all that but I assume all the other kids playing for England are with bigger clubs? I also assume that his famous Dad couldn't get the pen in his hand fast enough a few years back when he originally signed for Wednesday? 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Where did he say all at the same time?

You see? words in his mouth.

Its the actions of someone who can't put a proper debate together.

We were just having a coversation until you decided to step in. 

He said give six players a chance, I said what! All at the same time, bonkers, he said no etc etc then you started going on about defence mechanisms. Bit weird really.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Too much pressure on managers to take the risk, ours especially. Imagine the uproar if playing one of these lads cost us a win.

So your plan like CCs is, bring in out of contract 30+ year old players who are well past thier sell by dates?

There is clearly a market value for up and coming young England International players, George feels he deserves the going rate but sadly is unlikely to get it at Hillsborough due to the fact his cohorts are generally playing for mega rich Premiership teams who will throw money at them.

Unfortunately it's a job / career for these lads and sentiment is playing less and less a part in the modern game. It's not like he graduated from working in a sausage factory or building site like some of the players of the past. I'd love to keep him and see the club develop him but considering the above it's probably time to put him to auction.... 

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I suspect he wants a route into the first team squad - but we seem to prefer Nuhiu on the bench instead.

I understand what Nuhiu brings to the table, but I'd much rather keep Hirst happy and get him game time.

Problem is Nuhiu probably offers us a way of  helping defending a lead, so he's more valuable to Carlos in the short term. And football management is pretty short term, so I can see why Carlos does what he does in this respect. If I was Mr Chansiri though, my concern would be keeping hold of what could be a massive asset to his club in the longer term.

Why do we always need to defend a lead ? Be positive get another goal , does my head in this keepie ball in the corners should be banned it's boring !! George Hirst is just not ready yet either !! 

Guest Deleted member
12 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

like I've said before,if he had a different surname,no one would care

Yeah the 12 goals for various levels of England teams and his ability to score great quantities of goals at all levels in his SWFC career make no difference whatsoever

Just now, Grandad said:

Yeah the 12 goals for various levels of England teams and his ability to score great quantities of goals at all levels in his SWFC career make no difference whatsoever

So you suggest we offer whatever it takes to compete with the vultures circling then ?

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

Whilst I would like him to stay we cant or wont compete with silly wage offers but that aside who does he replace in the squad and why ? that question to those advocating giving him a shot In the first team squad 

I'm not advocating he should be getting a game

But to say we don't compete with silly wages when we have players like Emanuelson (last season), Abdi, Reach, Fletcher and more picking up ridiculous sums of money for the Championship is crazy.

hey, if you're happy to watch one of the very few Academy products walk away from us with us securing a tiny sum of money - thats your prerogative. I just think its a bit sad. regardless of his name

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why do we always need to defend a lead ? Be positive get another goal , does my head in this keepie ball in the corners should be banned it's boring !! George Hirst is just not ready yet either !! 

It is simply a tactic Carlos seems to favour. Also, imagine being 2-0 up at Hillsborough against United, still attacking and come away with a 2-2 draw! It would be one massive meltdown and people would say "why didn't we defend the lead we had?" lol