LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

My heart bleeds for him , too many kids getting big bucks before they have proved anything. They should be cleaning first team players boots and mopping floors. Not down some show room picking some motor. If it's who will pay the biggest wage then I would certainly sell.

Rubbish. 

Football has moved on.

Re Hirst. Right club, wrong time. 

Just now, vulva said:

Rubbish. 

Football has moved on.

Re Hirst. Right club, wrong time. 

Yea of course it has with  loads of at best average players  getting obscene amounts of money.

Can't blame the players but all this money and it's trappings , causes a number of young players to never reach their potential, Imo.

Guest Deleted member
11 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

My heart bleeds for him , too many kids getting big bucks before they have proved anything. They should be cleaning first team players boots and mopping floors. Not down some show room picking some motor. If it's who will pay the biggest wage then I would certainly sell.

Aaaaand you're back in the room

giphy.webp

4 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Yea of course it has with  loads of at best average players  getting obscene amounts of money.

Can't blame the players but all this money and it's trappings , causes a number of young players to never reach their potential, Imo.

Don't disagree. But if my lad was in a similar situation, I'd tell him to chase the money. This bubble will burst. Make hay, etc  

Sadly I believe it's inevitable he's going.

Didn't Hirsty indicate ages ago in an interview that he regretted not accepting Fergie's call ? Short of adding "and I'm not letting our George make the same mistake" he couldn't have made his intentions clearer.

Though he's a Wednesday great, Hirsty is not on the 150th dinner list, not on the Dream Scene (so far as I recall) and has left his role at the Club. It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Right now we are a second tier Club for an unknown period of time. Hirsty wants his lad in the EPL on the relevant wages as soon as possible. I doubt even the Chairman can sort this one out, just get the most he can for the lad.

Edited by Magic Rat
Spelling error

2 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

Sadly I believe it's inevitable he's going.

Didn't Hirsty indicate ages ago in an interview that he regretted not accepting Fergie's call ? Short of adding "and I'm not letting our George make the same mistake" he couldn't have made his intentions clearer.

Though he's a Wednesday great, Hirsty is not on the 150th dinner list, not on the Dream Scene (so far as I recall) and has left his role at the Club. It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Right now we are a second tier Club for an unknown period of time. Hirsty want his lad in the EPL on the relevant wages as soon as possible. I doubt even the Chairman can sort this one out, just get the most he can for the lad.

The difference being he was in his prime, playing top level football. We all know of the kids who take the pay day, never to be seen again.

He's an absolute million miles away from being able to play in our first team regularly.  If he goes it's purely for the cash (which is fine if that's what he wants).  No doubt the standard of coaching at somewhere like Leicester will be a bit better than our set up but I'd question how much.  Can't think of many players who've come through their ranks in recent years.

I think we'd be stupid to offer him a massive contract.  We should see him for what he is, potential.  Offer him a contract in line with that potential (he's 2 years away minimum IMO) or we sell him with a big sell on clause.

Personally I'm getting fed up of a situation that seems to be holding the club to ransom.  Nobody is bigger than the club and if he isn't 100% then he can ply his trade elsewhere.  If he turns out to be the next Neymar then so be it, but the likelihood is he'll turn out to be a decent league 1 or 2 player.  

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

Guest Deleted member

I think the fact that Leicester is a Category 1 Academy would suggest that his development will be better there too

Guest Deleted member
3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

He's an absolute million miles away from being able to play in our first team regularly.

In your opinion

51 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Sell him, £3m 25% sell on fee!

With the way transfers are if he scores 15 goals in prem, someone will be silly enough to pay  £30m for him!

mmm £5m + 60% sell on fee. The potential is there and they get a good player for 3 years before passing him on

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I've not seen much academy football, but speaking to someone who knows his onions, the one that sticks out a mile is Sean Clare. 

Yep, he looked decent at Accrington too. We need a bit of energy in the middle, wouldn't hurt to stick him on the bench.

3 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

If Hirst wants to make bank, he needs to go to a premier league club.

Their business model for kids is very different - they can command significant loan fees and favourable terms on wages for loanees because loaning a Chelsea or Man City kid is a very different business from loaning a Wednesday kid.

There's no way we're going to compete with PL clubs on a new contract for a kid who is a way off being championship first team ready. Even the likes of Leicester wont care so much about that as we do, because they will be able to mitigate their investment as described above.

It's not an insult to offer him a contract that sensibly matches our strategy, even if his PL counterparts are making much more.

It's not a flounce for him to reject it because he thinks he can do better.

If he won't sign we'll try and flog him in the next window, with tribunal compo as the backup. This is what everybody expects to happen and nobody's having a meltdown about it except on here.

Post of the thread sir, well done and I was going to reply with something like the below 

3 hours ago, PopePiusX said:

The natural comparison is with David Brooks, I suppose; he went on loan to Halifax last season.

Brooks has just signed a new contract, I wonder if his is worth that of his England peers? Of course not, he knows that will come if he keeps working hard but the issue and frustration for Hirst is he's much further away from the first team.

I think Brooks will be off in January too, that's partly why he's involved for them so they command a bigger fee. They probably look at what they got for DCL vs what Everton paid Charlton for Lookman, only difference there was first team experience 

Back on topic I think Hirst will be off and no party is to blame really