LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID

Guest gibkevin

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

They have no league experience.

Not in any of the leagues that matter. theyre untried foreign players.

Like everybody else - I will be delighted if they come good for us. But they have absolutely zero relevance to George Hirst and his future with the club

Where did he say English league you daft old hypocrit?

31 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Tell me which six we're talking about and I'll tell you if I think owts wrong with it.

Can start with George Hirst, give me one reason why this season he has not once been given a place on the bench?

With a view to giving him a start? I have yet to see once when Nuhiu came on and changed the game.

Just now, Sonny said:

Where did he say English league you daft old hypocrit?

I didn't and the relevance to Hirst was a reference to a possible shift in the clubs financial plans going forward which would have a direct influence on any Hirst decision but he knows that full well

Just now, outlaw pete said:

Can start with George Hirst, give me one reason why this season he has not once been given a place on the bench?

With a view to giving him a start? I have yet to see once when Nuhiu came on and changed the game.

Because he has zero league experience in comparison to Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Rhodes and Winnall who are very good proven players. There's your one reason.

What about the other five?

Guest Deleted member

Ryan Sessegnon. Fulham

Zero league (even foreign) experience - 26 games last season. 17 yrs old.

Played for England at U16, U17 and U19 level - 26 appearances in all.

26 games. And now bids of over £25m received for him

Last season playing for a Fulham team that we only just pipped to the play offs. Looks like his manager trusted the player.

Notice on the list of ex players/managers attending the 150 years celebration that a certain david eric hirst name is absent. Lot been said why he left his role with the youngsters and hopefully it was just a conflict of interest and his lad signs on the dotted line.....if that was the case surely he would be at this event as a club guest....unless he has fallen out big time with those at the top

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Because he has zero league experience in comparison to Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Rhodes and Winnall who are very good proven players. There's your one reason.

What about the other five?

Just expain to me how a young lad gains experience if he is never picked ?

• Haha 1

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Clearly you don't or you wouldnt have said they sacked his dad

moved him, pushed him, got rid of him, sacked him same, and yes I do I have 4 kids 

If Hirst wants to make bank, he needs to go to a premier league club.

Their business model for kids is very different - they can command significant loan fees and favourable terms on wages for loanees because loaning a Chelsea or Man City kid is a very different business from loaning a Wednesday kid.

There's no way we're going to compete with PL clubs on a new contract for a kid who is a way off being championship first team ready. Even the likes of Leicester wont care so much about that as we do, because they will be able to mitigate their investment as described above.

It's not an insult to offer him a contract that sensibly matches our strategy, even if his PL counterparts are making much more.

It's not a flounce for him to reject it because he thinks he can do better.

If he won't sign we'll try and flog him in the next window, with tribunal compo as the backup. This is what everybody expects to happen and nobody's having a meltdown about it except on here.

• Like 1

Having been through various U-19 England squads, it seems that about 40% of them make it as pros. Being good at that level is no guarantee of anything, especially if, like Hirst, he's clearly physically more gifted than many of the same age.

I tend to trust the judgement of those closer to him.

We have to keep him. selling him to fucklng Leicester just can't be allowed to happen.

Most Wednesday fans hold Hirst senior as the best striker they have seen in a Wednesday shirt.

The thought of watching another Hirst develop through the ranks and on the pitch is the stuff of our dreams.

If we have to watch him get into the england team being a Leicester player it would be devastating.

Sort it out DC..

9 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

The natural comparison is with David Brooks, I suppose; he went on loan to Halifax last season.

Got his head down and deserves his place in their starting line up by the sounds. I bet he's on no more than Hirst 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Ive never claimed to know the financial matters of the club?

However I was told how much Hirst was offered, and how tlong the deal was, and why it contributed to his Dad leaving the club by a former player and very good friend of Hirst

And it wasn't even a quarter of what players who have spent the whole summer playing with Hirst for England are getting. Hes just a big a prospect as the majority of them - and theres no wonder he thinks his next deal should be worth more.

My Especially given his Dad never did get the chance to get that big pay day due to injury. There will be no one more aware than young (and old) Hirst that football can be over in an instant

My heart bleeds for him , too many kids getting big bucks before they have proved anything. They should be cleaning first team players boots and mopping floors. Not down some show room picking some motor. If it's who will pay the biggest wage then I would certainly sell.