Joao

Guest RocketOwl

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

So we must be looking at a Championship side to sell him to. Therefore, we are presumably looking at another three months deal to get rid in January window or sell now.

What do you think his value is?

3-4 mill plus addons

Guest RocketOwl

Do we not feel Joao had been judged very quickly and cast to the side? Personally I see other strikers being afforded more patience from our fans and more playing time than he has ever been given.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I quite like what Joao can offer,but he's not getting a look in whilst everyone is fit.

As we currently have a clean bill of health I'd be tempted to try and fix him up with a loan deal until Christmas- preferably are championship level at somewhere he'll get some game time, so we can see if he's progressing.

Seemed to do ok at Blackburn, and he has the raw ingredients, so I think he's worth keeping on the books unless we get a good offer.

Not sure about this - if we wanted rid, and he's way down the pecking order, and his value is £3-4m, surely we should move him on for everyone's sake. 

40 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Do we not feel Joao had been judged very quickly and cast to the side? Personally I see other strikers being afforded more patience from our fans and more playing time than he has ever been given.

It doesn't matter what people on here think, Carlos has a certain way of playing that doesn't require either, strength or pace.

I can still see Lucas going out on loan before the month's out

A return to Portugal might be favourable - get some confidence back, and then see where he's at come January

I can also see Atdhe moving on this month too, assuming a deal can be struck

I think being part of the matchday squad is a way of keeping his value up

... might be wrong though  :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It doesn't matter what people on here think, Carlos has a certain way of playing that doesn't require either, strength or pace.

Agree about pace, but not strength - as Lord Snooty mentioned in another thread, Hooper is very strong in his hold up play; backing into centre halfs and Fletcher's quality is his strength.

One thing that has let Joao down for me is his strength.

Nuhiu will be on the bench for virtually all the away games.

Think Joao's time in a Wednesday shirt is up. Unless we sale a striker to finance other area's of the team. because as things stand Joao is 6th choice.

Edited by pazowl55

55 minutes ago, Animis said:

Agree about pace, but not strength - as Lord Snooty mentioned in another thread, Hooper is very strong in his hold up play; backing into centre halfs and Fletcher's quality is his strength.

One thing that has let Joao down for me is his strength.

Yes, I wasn't thinking of strength when it comes to Joao, more in midfield, where many have been calling for strong box to box, Carlton Palmer type. Unlike his compatriot, Mourinho, who has built his team shape on two 6-4 holding midfielders, and quick front players. Our centre backs aren't even particularly tall, and as for pace, out of 35 signings, how many have been quick?

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, I wasn't thinking of strength when it comes to Joao, more in midfield, where many have been calling for strong box to box, Carlton Palmer type. Unlike his compatriot, Mourinho, who has built his team shape on two 6-4 holding midfielders, and quick front players. Our centre backs aren't even particularly tall, and as for pace, out of 35 signings, how many have been quick?

I agree that we need a CP type of player. Whilst CP didn't have pace, he had relentless energy, similar to what Reach is starting to offer. Joao potentially has this, but I agree that CC possibly looks for something different up front.

9 minutes ago, Animis said:

I agree that we need a CP type of player. Whilst CP didn't have pace, he had relentless energy, similar to what Reach is starting to offer. Joao potentially has this, but I agree that CC possibly looks for something different up front.

There aren't many who could live with Carlton over 40 yards.  Carlton's runs came from deep into the channels so he invariably dragged a central midfielder or full back with him. He must have been a dream midfield partner. He did all the unrewarding stuff and created so much space for Sheridan, Wilson et al.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Give over, Carlos would sooner put the goal threat that is Big Dave on before Joao.

Dont know if you were in the crowd yesterday but if you were you would have been flabbergasted at 4m extra time when there had been zero stoppages and then they played 6m additional when Fulham made two subs changes at he same time and us one.

Like most I agree Big Dave offers little or no goal threat but like every other owl in the crowd yesterday it was brilliant to see him protect the ball in their are twice using up 2/3 mins all on his own. Like it or not he did what he was sent on for but yes we would all rather see a pure striker on the bench but let's not neg him for doing a job however small..

Edited by Copthorneowl

52 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Dont know if you were in the crowd yesterday but if you were you would have been flabbergasted at 4m extra time when there had been zero stoppages and then they played 6m additional when Fulham made two subs changes at he same time and us one.

Like most I agree Big Dave offers little or no goal threat but like every other owl in the crowd yesterday it was brilliant to see him protect the ball in their are twice using up 2/3 mins all on his own. Like it or not he did what he was sent on for but yes we would all rather see a pure striker on the bench but let's not neg him for doing a job however small..

Was n't there yesterday. But I have seen him do this on other occasions. Easy for others to knock the big lad. But I agree with you. He does that job well. 

Weirdly he is weak in the air for such a giant. But he is very good a protecting the ball on the floor. 

Holding on will always be required in certain matches this season. Purists may not like it, I don't enjoy it. BUT picking up 3 pts instead of 1 is always handy.