V. SETÚBAL EMPRESTA FREDERICO VENÂNCIO AO SHEFFIELD DE CARLOS CARVALHAL

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Our Portuguese signings to date have been ordinary

Sasso was French, but to be fair I don't think we can write off every player because others haven't set the world alight. There have been a fair few good Portuguese players knocking around the last 20 years.

5 minutes ago, poite said:

Of course I will support him. 

I never understand how a comment of "I'm not convinced" is interpreted as a declaration of hatred and opposition. 

Never have I ever said he won't be good.

There's being unconvinced and then there's your posts on the signing, 'desperation' and 'signing anyone' are hardly indicators you think he will be any good........

44 minutes ago, poite said:

Great stuff. Absolutely the right thing to go for an unknown Portuguese player. Particularly with all the success we've had with the previous ones.

37 minutes ago, poite said:

No. I'd rather we just signed the right player. Signing just anyone isn't the answer. 

Yeah yeah I know, Carlos has probably got years of knowledge about this guy and he might be good. Hopefully he is.

But as I said, judging by previous Portuguese imports I'm not convinced 

34 minutes ago, poite said:

Stupid comment. 

Just because we need a central defender doesn't mean we just want to sign anyone. 

I think you'll find that most are confused why we haven't spent money on a proven CB with the money we have thrown elsewhere.

31 minutes ago, poite said:

I never said he wasn't. 

I just said Im not convinced due to the recent track record of Portuguese signings. 

24 minutes ago, poite said:

Desperation?

20 minutes ago, poite said:

To be fair we've waited a long time for someone who's ambition was manifested. 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Sasso was French, but to be fair I don't think we can write off every player because others haven't set the world alight. There have been a fair few good Portuguese players knocking around the last 20 years.

Fair enough mate. I've just become a little cynical that this is the best we can come up with after apparently reviewing 200 CBs. The money has clearly dried up following our awful recruitment

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Fuckknows

How do you get away with swearing Funkhauser?  I wrote the word 5n@tch 3 times tonight  and it was edited ..

Ended up changing it for "bite"

Surely a bites worse than a 5na@tch? !!

On a lighter note   when is Larry getting his 5 wood back? I've had to edit again !!!

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

2 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

He was in the starting line up in the pre season friendly in Portugal. 

Anyone got any recollection of how he played. 

Didn't stand out and I kept an eye on him after hearing he was their best player. not that it means anything, no one played well.

Edited by sam1

12 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Former Benfica youth, former Portuguese U21. A development squad player at best. We have a full Portuguese international striker who isn't up to this level so I'm not convinced.

Whelmed under.

Gutted your not convinced.

• Haha 1

Sounds promising just hope we get this sorted and cleared and that he's fit and mentally ready for tomorrow. 

A positive step at least,still need another defender in but at least it looks like somethings are finally happening.