Whatever it takes...

1 hour ago, Fuzzy logics said:

DC said he would do whatever it takes...

Well it's time for him to put his bellex where his mouth is and thank CC for the past 2 seasons but go and get Heckingbottom in before it's too late.

Great tactically, great recruitment record, plays fast attractive attacking football and get's the best out of his players.

He's also an up and coming manager who has already tasted success at Hillsborough and knows the Club.

#whateverittakes

y o u    t o t a l   i d i o t.... when our club is aiming for the stars, some  less patient of our fans aim for the clouds......you chose to aim for concord park for a potential and unnecessary next manager!

Check this evenings results to remind you how unpredictable this league is...

Somebody phone an ambulace! ffs!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"That's the other thing. We have a ruling that our managers don't sign the players. Also were bringing in Brucie as director of football. He's already got another 6 strikers lined up for you. With 13 to pick from I expect goals! Though you might have to ask Fenando to play on the left"

Heckingbottom "Erm, I don't think Brucies head will fit into your new media office, It'll definately get stuck in that serving hatch thingy. Yeah I can deal with you making the signings and I'll shoe horn in 13 strikers as I like to play an expansive game...a very expansive game if we've got 13 of em on the pitch. Mardy arse Fernando is playing left back. roger him."

Edited by Walt
  • Haha 1

The potential new CB signing suggests Mr C still has faith in Carlos. Hopefully Carlos can get us back on track and flying up the table. After similar slow starts in the previous two seasons. But if things don't improve, eventually I would like us to go for Dean Smith or a up and coming coach on the rise from abroad. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

His player recruitment is second to none. The Dingles scouting network puts ours to shame. 

I don't know if the Barnsley recruitment is down to their manager but the scouting team I totally agree is one of the best in this league, but it's honed to finding players that can keep them in the division as they sell talent onwards. It's not necessarily adept to our needs but it certainly couldn't be worse.

It's academic anyway, employing any new manager on the basis that they have great player recruitment is irrelevant to us because currently the manager input in to transfers is minimal, changing the current transfer policy is probably the most critical and positive change we could make at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

y o u    t o t a l   i d i o t.... when our club is aiming for the stars, some  less patient of our fans aim for the clouds......you chose to aim for concord park for a potential and unnecessary next manager!

Check this evenings results to remind you how unpredictable this league is...

Somebody phone an ambulace! ffs!

I'll forgive you the personal insult as you've clearly spent too much time sat on your laptop wearing your rose tints listening to S-club rather than at S6.

Carlos has done all he can and I thank him for his contribution, but the team need new direction and leadership....the time has come to move on.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Different job, different pressures.

Dingle Farm.

"Keep us int division, lad. Dont get too used t'lads. Well be selling alt'players in January. You can spend a third orrit though on non league lads to replace em. Champion." 

Hillsborough 

"433 suits 90% of our players , but.....we've spent all our money on strikers and they need keeping happy.  One of  our wingers is a bit flouncy, you'll need to get ready for that.  We've only got two centre halves . However you handle it you'll be blamed. We have a massive but Bi-polar fanbase who'll sing your name before the game and scream for you to be sacked after it. 

50% of the squad is injured and we've spent all we can for now.

Oh, and we want promotion by a record points tally, or youll be gone at end of the season. Great to have you on board"

C3ZotqcXUAEDaRU.png

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

I don't know if the Barnsley recruitment is down to their manager but the scouting team I totally agree is one of the best in this league, but it's honed to finding players that can keep them in the division as they sell talent onwards. It's not necessarily adept to our needs but it certainly couldn't be worse.

It's academic anyway, employing any new manager on the basis that they have great player recruitment is irrelevant to us because currently the manager input in to transfers is minimal, changing the current transfer policy is probably the most critical and positive change we could make at the moment.

Both Barnsley and dare I say the Blunts academies both put oursome to shame until recently.

I remember working with Kyle Walkers uncle way back when and he used to rave on about kyle and said he would be a professional footballer in the premiership one day, of course I laughed as he was a pig, however he nailed it.

I've always thought for a major city and surrounding areas our youth scouting has been awful.

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would rather keep CC than Heckingbottom. It's okay these managers doing well and over achieving at little clubs but when they come to us when the expectation is higher it's a different story. 

Just to play devils advocate, successful managers often start at supposed 'little' clubs.

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just to play devils advocate, successful managers often start at supposed 'little' clubs.

Fair point and I agree with other teams but for some reason with us in recent years it hasn't worked out, people like Turner, Jewell (even though Bradford at the time where doing better than us) Wilson.