Whatever it takes...

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

..I mean, yeah, people aren't happy with/about Carlos. 

This will happen until things improve. 

I know. 

It's nearly as boring as some of the football we are serving up. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Different job, different pressures.

Dingle Farm.

"Keep us int division, lad. Dont get too used t'lads. Well be selling alt'players in January. You can spend a third orrit though on non league lads to replace em. Champion." 

Hillsborough 

"433 suits 90% of pur players , but.....we've spent all our money on strikers and they need keeping happy.  One of  our wingers is a bit flouncy, you'll need to get ready for that.  We've only got two centre halves . However you handle it you'll be blamed. We have a massive but Bi-polar fanbase who'll sing your bake before the game and scream for you to be sacked after it. 

50% of the squad is injured and we've spent all we can.  

Oh, and we want promotion by a record points tally, or youll be gone at end of the season. Great to have you on board"

Superb your lordship

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hillsborough 

"433 suits 90% of our players , but.....we've spent all our money on strikers and they need keeping happy.  One of  our wingers is a bit flouncy, you'll need to get ready for that.  We've only got two centre halves . However you handle it you'll be blamed. We have a massive but Bi-polar fanbase who'll sing your name before the game and scream for you to be sacked after it. 

50% of the squad is injured and we've spent all we can for now.

Oh, and we want promotion by a record points tally, or youll be gone at end of the season. Great to have you on board"

DC - "oh, and we'll give you £6M to spend in the next 2 weeks and we'll pay you £1M pa"

PH - "where do I sign..."

#whateverittakes

4 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Hmmm wasn't like that when I lived in Dodworth.

Doddorth, you say? We call it Dodworth as we're posh. And I can't 100% vouch for it as I don't live there but i did hear it had gone more upmarket after a dreadful household of Owls left a few years ago. lol

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dingle Farm.

"Keep us int division, lad. Dont get too used t'lads. Well be selling alt'players in January. You can spend a third orrit though on non league lads to replace em. Champion." 

Hillsborough 

"433 suits 90% of our players , but.....we've spent all our money on strikers and they need keeping happy.  One of  our wingers is a bit flouncy, you'll need to get ready for that.  We've only got two centre halves . However you handle it you'll be blamed. We have a massive but Bi-polar fanbase who'll sing your name before the game and scream for you to be sacked after it. 

Loved this post. Echoes a lot of people's sentiments but in a fun way. Refreshing to read after some of the poison. 

Just now, Almat said:

Doddorth, you say? We call it Dodworth as we're posh. And I can't 100% vouch for it as I don't live there but i did hear it had gone more upmarket after a dreadful household of Owls left a few years ago. lol

Doduth as I were forced to say yes. It's got some decent restraunts now. It only had Brooklands, a Barnsley Chop with Dickie Birds name on it when I was there sorry theer.  Still my ex Barnsley lass was up for everything so it had its a compensations.

lol

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dingle Farm.

Hillsborough 

Heckingbottom "No problem, sell a couple of strikers, move on the dead wood. I've seen a couple of young centre backs playing for the Dog and Duck up in Barrow who'd step up no problem. Got me eye on two flying wingers who are turning out for Crow Edge under 18's...they'd wee wee this league. Center Mids...loads of 'em if you know where to look...they aren't over 30 year old mind and they like to pass the ball forward...would that be a problem? Need about 75 grand for the lot of em and some hardly used tracksuits, not soiled if possible.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Walt said:

Heckingbottom "No problem, sell a couple of strikers, move on the dead wood. I've seen a couple of young centre backs playing for the Dog and Duck up in Barrow who'd step up no problem. Got me eye on two flying wingers who are turning out for Crow Edge under 18's...they'd wee wee this league. Center Mids...loads of 'em if you know where to look...they aren't over 30 year old mind and they like to pass the ball forward...would that be a problem? Need about 75 grand for the lot of em and some hardly used tracksuits, not soiled if possible.

"Know what your saying Hecky,  but... no one wants our strikers. They are on mammoth wages, pick up injuries like a fresher week student picks up herpes , and they don't score many. 

We can't sign any players from the non league sadly. 

Don't shake your head,  hear me out. There's thee reasons for it.

Firstly , the fans won't wear it. They think we're "better than that". I know, I know, but that's how they think. 

Secondly they think that any signings have to have to have played in the Premier or Championship and they must be people they have heard of without having to Google them. Yes, I used the Martin Taylor line but they still want names.

Thirdly. ..well, there's these Portuguese business men who control the careers of all the kids on our youth books, and they say we have to bring in at least one of their players in from the Primeira league every year or they're going to stary touting our kids around all the Prem academies.

The centre midst. ...I think we could do for you. Except.....we don't have any tracksuits as none of the new stock has arrived yet"

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Know what your saying Hecky,  but... no one wants our strikers. They are on mammoth wages, pick up injuries like a fresher week student picks up herpes , and they don't score many. 

We can't sign any players from the non league sadly. 

Don't shake your head,  hear me out. There's thee reasons for it.

Firstly , the fans won't wear it. They think we're "better than that". I know, I know, but that's how they think. 

Secondly they think that any signings have to have to have played in the Premier or Championship and they must be people they have heard of without having to Google them. Yes, I used the Martin Taylor line but they still want names.

Thirdly. ..well, there's these Portuguese business men who control the careers of all the kids on our youth books, and they say we have to bring in at least one of their players in from the Primeira league or they're touting our kids around. 

The centre mid. ..I think we could do for you. Except...we don't have any tracksuits as none of the new stock has arrived yet"

Hecky "Fat head Brucey will take the strikers, he loves a signing does that lad, leave their chairman to me if he starts writing emojies and dollar signs for no apparent reason. I'll sort the lunatic.

Pah, your paying too much attention to all the internet and social media geeks, proper Wednesdayites don't use such stuff. I'll sign players from Penistone Church and turn them into world beaters, just you watch.

These Portuguese lads, bring em down t' Cud'uth Club, we'ill sort em. Can they lake at Crib? 15-2 15-4 and a pairs six...Martin Tyler got took for 3 nicker just the other week, wont 'appy.

Yeah you've got me on the trackies"

4 minutes ago, Walt said:

Hecky "Fat head Brucey will take the strikers, he loves a signing does that lad, leave their chairman to me if he starts writing emojies and dollar signs for no apparent reason. I'll sort the lunatic.

Pah, your paying too much attention to all the internet and social media geeks, proper Wednesdayites don't use such stuff. I'll sign players from Penistone Church and turn them into world beaters, just you watch.

These Portuguese lads, bring em down t' Cud'uth Club, we'ill sort em. Can they lake at Crib? 15-2 15-4 and a pairs six...Martin Tyler got took for 3 nicker just the other week, wont 'appy.

Yeah you've got me on the trackies"

"That's the other thing. We have a ruling that our managers don't sign the players. Also were bringing in Brucie as director of football. He's already got another 6 strikers lined up for you. With 13 to pick from I expect goals! Though you might have to ask Fenando to play on the left"

50 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Doduth as I were forced to say yes. It's got some decent restraunts now. It only had Brooklands, a Barnsley Chop with Dickie Birds name on it when I was there sorry theer.  Still my ex Barnsley lass was up for everything so it had its a compensations.

lol

I live just round the corner from Dickie Bird. I was born and bred in Sheffield too but chose to move to 'tarn.