Team v QPR (forget Chessie)

We have a very good squad & there a numerous line up permutations that can achieve results against anybody in this division when the tactics give them the licence to attack & impose themselves against the opposition.

It won't matter what the line up is if the game plan is to stroll about, playing slow backwards & sideways passes between the back four & the deep seated midfield players. Eventually we get closed down & lump it forward or get dispossessed in dangerous areas.

unless Reach plays left back , theres no need to change the defence Pudil was as good as anyone today, thats not to say anyone was good. The midfield let us down , no width  no pace and Pearson bossed us again horrible little git but does a job.

Really hoping for a couple of signings

Go on I'll play at manager!

With the squad  we currently have, assuming we don't sign anyone (one can hope)

Westwood 

Hunt

Lees

Loovens 

Reach

Boyd

Abdi

Hutchison

Fessi

Rhodes

Fletcher

Don't really rate any of our LB'S think Pudil has lost a few yards and Fox hasn't covered himself in too much glory when played. So would stick Reach there mainly for his engine.

Would hope Abdi would create some chances/pull the strings.

Fessi plays better on the left. Plus wouldn't lump it up to him to try and win headers against CB's

Rhodes proven that he plays better with a "big man" along side him.

What I am getting from this thread is that we are all (mostly it appears) saying Carlos is wrong in his team selection.

But barely 2 of us can agree on a team that should be starting, so it's obviously not as simple as we are all stating.

Most people seem to think that part of the problem is Fessi up front when he should be played on the left.

The original post states that he should be up front and with a striker that has barely started for us and didn't appear to do that well on loan.

Maybe just maybe Carlos has learned a lesson today and 1 game is a little early to sack a manager.

But even though I do like the fellow if he doesn't change things quickly he will have to go.

We cannot afford to wait till Christmas and find we are 15 points adrift.

Edited by Hawkowl

8 minutes ago, Ottewell84 said:

Go on I'll play at manager!

With the squad  we currently have, assuming we don't sign anyone (one can hope)

Westwood 

Hunt

Lees

Loovens 

Reach

Boyd

Abdi

Hutchison

Fessi

Rhodes

Fletcher

Don't really rate any of our LB'S think Pudil has lost a few yards and Fox hasn't covered himself in too much glory when played. So would stick Reach there mainly for his engine.

Would hope Abdi would create some chances/pull the strings.

Fessi plays better on the left. Plus wouldn't lump it up to him to try and win headers against CB's

Rhodes proven that he plays better with a "big man" along side him.

Interesting, have we seen Fletcher alongside Rhodes in a two yet. I can't recall?

Guest The Horse

The team should be made up of any players that aren't (in Carlos' own words) nervous to play.
So that's probably the entire U-23 squad.

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Boyd

Abdi

Lee

Fessi 

Hooper

Rhodes 

We need creativity and drive in the midfield , and only Abdi and Lee give us that 

This is the best team - a much more positive midfield and our best two strikers hopefully getting the service from that midfield.

4 hours ago, Owling said:

I'm starting to think Rhodes is bobbar, he needs it on a plate.

He needs fuuuuucking service.

ITS WHAT HE THRIVES ON.

Only SWFC could take someone as prolific as JR and absolutely demoralise the guy.

Its an absolute joke. 

It don't matter what team, make no difference whatsoever, the tactics will be the same. Already bad vibes, it will be tough against qpr and will get worst.

Can't see anything but a boring draw, the writin is on the foookin wall.

But then it will be only 2 games in...plenty of time

Westwood

Hunt

Hutch

Lees

Pudil

Boyd

Abdi

McGugan

Forestieri

Joao

Winnall

Wallace Lee and Hooper the subs to change things.

Deliberately random - QPR will never predict that!

lol

Everyone has different ideas about the team and what it should be. I never expected today's line up. We can though always predict CC will fall back on the play off final side. 

I have a crazy idea :rolleyes:

Centre Midfield is the problem - If there's no Lee we are stuffed.

Hutchinson - is to defensive never passes the halfway line, apart from corners. He is played as a third centre back. 

Jones - as above, not as mobile but does have a presence.

Bannan - always looking to find a player but there's no one running from midfield leaving four players (opponents 2 mid and 2 centre backs)marking our two strikers.

Albi - is injured to much, which is a worry. 

My idea would be to try Liam Palmer midfield (not to many negs please). Not for his skill but his ability to run tirelessly up and down the pitch pulling other teams midfields out of sync, This would leave 2 strikers more time and the ability to create space for themselves against one defender instead of two.

I.e bannan has the ball, Palmer makes the run, opponents midfield track him, Leaving more options to move up the pitch and create space.If we lose the ball Palmer has a good engine to run back and help.

So I would try this - 

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Boyd

Bannan

Liam Palmer

Fessi

Winnal 

Rhodes

thoughts?

P.s I am not Liam Palmer 

Edited by Smarties

One game in and so many already going for lone striker line-ups. Despite only Fletch being remotely suited to it.

Westy

Hunt

Loovens

Lees

Reach (really is he worse than Pudil?)

Boyd

Lee

Bannan (we absolutely do not need Hutch or any CDM v QPR)

FF

Hooper

Rhodes

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

He needs fuuuuucking service.

ITS WHAT HE THRIVES ON.

Only SWFC could take someone as prolific as JR and absolutely demoralise the guy.

Its an absolute joke. 

Only Carlos.