Team v QPR (forget Chessie)

Westwood 

Lees.       Hutch.     Loovens

Lee.            Bannan

boyd.         Nando.     Reach

Hooper    Winnall 

never going to happen like. 

I really hope we have a couple of new players in the squad for this game. I want Rhodes and Hooper to start up top, although CC seems to be gradually turning one of the best goalscorers in the league (Rhodes) in to a player looking a complete shadow of the player he can be. Play or sign a player that can create chances for him. 

2 hours ago, Random Task said:

I can't believe I am seeing so many 442s when we have already tried pretty much every combination of 442 and looked turgid. 

If Carlos wants to keep his job, he has to do more than shuffle the deckchairs, the tactics aren't working and we need to do something about it. 

For me it'd be

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Lee

Hutchinson

Boyd

Abdi

Forestieri

Hooper

I've been advocating a change of system to accommodate 3 midfielders. If it is to the 4-2-3-1 system, I cannot disagree with your team but I would have Reach in at left back instead of Fox as he could provide the width up the left flank as his main asset is his energy.  I think the above team would be good to watch. I'd like a pace option instead of Boyd tho as we badly need it.

It does make a mockery of our recruitment tho - Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Dave and Joao not in the team.

1 hour ago, Andy30 said:

we have two options pudil and fox not seen enough of fox as yet . The best we played over past 2 years is with pudil and fessi down the left. He has lost some pace but he is still the only solid lb we have at the club.  If it was me I'd be going 

Westwood 

hunt  lees loovens pudil

wallace hutch abdi  Boyd/fessi

hooper winnall

carnt see how how winnall isn't getting near squad when only one with abit of pace. 

I fully agree that the best we have played with Pudil/FF down the left.

Wouldn't argue with that at all.

Westwood

Lees   Hutchinson  Loovens

Hunt                                                    Reach

Lee      Bannan 

Forestieri

Hooper           Rhodes

Pleeeeeeaaaaaaassseee.

Looking forward after the very little or non-existent attacking play in the play-off's and in the opening game of this season.

Two home games on the spin in the League, should be a perfect opportunity to get a reaction, prove us wrong and set the team up more attack minded and balanced.

Whatever line up Carlos chooses, just please make it more balance and attacking. The negative football is only nullifying our own attackers. Create more and we'll score more.

Come on Carlos, you can sort it out, quit being so stubborn and bring back the attacking and pressing football that entertained us in your first season.

Westwood

Hunt.       Lees.           Loovens.         Pudil

Lee.   Hutchinson.   Bannan

Hooper.                                 Fessi

Rhodes

wildsmith. , reach, jones,  abdi, Boyd, Wallace, fletcher

Really really want CC to try something other than his stale 442, I could fantasise all day about how i'd like to see us lineup but something realistic might be;

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutchinson

Reach

Abdi

Jones

Wallace

FF

Matias

Fletcher

Wallace/Hunt is our best right sided combination as far as I'm concerned, Boyd needs to work his way into the side because Wallace has been excellent these last two seasons, plus he is our best crosser of the ball. I just want to see Matias because he's fast and will at least try and take people on although I might be clutching at straws, if it doesn't work just bring on Boyd or move up Reach after 60mins. Fletcher is our best lone striker - holds the ball up very well and vastly experienced, FF is the type of striker who plays better when he's the main man anyway, so i'd let those two lead the line. Get rid of Bannan, just want to see what Abdi can do, might be better might be worse but worth the risk because i'm certain he has more attacking quality than BB. Dropping Hutchinson back to CB gives us much needed quality building from the back and with Jones in midfield we won't lose any of our grit. Reach at LB is a better attacking option than anyone else so i'd do that and tell him to get forward as much as possible.

Would maybe swap Lee for Jones if he was fit and we're at home.

On paper I think we look a little thin, but if we focus our play out wide like we did for most of the 15-16 season, allowing our wider players to cut inside and create space for FF/Abdi would be dangerous. 

Edited by Lionel Fessi

The team needs to have Bannan not in it

He must be the least deserving omnipresent individual in the squad putting in sub-par performance after sub-par performance yet to much bemusement continuing to be seemingly first name on the teamsheet

Midfielders at this level can typically do two of three things: Pass, shoot, tackle. 

Our Baz can do but one of those things, and even then he can't do much damage with that passing skill if he's doing it exclusively 50 yards or further from the goal we're attacking. 

The sooner undeserving individuals are dropped, the better we'd be for it. How Pudil is first choice LB after a solid preseason for Fox I'll never know either.