Team v QPR (forget Chessie)

12 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

When I saw the lineup today I despaired I expected the performance if not necessarily the result 

if lee isn't available we must play abdi and if he plays well he should stay in FF should play wide left and we should play two proper out and out strikers I would go

westwood

hunt

lees

hutch

reach

boyd

abdi

jones

FF

hooper

fletcher

i would have Rhodes winnall Wallace palmer loovens bannan and wildsmith on the bench 

carlos needs to go for it for his and our sake 

You know abdi was unfit right?

9 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Reach aint a left back for me,  can't tackle for a start 

Cant tackle and cant cross or beat a man 

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Reach aint a left back for me,  can't tackle for a start 

Despite the fact I've put him in my team at left back, I tend to agree with you, and I was saying it all last season.

Unfortunately though, Pudil looked like he was running in concrete boots today, and Fox is steady at best. At least with Reach at left back it gives us a bit more athleticism and perhaps attacking intentions.

For me it all depends if Lee / Abdi are fit. 

If not, we need Hooper at 10 and FF out wide, no other creativity. At least if FF on the wing, marking Bannan out the game gives extra space for FF and Hooper. 

If Abdi is fit I'd play him instead of Bannan and keep Reach on wing to add extra energy next to Abdi. Save FF for impact sub. 

I'd bring Fox in for Pudil and any of Rhodes, Fletch and Winall up front with Hooper. 

Westwood

Hunt       Lees      Hutchinson  Reach

Abdi      Lee      Bannan   

Boyd    Forestieri 

Rhodes

I can't believe I am seeing so many 442s when we have already tried pretty much every combination of 442 and looked turgid. 

If Carlos wants to keep his job, he has to do more than shuffle the deckchairs, the tactics aren't working and we need to do something about it. 

For me it'd be

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Lee

Hutchinson

Boyd

Abdi

Forestieri

Hooper

9 minutes ago, Random Task said:

I can't believe I am seeing so many 442s when we have already tried pretty much every combination of 442 and looked turgid. 

If Carlos wants to keep his job, he has to do more than shuffle the deckchairs, the tactics aren't working and we need to do something about it. 

For me it'd be

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Fox

Lee

Hutchinson

Boyd

Abdi

Forestieri

Hooper

Agreed mate. But he won't. We're stuck with 4-4-2 under this manager unfortunately.

Agree with those who say we need to ditch this hybrid 442 system that Carlos has devised. Teams know exactly how to completely shut us down as an attacking threat. 

Doesn't look like it will happen though so I'd go back to the early days of Carlos' reign.

Hunt  Lee  Loovens  Fox 

Wallace Lee Hutch Bannan

Joao FF

Pudil's done, so Fox in for him. 

Go back to pressing high and hunting in packs.

13 hours ago, scram said:

I know CC won't play such a formation but i'd go (all being available....)

KW

Hunt        Lees      Loovens     Reach

Lee                     Hutch

Wallace                Abdi                 FF

Hooper

Fullbacks aren't the strongest but we're not blessed there and that would be the potential downfall - huge potential for interchange with a front 4 (5 if we include Lee) - a back 5/6 to stay robust

Sue me...                 

I agree.

i think I'd go with Boyd instead of Wallace.

Id think carefully about Fletcher instead of Hooper but I am not decided either way.

For starters winnall needs  to be in the squad but clueless Carlos seems to have forgot he exists .

having said that it doesn't matter who plays, the drab tactics will be the same. At best we will limp to a draw and listen to some inane drivel from our leader after the match.

Re Rhodes, I refuse to slag him off. The only thing I'd say to criticise him would be 'why the hell did you come here you clown' 

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Westwood

Hunt       Lees      Hutchinson  Reach

Abdi      Lee      Bannan   

Boyd    Forestieri 

Rhodes

Hahahaha you'll be lucky . Whilst that is obviously a good set up, not a cat in hells chance he will be that brave 

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Because we have 3 choices.

Pudil - too slow by far. 

Fox - one day good, next day dreadful

Reach - nowhere near perfect, but learning the role, steady, great engine, fast.

we have two options pudil and fox not seen enough of fox as yet . The best we played over past 2 years is with pudil and fessi down the left. He has lost some pace but he is still the only solid lb we have at the club.  If it was me I'd be going 

Westwood 

hunt  lees loovens pudil

wallace hutch abdi  Boyd/fessi

hooper winnall

carnt see how how winnall isn't getting near squad when only one with abit of pace. 

Whatever the side is next week they must perform.

I am sure the usual favourites will be in there and the usuals on the bench with others is obscurity for whatever reason.

But if they play next week against QPR (who had a great win yesterday, so pleased for Holloway cos he is great) and like we did against Rangers then I think it all might start to get very messy very quickly for Carlos & Co.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I agree.

i think I'd go with Boyd instead of Wallace.

Id think carefully about Fletcher instead of Hooper but I am not decided either way.

I'd pick Hooper for his versatility and ability to interchange with a very fluid formation around him

I'll be honest - i've never been a big fan of Boyd - he's a steady-eddie type that will do the leg work but i don't think his productivity in a creative sense is high

I think we'd get much more end product from Wallace - he's a strange one really - never the most elegant but he does deliver. I like him