Steering group meeting

If DC actually turns up at all to this meeting (and doesn't send an Assistant instead), I'd be asking If we're somewhere close to breaching FFP Rules then spunking a whole £10M on Jordan Rhodes has to come close to gross incompetency from our Financial/Managerial Team? 

Guest Deleted member

Cam someone just ask straight out. Do you buy every box /sponsorship Board /hospitality package not sold due to the high prices to make up the income shortfall, and does that fit the FFP rules for Related Party Transactions - that will then stop all speculation and if he is doing so, he can receive the credit he deserves for doing it 

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Cam someone just ask straight out. Do you buy every box /sponsorship Board /hospitality package not sold due to the high prices to make up the income shortfall, and does that fit the FFP rules for Related Party Transactions - that will then stop all speculation and if he is doing so, he can receive the credit he deserves for doing it 

If this is a loophole in FFP rules do other clubs also do this?

10 minutes ago, NYO said:

If DC actually turns up at all to this meeting (and doesn't send an Assistant instead), I'd be asking If we're somewhere close to breaching FFP Rules then spunking a whole £10M on Jordan Rhodes has to come close to gross incompetency from our Financial/Managerial Team? 

Or you ćould ask how long he's prepared to persevere with a head coach that doesn't play to the strengths of the record signing he financed.

Things I'd like to know...

• have all the turnstiles now been converted to card only payments? (start of season approaching, good to know)

• what's going on with FPP, what are fans to expect with future transfers?

• IF the kit happens to be blue with white sleeves this season (more than likely) then is this a short term change? Will we see swfc in stripes in the coming seasons?

• what's going on with the commercial side of the club, the merchandise is poor, the megastore is a shambles and online store is terrible (look at prem teams). The kit release situation... well need a say more. Last club without a shirt.

• catering, is it likely to improve? Long waiting times and poor choice. 

• ground improvements, modernising and tidying up the ground. Toilet facilities and so on.

• communication between fans and chairman, can a better system be put into place. Fans feel like we are kept in the dark.

Thanks MrTaco.

31 minutes ago, NYO said:

If we had gone up you would have been bragging to your united mates what an astute owner DC is, undertaking such a financial decision. 

34 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd like to know this too, however could it be that even if it was the case, his advisors/legal team would advise him to keep that out of the public eye and deny it, just because I'm sure the FL would frown upon him buying all our boxes to get around FFP. 

Even if technically he's doing nothing wrong buying them, maybe he just wouldn't want it out in the public. Dunno just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I'd like to know this too, however could it be that even if it was the case, his advisors/legal team would advise him to keep that out of the public eye and deny it, just because I'm sure the FL would frown upon him buying all our boxes to get around FFP. 

Even if technically he's doing nothing wrong buying them, maybe he just wouldn't want it out in the public. Dunno just a thought. 

There'd be nothing FL could do about it. Doesn't matter who buys the boxes, thats all income to the club and it doesnt matter where it comes from just so long as its an official source

43 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If he can do that, can he buy any un-sold seats at every home game? If so, does he?

Guest Deleted member

Could someone attending tonights meeting ask the Chairman why, if he doesnt like stripes, we have gone with a striped away kit?

Thanks