Steering group meeting

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Could someone attending tonights meeting ask the Chairman why, if he doesnt like stripes, we have gone with a striped away kit?

Thanks

That's just the thing, I don't think he ever has said he "doesn't like stripes" 

It has become another myth like the "he promised us promotion in 2 years" one. 

And also, the very fact he has gone with stripes for the away kit surely shows he doesn't "hate stripes" 

Edited by RichieB

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

And also, the very fact he has gone with stripes for the away kit shows hes doesn't "hate stripes" 

I couldn't givashit if he likes stripes or not. Simple fact is we don't play in stripes any more. And we bloodywell should.

I don't really like red, but if I bought man u I wouldn't change their kit.

5 minutes ago, RichieB said:

And also, the very fact he has gone with stripes for the away kit surely shows he doesn't "hate stripes" 

He said he didn't like stripes. It's not a myth. 

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Can you prove it? 

Would appreciate a link with DC quoted saying "I don't like stripes" 

Thanks. 

From minutes of steering committee after last year's kit was released.

DC openly said that he doesn�t like stripes but wasn�t prepared to completely take away the stripes as its part of the tradition of the club. He said that the design was something that was decided after speaking to supporters as well as other people in the club. The kit was chosen based on looking at historical Wednesday kits, just like the club crest was.

Just now, rickygoo said:

DC openly said that he doesn�t like stripes but wasn�t prepared to completely take away the stripes as its part of the tradition of the club. He said that the design was something that was decided after speaking to supporters as well as other people in the club. The kit was chosen based on looking at historical Wednesday kits, just like the club crest was.

So we're relying on what someone said that DC said in a steering group meeting, how is that proof again? 

If I told you i have been to all the steering group meetings and he never said he doesn't like stripes, would you believe me? 

4 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Can you prove it? 

Would appreciate a link with DC quoted saying "I don't like stripes" 

Thanks. 

I seem to recall him saying that and used it to fight the moaners (Rickygoo mainly).

Namely, if it's your club and you have invested millions then you're entitled to have the kit of your choice.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

DC openly said that he doesn't like stripes but wasn't prepared to completely take away the stripes as its part of the tradition of the club. He said that the design was something that was decided after speaking to supporters as well as other people in the club. The kit was chosen based on looking at historical Wednesday kits, just like the club crest was.

What's the problem? We'll have stripes again one day.

Just now, RichieB said:

So we're relying on what someone said that DC said in a steering group meeting, how is that proof again? 

If I told you i have been to all the steering group meetings and he never said he doesn't like stripes, would you believe me? 

It was a contemporaneous report from somebody on Owlsonline sympathetic to the whole Chansiri project.

No reason not to believe it but you can doubt it if you will. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

It was a contemporaneous report from somebody on Owlsonline sympathetic to the whole Chansiri project.

No reason not to believe it but you can doubt it if you will. 

As you can believe it if you will. See how it's not proof though? Still waiting on that direct DC quote.....

Just now, RichieB said:

As you can believe it if you will. See how it's not proof though? Still waiting on that direct DC quote.....

The club don't release their own minutes of the meeting. It was part of a comprehensive account. I do indeed choose to believe it.

Just now, rickygoo said:

The club don't release their own minutes of the meeting. It was part of a comprehensive account. I do indeed choose to believe it.

So you can't prove it then? Thanks that cleared that up. 

I know what it was I remember reading it, again, not proof. 

Guest Deleted member
12 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Image result for clutching straws