A House Divided Cannot Stand

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I look at it like this...

First season.

We were a bit to attacking, which worked wonders against teams who set up the same, as quality prevailed. but we didn't have the tactics or the quality to beat the teams better than us and we didn't have the fight for the smaller clubs who sat back.

Second season. 

With the first season in mind Carlos adapts the tactics to make us more robust, but in doing so we lose all our attacking prowess. this does indeed allow us to go to big teams and get results, however our negative brand of not losing football matches spreads throughout the sqaud and rather then going and winning matches we are happy sitting back and not losing them.

Third season.

We take the attacking approach from the first season and the defensive approach from the second and hey presto.

In a perfect world that would happen - but that isn't reality.

There will be even more pressure in CC to succeed and I see us being very similar to last season.

More teams will know what to expect and act accordingly..he has to start getting the best out of Rhodes etc - wasted here at the moment.

Not convinced we we will be as lucky and thus not as successful.

I may be wrong, but I think CC's luck will run out and he will be gone by before the seasons end.

A huge amount will depend on who we sign and if he can get this team to play to 80%+ of its potential rather than around 60% which is what it did for long periods last term.  

It's going to be interesting ..

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

There will be even more pressure in CC to succeed and I see us being very similar to last season.

More teams will know what to expect and act accordingly..he has to start getting the best out of Rhodes etc - wasted here at the moment.

I may be wrong, but I think CC's luck will run out and he will be gone by before the seasons end.

A huge amount will depend on who we sign and if he can get this team to play to 80%+ of its potential rather than around 60% which is what it did for long periods last term.  

Fine margins between us going up both seasons. Carlos will get it right this time around.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

You've got to be lucky to have one of the best win ratio's of any wednesday manager lol As for being gone before the season ends you've said that for the last two season's..your name's not Nostradamus  by any chance lol 

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I look at it like this...

First season.

We were a bit to attacking, which worked wonders against teams who set up the same, as quality prevailed. but we didn't have the tactics or the quality to beat the teams better than us and we didn't have the fight for the smaller clubs who sat back.

Second season. 

With the first season in mind Carlos adapts the tactics to make us more robust, but in doing so we lose all our attacking prowess. this does indeed allow us to go to big teams and get results, however our negative brand of not losing football matches spreads throughout the sqaud and rather then going and winning matches we are happy sitting back and not losing them.

Third season.

We take the attacking approach from the first season and the defensive approach from the second and hey presto.

There's that phrase again. Order the paint for West Stand roof lol

58 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You've got to be lucky to have one of the best win ratio's of any wednesday manager lol As for being gone before the season ends you've said that for the last two season's..your name's not Nostradamus  by any chance lol 

..And for the last two seasons you've yet to post anything of any substance.

lol

Still there's always next season 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

14 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

This is the season for us...

For this club to get promotion we've all got a massive job to do.

We've got great fans. We must get behind DC, we must get behind CC and most of all we must get behind the players...all of them, all of the time.

If they're told by CC to pull on a blue and white (well blue) shirt then they are out there at the business end giving everything they've got for our club*

We have an outstanding manager and coaching staff who who took us to 6th last year and 4th this.

We have an outstanding squad of players and if we can add in key places then we're truly in with a chance.

If we can get off to a reasonable start this year then we're in with a real chance of automatic promotion.

We, the fans, must set aside opinions, beliefs and what we see as knowledge both on here and on matchdays and be 100% behind the whole club, be relentless vocally (even when it's tough going) and after each game, speak positively on here and other social media.**

Any whinge or whine is a pot shot at our own players and club...let's get behind them this year and let them feel the love.

*McGugan doesn't.

** Basically you want all the fans to be sycophants. It isn't going to happen other than in your utopian dreams. I'm all for getting behind the players when they are out on the pitch but there is no way I'm going to say someone had a great game when I believe he had a mare. That's my opinion/belief/ maybe knowledge and I'm going to express myself on here without fear or favour. Why on earth would I speak positively on Owlstalk and social media if something is obviously wrong.

A whinge or whine isn't a pot shot at our players...it's a whinge, you calling it something else doesn't make it so.

Please bear in mind that in the best of all possible worlds that you crave Owlstalk will shut down. If the only discussion allowed is....

'we played well'.

'no we didn't, we played really well'

'I say chaps I think you are most unfair , we were magnificent'.

donald trump's farts will fall off a cliff, there will be no point in Neil keeping the site open and we will all lose these discussion boards.

The mix of opinions amongst our fans generally and on Owlstalk specifically is what makes football so interesting. Stop that and we will all lose.

Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear but it is real life not some rose tinted dreamworld.

15 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

No, address points of concern, but do it constructively. Not everyone on here is a Wednesday fan, even though they might say they are. Trust no one 

Don't tell me, it's another conspiracy! Who is it to blame this time, the Tories, Trump, MSM, the Illuminati or all of them? lol

17 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

..And for the last two seasons you've yet to post anything of any substance.

lol

Still there's always next season 

Both seasons I've put my money where my mouth is and explained why...both times I've been right...where were you ? Missing in action a bit like SWFC who hasn't paid his bet to the Childrens Hospital...now that's real conviction for you

31 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Both seasons I've put my money where my mouth is and explained why...both times I've been right...where were you ? Missing in action a bit like SWFC who hasn't paid his bet to the Childrens Hospital...now that's real conviction for you

A stopped clock is right twice a day I suppose

21 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

Difference of opinion is the spice off life. If everyone thought like me we'd all be perfect and that would get boring quick

Damn! I've spent all this time believing that variety was the spice of life and now it turns out that difference of opinion is? 

Oh well; every day is a school day.