Carvalhal to Porto

If I were Chansiri I would be asking Carlos why he refused to play the players Chansiri bought for him.

Such a staggering waste of money. If we had bought players to actually strengthen the team we would be up now. 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

People underestimate the costs in replacing managers. 

If I were DC i'd take the view that CC has finished 4th and 6th, it's his squad, and to recruit a Pardew etc will cost a fortune both in terms of wage, and the inevitable overhaul of squad. 

As a business decision, it makes absolute sense to give Carlos one more shot at it. Some fans just like the idea of change, and the emotion of the whole situation needs stripping out. 

Managers cost less than star players and imo are more important than any one player at the club. Look at how much DC has spunked on that bench (and beyond) pn Wednesday night and I think you will find spunking out a few mill on a manager who can get us up is chicken feed.

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Porto is lovely.

He should visit Taylor's Port lounge. Delicious and cheap

And a few other places too. If you get that side of the river there is no telling what will happen. The Douro is wonderful too. And more even Port, hic, can be hash theres too.....hic!

I didn't realise how much French influence Porto had. I went there to watch Muse but we spend 5 days in and around the area and I would go back in a heart beat. I even got told my Portuguese was "very good" there, although he refused to put it in writing and didn't give me a badge. Foda-se ele a puta springs to mind.

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Sure someone could nip down and see if that sign is up now.

lol

IMG_9224.JPG

There was also a christmas last year....!

CC said last week that he was going back home for a long weekend before returning to sheffield on Tuesday

2 hours ago, MOwl said:

Was in the media last week that Porto are keeping tabs on Carlos as they've had a poor season and are set to sack their manager

Seems like they've been in touch with Carvalhal and his agent this weekend, and our board have told him he's free to go

Be a sad way for him to go because I've loved him here but if true can't begrudge him moving back to Portugal and managing a club the size of Porto

Linky ? 

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I've heard this rumour and think it's just paper talk to be fair.

That said in my eyes this would be the ideal scenario as I really like Carlos but I just don't see us progressing any further with him.

He'd be getting to move on to bigger and better things, he'd also be back in Portugal with his family and we'd be able to go out and find a manager who is capable of getting the best out of the embarrassment of riches we have attacking wise in our squad.

Yep cos it's as easy as that.

Maybe we ask Derby for advice on this.

Out with the old, in with the new, business as usual, promotion guaranteed because it will be "someone who knows how to get out of this division".