Squad to be broken up

4 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Why the roger would you mention huge expenditure when most people with half a brain realise the only way to progress from 13th to 4th place was due to expenditure?

I just think massive over reaction at a club that's progressed on and off the pitch for is it the last 6 season consecutively so if we continue that next season then automatic promotion may well be ours.

On the squad id personally look at 3/4 signings all with Pace.

Pace being the main ingredient missing this season.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Mooy is one id like to try and sign in the summer . Im pretty sure City will want to loan him out again . He is a quality attacking midfielder. 

Agreed although I suspect he may end up on loan in the premier league next 

11 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Some reight fan.nies about, the OP sums up the toys out of pram side of our support, had we played EXACTLY the same on Weds night but it was us who won 4-3 on pens, this thread wouldn't have existed.

Had Diame's shot been saved or flown over bar.......

Fine margins.

We're in the best position the club has been for decades, we've shown marked improvement on and off the pitch ever since DC arrived and installed CC...

but yeah, lets throw the baby out with the bath water!!

If I could I'd plus you more, I would.  Stability is was is needed.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We signed the wrong players last summer in my opinion. 

We needed a couple of pacy , direct wingers , a midfield box to box beast and a quality centre half. 

I think Fletcher made a big difference though. He could be our Glenn Murray next season.

8 hours ago, sage owl said:

To me it seems strange that if we're going to play with so called wingers who tuck inside making the full backs supply the width, that we don't have like for like replacements indeed the loan wingers we've signed have been traditional out and out wingers who are never going to do a job like Wallace. There are things that need changing and tweaking for sure but there's a lot more that's good than bad at SWFC just now. So I'd like to keep the management team and the majority of the squad.

Oh and the tired old kickaball insult makes you look daft.

only an affectionate nick name, better than calling him 'Carlos' as though we were best mates.

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Not sure mooy is PL class yet.

Wonder if Murray would be available, I'm sure Brighton will need to upgrade 90% of their squad 

Tell me about McManaman and Buckley being available but not getting picked again...I'll listen to what you know about football then

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

course it is . After all why would you ever call anyone by their name.

OK, let's call him by his name Mr Carvahal

I have never met him in person, never been out in his company and so do not wish to address him as though I have and that we are good friends.

Abdi was the one player that could have transformed us but for some reason we didn't play him in his preferred position or get the best out of him.  Get rid of some of the dead wood but let's not start making wholesale changes